• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's with all the KH2 hate?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas12

On almost every KH board I post on there are at least one or two threads which are titled "KH2 SUCKS!" or "KH2 is crap." I want to know why. KH2 iis not crap. A crappy game lacks in almost all areas. KH2 has phenomenal graphics, top notch voice work, and great music. Now it can be argued that the gameplay and story are crap...but those are only two aspects of the game. I've seen so many KH fans dissing KH2 and I can't understand why. Is it disappointment? A game is NEVER as good as you hype it up to be. KH2 may look like crap compared to KH1 in some people's eyes but as a game itself its nothing of the sort. If You were to judge kh2 as its own game and not compare it to its predecessor you would see that its' not crap. My theory is that the kh2 haters are just blinded by their disappointment with kh2. So if the haters can come up with a solid reason why ikh2 is crap without comparing it to kh1 then let me know. The answers I will most likely get is that the gameplay and story were bad. Well that's fine but even if its lacking in those two areas that doesn't make it crap. If it excels in all other aspects then its not a bad game. Anyway...let's hear some reasons.

Q

Banned
...video game lacking in gameplay doesn't make it bad?

wait, I thought that was the point of playing. :<

Awards
I thought that the gameplay in KH2 was a lot of fun. I thought the reason they were traveling to the disney worlds was a little iffy. In theory one would assume we should have gone after the strong hold of the organization, but we were just kind of going along. so in my eyes, the begging of the story was bad, but if you looked past the reason you were traveling (i did this the first time i played) i thought the story was actually good...

Obviously this is against the popular opinion of the board.

the14thmember

i think KH2 was brilliant:good graphics, new worlds, drive form and other things about it

Org. XIII was a brilliant new enemy.The members of the Org. were great to fight against (only if they released Final mix+ in europe so we could face ALL the members)

It was more grown up too(less disney and more Ff if you know what i mean)

Only bad thing was it was a bit easy

Nope. Many things contribute to a video game. Sure gameplay matters a lot but its not the whole package.

No. Wrong. You're telling me that you would play the worst game ever, with the worst gameplay, controls, and story, because the voice acting is good? No. Gameplay is the main reason to play a game, with story behind. If those things are crap, then the game is almost always crap.

Personally, I love KH2. sometimes, though, it just isn't that good.

And about comparing it to KH1...
It is the sequel, so, of coarse, it is going to be compared to the original.

Haku

<3
I didn't hate the game but it got very repetitive because mostly all you were doing is mashing the X button and avoiding enemy attacks.

Roxas12

No. Wrong. You're telling me that you would play the worst game ever, with the worst gameplay, controls, and story, because the voice acting is good? No. Gameplay is the main reason to play a game, with story behind. If those things are crap, then the game is almost always crap.

Personally, I love KH2. sometimes, though, it just isn't that good.

And about comparing it to KH1...
It is the sequel, so, of coarse, it is going to be compared to the original.

Well let me use an example. Final fantasy 12. I thought the gameplay was mediocre. However it excelled in all other aspects(most notably the music,graphics, and voice acting) so I like the game as a whole. All the other things it excelled in pushed me to keep playing the game.

Ultima Fenrir

Bronze Member
I personally thought the story and gameplay to KH2 were much better than KH. The attacks were much more effective, and you didn't have to move around in the menu to use an attack like ragnarok. I think hands down the camera system in KH2 was a HUGE improvement. All in all, I thought KH2 was better.

Well let me use an example. Final fantasy 12. I thought the gameplay was mediocre. However it excelled in all other aspects(most notably the music,graphics, and voice acting) so I like the game as a whole. All the other things it excelled in pushed me to keep playing the game.

Was the story good? Cause even if the gameplay wasn't that good, if the story is the best ever, it would be worth trudging through. How was that game, anyway? I haven't played it yet.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality

Surely your juxtaposing yourself...You find playing the game to be boring/mediocre. It lacks excitement yet cosmetic touch ups ultimately make it a better experience. BS

Gameplay > Story (excused for Sports/Party games) > Longevity > Replay Value > Graphics > VA

KH2 lacked the first two in that list, and ultimately they are the factors that determine a great action/adventure game...

I personally thought the story and gameplay to KH2 were much better than KH. The attacks were much more effective, and you didn't have to move around in the menu to use an attack like ragnarok. I think hands down the camera system in KH2 was a HUGE improvement. All in all, I thought KH2 was better.

Agree with you there. Except for the story part.

Other than that, I thought that KH1 was better.

the14thmember

yeah I belivie that the camara system was FAR better than KH1

SimpleHikari

I alternate between Castle Oblivion & The World Th
Website
www.myotaku.com
Surely your juxtaposing yourself...You find playing the game to be boring/mediocre. It lacks excitement yet cosmetic touch ups ultimately make it a better experience. BS

Gameplay > Story (excused for Sports/Party games) > Longevity > Replay Value > Graphics > VA

KH2 lacked the first two in that list, and ultimately they are the factors that determine a great action/adventure game...

This is why no one will ever agree on whether a game is good or not.

I thought the KH2 had an AWESOME storyline and good gameplay too, with lots of new, better moves and actions. I dare someone to look me in the eyes and tell me they didn't think Final Form was cool.

Apollo

Silver Member
Yes there will always be someone that hates somthing. I use to have friends that said the game was kiddy, I here that from a lot of haters of the game.

Riku77

ah it is nice to be back. I had another profile but that got screwed up so I just changed my name by 3 numbers and got a new account. Anywho everyone hates something and I guess they just hate kh. I dont see why but hey their problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back