• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's up with Riku's eyes?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ImVentus

Awards
Throughout the series his eyes have always been blueish green (cyan)
tumblr_mjnbtvWvIa1qeup67o1_500.gif

Why of the sudden is his eyes pale green in his KH3 render?
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-02-15%2Bat%2B1.16.34%2BPM.png

Any thoughts on this?
tumblr_oxxmkmpIJ51u6ojdfo1_r5_400.gif

Zul

Awards
His KH3D CGI model also has green eyes. I don't really know what's going on other than Square just being indecisive then finally going with green.

7925mo03.jpg

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
His CGI model in the KH2 opening also has green eyes

QlKWd1j.png

Those who made the in-game models and CGI models would be different people, but references should prevent the different eye colors I would think.

Maybe Green is Blue is at play here.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
The KH fandom everytime a new trailer/new character models drop
(this is just for funzies people. Feel free to discuss anything and any color you want :p)

[video=youtube;6ZI3LluFbk0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZI3LluFbk0[/video]

Rosebudx

Awards
Same thing as they've done with Kairi for years.

Blue eyes:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Purple Eyes:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I mean, in the opening of the first game her eyes were almost blue-green. Her character model has the exact same color of eyes as Sora most of the time. And yet, recent CGI has shown her with a distinct purple tint.

ImVentus

Awards
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-02-15%2Bat%2B4.16.00%2BPM.png

Yet here in he's 0.2 render, he's eyes are clearly (cyan) not blue or pale green.

Maybe it's just an error or early render.

ImVentus

Awards
This sorta reminds me of when Disney messed up Nala's eyes.

However it might be a creative decision. So I wanted to see how it would look if Riku had his KH shades.
My masterful edit skills lolz.
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-02-15%2Bat%2B6.48.39%2BPM.png

Hakan Xatos

Awards
It seems like both Riku and Kairi were rocking the Sora blue eyes at least some point in the series. Maybe they just didn't want all three of them to have similar features? Then tried to slowly change their eye colors.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
There are a lot of blue eyes in this series, so they try to put little touches to make them different. Riku's eyes are still technically blue with green tints, but they're rather indecisive about how far green they want to go.

For reference's sake, some odd years ago, I made a basic eye chart by pulling from KH2 and BBS textures:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Hakan Xatos

Awards
There are a lot of blue eyes in this series, so they try to put little touches to make them different. Riku's eyes are still technically blue with green tints, but they're rather indecisive about how far green they want to go.

For reference's sake, some odd years ago, I made a basic eye chart by pulling from KH2 and BBS textures:

Spoiler Spoiler Show
That's a really neat chart and it shows a pattern. Bluish eyes mean you're good. Yellowish eyes mean you're bad. Black eyes mean you're probably gonna die.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

That's a really neat chart and it shows a pattern. Bluish eyes mean you're good. Yellowish eyes mean you're bad. Black eyes mean you're probably gonna die.
So Marluxia is a good boy?

So if blue is good and yellow is bad, then this would green means neutral? What do brown eyes mean?

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com

Spoiler Spoiler Show
I think you are also missing Marluxia, Demyx, Luxord, Larxene, Ienzo/Zexion, Ansem the Wise, Braig/Xigbar, Dilan/Xaldin, Even/Vexen, and etc. Where does their eye color fit on the chart?

Zul

Awards
Eyes don't have a good or bad.

Originally people thought yellow eyes meant darkness because the heartless have yellow eyes, as well as Xehanort, who is heavily associated with darkness. In addition, Terra's eyes turn yellow without any indication of possession in the KH2FM+ secret ending, until it was revealed to be symbolic.

ImVentus

Awards
Maybe green eyes reflect (light & darkness) and that apparently Riku's eyes used to be blue but turned greener when he battled his inner darkness. Sounds interesting when I think about it.

tumblr_okqavbIulb1s60yyoo1_500.gif

A Tumblr user edited this shot of Riku in 0.2. Here his eyes are surprisingly more blue.
This was most likely only experimenting with the lighting.

But that color chart is indeed very interesting.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I think you are also missing Marluxia, Demyx, Luxord, Larxene, Ienzo/Zexion, Ansem the Wise, Braig/Xigbar, Dilan/Xaldin, Even/Vexen, and etc. Where does their eye color fit on the chart?

The only reason I was putting it together was because I was studying game art at the time and thought it was interesting. It was never my intention to make a complete chart.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Maybe green eyes reflect (light & darkness) and that apparently Riku's eyes used to be blue but turned greener when he battled his inner darkness.

This is what I initially thought too. I was thinking it was him either battling or accepting darkness making his eyes change.

However, I'm starting to believe it's just him growing up. It seems eye pigmentation can change with age.

Riku as a kid has blue eyes, but the Riku we see now has green eyes. I think with a combination of what Sign said about Square Enix being indecisive and Riku growing up are reasons why we've seen him with green eyes and why he has green eyes now.

The only thing I'm having trouble piecing together is why KH2 Riku looks different from DDD Riku. The only answers I've come up with is that is they're still in Dream World when they meet up with Yen Sid or its a completely different Riku..

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
This is what I initially thought too. I was thinking it was him either battling or accepting darkness making his eyes change.

However, I'm starting to believe it's just him growing up. It seems eye pigmentation can change with age.

Riku as a kid has blue eyes, but the Riku we see now has green eyes. I think with a combination of what Sign said about Square Enix being indecisive and Riku growing up are reasons why we've seen him with green eyes and why he has green eyes now.

The only thing I'm having trouble piecing together is why KH2 Riku looks different from DDD Riku. The only answers I've come up with is that is they're still in Dream World when they meet up with Yen Sid or its a completely different Riku..
Perhaps, it's the same Riku or his eye color might change depending on mood. I doubt the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back