• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's with all the KH2 hate?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XIIIStarr

How can anyone call Cloud, Tifa, Sephiroth, etc. not important characters? They give the game half of it's awsomness!

Salux

to be honest, it was wonderful.
but i did think it was kinda short.
i was looking for more.
but dont get me wrong i loved it,
and the camera settings are a lot better
then in kh1.
i didnt hate the sense of CoM.
i just didnt like the card thing.
i havent really played it, through
the whole thing anyway.
i dont think that people should say it out loud
to be rudely honest sure you can have the freedom of speech.
but i think you should have selfconsciousness and be a little kind.
i guess.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
KH2 is horrible. Why? Well uh, let's see here.

Graphics and voice acting doesn't make a game good. (Halo anyone?) I do agree that good music is a given for any RPG, KH2 only had one or two decent tracks. When playing an RPG, if the story sucks, then the game itself pretty much sucks. Why would I play a 40+ hour game if the story goes nowhere? That's like eating cereal without milk (or, in KH2's case, it's like eating cereal with expired milk). I want to be as nice as I can here: KH2 has no story. The story can be divided into three parts: the beginning with Roxas, the Hollow Bastion battle midway through, and the World that Never Was scenes. Honestly, you can take out everything else and the same story could be told. Even still, when you do get past the filler (and the Disney Worlds in KH2 were, for lack of a better word, shit), the story itself isn't that good. It's just uninteresting, and I felt no attachment to any of the characters. There was no emotion, no character development, nothing whatsoever.

Next, the gameplay. KH2 is a game that lacks what must be a given in any RPG: adventure. KH2 literally takes that away. For example, you're in Twilight Town, and you want to go to the Train Station, the game will literally tell you "That's not the way to the Sandlot! We have to stop <insert uninteresting villain here>!"

Also, the game just isn't fun. It's far too easy, and why would I do something that poses no challenge at all? It's so easy to the point where it's just boring. It's not fun at all. The reaction commands do nothing to heighten the excitement, either. Whenever you're given the opportunity to use the reaction command, it doesn't take any skill. Why? Because you know exactly what button to press! It's not like God of War or Resident Evil 4 where the reaction command buttons are completely random. Also, since the game was easy, I felt no need to explore for the [lackluster] extras, no need to build up, no obligation to do anything. Since it was easy, and the story sucked, I felt the only thing I could do was put a more enjoyable game in my PS2.

Some may argue that KH2:FM+ fixed the problems the original had. But let's get real here: if you have to re-release a game in order to make it better, it's obvious that the company has some issues at hand. But that's an argument for another time, I suppose.

In conclusion, KH2 basically killed any liking I had for serious. Ever since I played the sequel, I've felt no need to play the first one ever since, which is disappointing, because the first one was actually an enjoyable game. Also, I've lost any interest in the future games, which now I think the series is being milked. I'm just disappointed I wasted months of my life anticipating a mediocre game. That's all KH2 is: a mediocre game. Nothing more. IGN, I think, was being nice when they gave it a 7.6, because I think the game honestly deserves only a 4 or 5.

And that, my friend, is why KH2 sucks.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
On almost every KH board I post on there are at least one or two threads which are titled "KH2 SUCKS!" or "KH2 is crap." I want to know why. KH2 iis not crap. A crappy game lacks in almost all areas. KH2 has phenomenal graphics, top notch voice work, and great music. Now it can be argued that the gameplay and story are crap...but those are only two aspects of the game. I've seen so many KH fans dissing KH2 and I can't understand why. Is it disappointment? A game is NEVER as good as you hype it up to be. KH2 may look like crap compared to KH1 in some people's eyes but as a game itself its nothing of the sort. If You were to judge kh2 as its own game and not compare it to its predecessor you would see that its' not crap. My theory is that the kh2 haters are just blinded by their disappointment with kh2. So if the haters can come up with a solid reason why ikh2 is crap without comparing it to kh1 then let me know. The answers I will most likely get is that the gameplay and story were bad. Well that's fine but even if its lacking in those two areas that doesn't make it crap. If it excels in all other aspects then its not a bad game. Anyway...let's hear some reasons.

Yeah, you're right. KH2 is a good game. I know crappy games they include:

*Superman 64
*Lair
*Eragon
*Killzone

Now those are bad games.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
How can anyone call Cloud, Tifa, Sephiroth, etc. not important characters? They give the game half of it's awsomness!
Alright let's analyze each characters role in KH2.

Cloud: Helps out in the giant heartless battle in Hollow bastion and besides that his role is to pout about Sephy and the darkness he represents. End of point in game.

Sephiroth: Fights Cloud. End of point in game. Doesn't even push the story along at all and offers nothing but a optional boss battle and 3 minutes of a pointless Cloud vs Sehpy cut scene.

Tifa:Helps out in the giant heartless battle and once more in HB. Her mission statement is I'M LOOKING FOR CLOUD!! End of point in game. As much as I loved Tifa she just had no real reason to be there except for sweet eye candy.

Yuffie:Helps out in blah blah blah you know. End of point in game.

Setzer: Fights you in the struggle and tends to be depicted as a very flamboyant man despite his not so gay ways in FFVI. His role is to be that man that might molest you if get to close to him. Thanks Nomura..

Vivi: Gets possessed and fights you in struggle besides that his role is to be the child pushover from FFIX and make a lot of new fans believe that IX is still not worth playing. Thanks again Nomura.. -__-'

Need I go on?

Charlie K

Back in Business
KH2 was easy, but it didn't suck. I liked it more then KH1. For Various Reasons./..to lasy to explain

Sexy Angel
Those people will get banned anyways. There threads would be closed, and life would move on. Its ok, its not the most horrible thing in the world.

Rix

:)
Awards
I was a little dissapointed of kH2 after playing kh1.. And it's three reasons: 1. Sometimes it's too many cutscenes like you see watch a cutscene, after the cutx\scene you have to walk in two seconds and talk to a person and watch another cutscene. That's what annoyed me. 2. way to easy gameplay! 3. No good reason to visit the Disnsyworlds.

But after all KH2 is a really good game and I love it:) But KH is muh better.

thedivisionbella

Website
www.youtube.com
I don't see a reason to really knock KH2. It was such a success and incorporated many new things into the realm of Kingdom Hearts. Personally, for me it answered a lot of questions about the first one, and without KH2, the upcoming games would make no sense. 358/2 days? Organization based it seems....characters like Saix, Axel, Xigbar and most importantly Roxas wouldn't have been introduced without Kingdom Hearts II. Many people complain about the gameplay as Roxas, and yeah, every time I play I say "ugh I know how to play this game, do I REALLY need the three hour tutorial?" so I can understand that the Roxas gameplay is lacking and a bit annoying. However, it does tie in directly with the storyline, so I really wouldn't complain about it. It gives us the story from another, and VERY IMPORTANT character's perspective and I think KH2 is great for that reason.

Gameplay IS important in a game. That is true, but not everybody is after fighting fighting fighting....I personally enjoy the cutscenes, grapics, and ESPECIALLY the music. It is all these things combined that make playing the game a truly great experience. I would never bash KH2, it is one of my favorite video games of all time, hands down.

Salux

in future games,
even if they do suck.
ill still play them, just because
im a dedicated fan,
but Cursed does have a good point.
nice

Zipporahss

I'll tell you why, you see my friend i have met people who also dislike the game, I on the other hand LOVE that game, it made me cry, I played that game three times I love it so much. But the person I met said that he hated because it was too easy, sure it was easy but there's no reason to hate that game, to me it had better abilities, upgrades and so on, but all because it was too easy most people hated that game. I hope you like my answer!!!!

Puck

Yeah, there's a lot of easy games that I love. I think the reason it was easy is because nomura wanted it to be user friendly to families. The older extreme crowd was mad that he went the family game route instead of the hardcore route. This is why KH shouldn't be on the PS3 but should be on the wii or the 360 :thumbup: .

danial88

Why do some of u hate KH2???!!!:confused: I mean come on, it's the best thing that happened. The game has been vamped up with new things like the drive forms, the limits, the weapons and the enemies.

Puck

^More importantly the camera. The camera doesn't fight you anymore. That was without a doubt the hardest boss in KH1. The camera.

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
I think KH is better than KH2 mainly because it was the first.
KH2 wasn't planned until after KH which made it seem weak.

I don't think KH2 was a bad game, it does have flaws, but it wasn't horrible.

people who hate KH2 probably hate RPGs in general.....

Dante 300

Well the only thing about it is bad is that its SOO repetive, unlike DMC3 theres bearily many moves or combos in the game
But otherwise the game was awesome, really like Seph fight.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
The hate could be because of the core areas of; gameplay, voice acting, playable worlds, story, character roles, difficulty, what was in the trailers, what was expected, etc. I basically thought the gameplay, story, and a bunch of other stuff was top notch. I just wished I could've played as Riku for longer than given.

Basically, it is people's opinions. Maybe when people got the game, they were hoping for what was in the trailers to be in the actual game. The game could've been to easy for them, they hated the worlds, it wasn't what they were expecting, it could even be because FM+ didn't come and they hate their game cause the FM+ additions aren't in it o_O and all that weirdo stuff.

You just gotta remember there could be thousands-millions more fans of KH2 that aren't on this site, or don't have a computer for that matter, that love this game to death.

Agent007

I &#9829; Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
I dont know. Basically, I thought that KH2 was an excellent game. The story in 1 was better but as far as people hating the game goes, people have the right to their opinion. You cant please everybody. That's why no matter how good something is, there will always be people knocking it down. Hands down I think that KH2 is one of the best games I have ever played.

Dante 300

yea well you got a point there InfiniteTwilight.
Ive always wanted to be riku for MUCH longer, but all you get is a minute or so at end. Also i wish FM+ would come out FULLY english so then where i live wuld accept it and bring it in... BUT NO THAT HAD TO MAKE IT ONLY JAPANESE (who cares about the voices, the words in the menu and stuff are MORE important).
I really wana fight roxas and play RE CoM and fight all the nobodies. any1 here who has FM+ and doesnt know Japenese would find it STUPID, wouldnt understand.
I WANT FM+ BAD, but i wont get it EVER EVER EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back