• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's Wrong with Pridelands?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BondofWater

Why do i see so many people on the forums saying the world was crap.if anything it was my favorite world in KH2

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I love that world! Its one of my favorites. Sora looks cool as a lion and you can pretty much run faster. Thats always nice. I would have liked it more if an Organization 13 member had been there though. Would have made it fit into the storyline more I think.

State

Awards
It needed more animals. I wanted to talk with zebras, giraffes, *insert other animals here*, etc.

NumberVIII

^Well it took place during the time when Scar was in control and the land was barren...remember in the movie in stuff how much trouble they had finding food? Other animals were scarce.

The Pride Lands was one of my favorites too. Sora lion was ADORABLE. :3 I think he should've just been a lion the entire game. I love how fast he runs, too.

Jakek9

I loved playing as Lion Sora. Moves were very creative since Sora was so limited in that form. I look forward to it everytime I replay the game.

BondofWater

i saved right when you started pridelands, now whenever i want i can play through pridelands

Rix

:)
Awards
It was okay. Didn't really like the controls in that world and I think they could have done so much more with that world. Would have loved to play in Pride Lands when everything is back to normal.

So I think that the world had so much more potential which wasn't used. But it was okay. Didn't hate it.

Fortissimo

At first, I thought it was weird, but it grew on me and I ended up liking it. Especially the ability to run really fast.
I bet Nomura had fun with it. Getting his wish to have lion sora.

WaveK89

I thought it was okay, but I just got bored with it. I found myself just skipping any Heartless just to get through to the next area. I felt that the game could have done without the world since it didn't really cater to the main storyline.

Awards
I think the major beef was its atmosphere.
It nailed all of the major locations (Pride Rock, Elephant Graveyard, etc.) but most of it was depicted pretty bland. Practically no color variation- just grey and dead. It was excusable the first visit since Scar was still in power, but the second visit was kind of a downer that they didn't change the condition.

Most people wanted to see something more along the lines of this:

3:12

Even so, though, I don't think it was a bad world at all. The mechanics of lion Sora were fun and like I said, they at least nailed the best locations. Better than plenty of other worlds.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
I loved the Pride Lands. XD Playing him as a lion was fun!
I think the reason why so many people hated it was because of the so-called "plot", and how it had almost nothing to do with the game and was just a 3D, crappier version of the movie. If they had merged the plot with the game's plot, I think it would have been more popular.
Personally, I would have liked it if the destroying of worlds had killed Mufasa, and Simba blamed himself for it (faithful to movie, yet fits in with the KH plotline), with Scar, having sided with the Heartless and become one himself, being the real reason behind Mufasa's death (perhaps Scar helped the Heartless destroy the world, hoping he, too, could become a ruler of all worlds). SDG and Simba discove this fact, destroy Scar, and there's your world plot. :3
I'm hoping they'll bring that world back for KH3, only this time, make the plot more enjoyable.

i saved right when you started pridelands, now whenever i want i can play through pridelands

So did I! XD I have a saved file of the Pride Lands (both visits), so if I ever want to play just that world, I can. c:

I think the major beef was its atmosphere.
It nailed all of the major locations (Pride Rock, Elephant Graveyard, etc.) but most of it was depicted pretty bland. Practically no color variation- just grey and dead. It was excusable the first visit since Scar was still in power, but the second visit was kind of a downer that they didn't change the condition.

Most people wanted to see something more along the lines of this:

3:12

Even so, though, I don't think it was a bad world at all. The mechanics of lion Sora were fun and like I said, they at least nailed the best locations. Better than plenty of other worlds.

HOLY CRAP THAT'S PRETTY. o__o
I hope we get to see that in KH3.

BondofWater

I loved the Pride Lands. XD Playing him as a lion was fun!
I think the reason why so many people hated it was because of the so-called "plot", and how it had almost nothing to do with the game and was just a 3D, crappier version of the movie. If they had merged the plot with the game's plot, I think it would have been more popular.
Personally, I would have liked it if the destroying of worlds had killed Mufasa, and Simba blamed himself for it (faithful to movie, yet fits in with the KH plotline), with Scar, having sided with the Heartless and become one himself, being the real reason behind Mufasa's death (perhaps Scar helped the Heartless destroy the world, hoping he, too, could become a ruler of all worlds). SDG and Simba discove this fact, destroy Scar, and there's your world plot. :3
I'm hoping they'll bring that world back for KH3, only this time, make the plot more enjoyable.

So did I! XD I have a saved file of the Pride Lands (both visits), so if I ever want to play just that world, I can. c:

HOLY CRAP THAT'S PRETTY. o__o
I hope we get to see that in KH3.
i did that with every world so i could just play one without having to go through the whole game

SilverCyrus

It was decent, i ussually rushed through it a bit, i didnt like the controls, or the atmosphere.
It was a lot of back and forth, going to the same areas or and over again before showing you a new area.

Thye ability to use deives wouldnt have made the world more interesting, i mean you would be able to explore 4 cool looking drive modes while in the world.

over all it was decent, but i prefre other worlds.

Aria

braver by the minute
I liked it, but like Grass said on the second visit it was pretty disappointing. I did love the little jungle they had with Timon and Pumba though, I thought that was really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back