• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Whats with the MA892 posts lately?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Has anyone noticed a bunch of threads (all written in Korean i think) with MA892 or something? I googled translate it and it was just a repeat of the words "Horse Race" over and over again.
Probably a scam or something and if so, be careful.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Those are DIRTY ROTTEN SPAMMERS. Durn cockroaches. I hope the admin turns on the XenoForo Stop Forum Spam integration, maybe that'd stop them.

I've been reporting every one of those posts for good reason without clicking any links.

okhi12

Awards
Yeah, it's very annoying. They're probably bots, I wish there was a way to get rid of them.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Glad I wasn't the only one losing patience with those spam threads. I used to report them frequently, but then I realized they were so obvious the admins would be on top of them pretty quickly anyway, lol. Still, wish there was a way to effectively prevent them.
Yeah, it's very annoying. They're probably bots, I wish there was a way to get rid of them.
From what I heard, they used to be able to moderate them much easier with the old forum software (I believe by automatically marking a thread for review/approval when it is both the account's first post, and also has a link attached), but since the overhaul, they've started becoming visible to the public.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Actually this software (I did some investigation of my own) has some integration with a site called Stop Forum Spam which could stop a lot of the bots from registering, but I figure they either haven't found the integration yet or a way they like yet.

Please PLEASE mods, turn that on and save our eyes a eyesore? Please?

Soldier

Awards
Ugh, bot scammers!? those are the worst kind, I'm with you maryadavies, Luminar and ohki, we need to send these fools packing!

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
Those are DIRTY ROTTEN SPAMMERS. Durn cockroaches. I hope the admin turns on the XenoForo Stop Forum Spam integration, maybe that'd stop them.

I've been reporting every one of those posts for good reason without clicking any links.
as have i, those things are getting more annoying as of late.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
No kidding. I just reported some English spam posts too (They're not just in korean), but then I know how to recognize 'em. They're everywhere..

That's why I'm saying, turn on that antispammer feature pleeease. I don't know if it'd get rid of the korean bots but maybe it'll save on a lot of reports.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
No kidding. I just reported some English spam posts too (They're not just in korean), but then I know how to recognize 'em. They're everywhere..

That's why I'm saying, turn on that antispammer feature pleeease. I don't know if it'd get rid of the korean bots but maybe it'll save on a lot of reports.
The admin told me that feature has been activated since we moved to XenForo.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Gotcha chaser. Maybe I can look around and see if ya can add a registration question. Old skool but maybe that'd help. (For those that don't know what that means..a registration question that'd be KH related that even the most casual KH player would know right off the bat, but would confuse a bot.)

I'll also see if there's any other plugins that might be able to help get rid of these stupid bots. I seem to have a nose for that, as the RPGamer admins can tell you.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
i've discovered a pattern. these bots appear more often during the later hours of the day
Yeah, they mostly go online when it's around mid-day in Korea / China. Sucks for me since that's when the American mods are asleep and I'm at work so they're difficult to get to.

Also, I don't believe a reason is required when reporting things. We know it's spam so putting "this is spam!" as the reason is counter-intuitive. It'll also save you (generalised 'you') time so you aren't wasting your time with writing out reasons on multiple spam reports :)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Ah you know what, ignore what I said. It doesn’t say “reason is required” so I thought it wasn’t needed, but that message does come up when trying to submit a blank report. Sorry folks!

Chromatic

Become
Awards
I've been noticing that those spam threads have made their way to this place. I've been seeing them on a few other message boards for a few years now; for a while I reckoned they were only hitting up the places that had little to no actual human activity. Guess they've just moved up to catch a more robust crowd.

Back