• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Whats the point?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

riku_kicks_butt

Whats the point in this life? You go to school. You get a job. You have a family. and its over. Its empty. theres no point. There has to be a greater good out there somewhere. Something to fight for. Something more important than all these trivial things you here about on tv and stuff. Theres gotta be more to this life. Whats the point in happiness and all these emotions when nothing in our mortal lives truely matters. Whats the greater good? Is there one?

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I couldn't read, too much angst.

Joking aside, life has whatever meaning you give it. There are no goals unless you set any.

Survival, happiness, etc. are some.

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
Technically, there is no point to life. However, life is a huge privilege so make the most of it. Don't be a complete slave to society, but also do not become the rebel child who feels they have to destroy everything before feeling happy. I could go on and on, but here is a major tip: Do what makes YOU happy.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Joking aside, life has whatever meaning you give it. There are no goals unless you set any.

^

Would any of you rather be dead than alive right now, whatever the "point" of life is? Because I wouldn't.

riku_kicks_butt

It just seems like there should be more. Like theres something out there that needs to be done. And that im missing the point. I mean life means nothing unless you do something with it

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL
It just seems like there should be more. Like theres something out there that needs to be done. And that im missing the point. I mean life means nothing unless you do something with it

Did you ever consider that there was something out there that needed to be done, but you just needed to find out what it was?

Norpthalomus

It's better than drinking alone
Awards
Website
ultimumrome.tumblr.com
This life is designed to suit you however you see fit. Do what you want to do and what makes you happy.

Don't fit the stereotypes unless it's what you believe in. I feel the way you do all the time, though, it's normal.

You just have to focus on the good. And who knows, maybe you have a greater calling, it sounds like you would be suited to some Volunteer cause.

Keep an open mind, and if you ever want to talk, send me a message. :)

Esso

Fire Breaker
I think the whole point in life depends on the way you see it and what you believe in too
It's all up to you on how you want to use your life to what you think gives your life a fulfilling meaning

Lord betrayus

Website
m.www.yahoo.com
Whats the point in this life? You go to school. You get a job. You have a family. and its over. Its empty. theres no point. There has to be a greater good out there somewhere. Something to fight for. Something more important than all these trivial things you here about on tv and stuff. Theres gotta be more to this life. Whats the point in happiness and all these emotions when nothing in our mortal lives truely matters. Whats the greater good? Is there one?
Your life must suck. JK

Now seriously, there is no point in life unless you make a point in life for the good of people or a sect or for the bad of people or a sect, asking a question like this is going to get you very mixed answers, no one is sure I know I'm not.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Life is what you make of it. Lots of factors play into this, religion says hi, but that's just an easy example.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
If there was an ultimate point to life, would we not be slaves to the fullfillment of that purpose? Yes, it would matter, but would it matter to us?

Free will takes away the "importance" of our lives, but it also gives us the chance to give ourselves purposes that matter to us.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Whats the point in this life?
Theres is no universal one. You have to make a meaning for your own life.
You go to school.
Because knowledge is better than ignorance.
You get a job.
How else are you going to afford whatever it is you might want? Jobs exist to produce money and provide goods and services, and all of them exist as they do because it worked better than bartering.
You have a family.
That's what living things of opposite genders tend to do.
and its over
Everything's got to have an end.
Its empty.
It's only empty if you made no effort to make something of your life.
theres no point.
Like I said, make on for yourself.
There has to be a greater good out there somewhere.
Because what? Life is unfair? If you want to have no unfairness, go and be non-existent. I'm sure you'd honestly prefer being alive to not being at all.
Something to fight for.
Everyone's got their own beliefs and morals, and they 'fight' for them on an every-day basis.
Something more important than all these trivial things you here about on tv and stuff.
That's not life. That's news companies who do what it takes to get views. You want to see something interesting? Go outside and do it.
Theres gotta be more to this life.
Not really.
Whats the point in happiness and all these emotions when nothing in our mortal lives truely matters.
I hope you do realise that emotions aren't inherent to living things, they're some collateral thing we picked up along the way. They have very little to do with our existential footprint, though. Also, implying that not every single human being is contributing in some way to defining humanity as a whole in the future.
Whats the greater good?
'Good' is a human term. So is 'evil'. There's no such thing as a 'good' or a 'bad' that every person can agree on. It's all relative.
Is there one?
No.

There we go, your bawwing attempt at being deep.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Whats the point in this life?
Each person has their own purpose. Generally you'll want to live life with the maximum amount of happiness possible.
You go to school. You get a job. You have a family. and its over. Its empty. theres no point.
Those things are necessary for growing in our world, just as having a family contributes to the continuation of the human population.
There has to be a greater good out there somewhere. Something to fight for. Something more important than all these trivial things you here about on tv and stuff.
Whatever you believe in that makes you happy for the most part.
Theres gotta be more to this life.
Any one life is generally insignificant in this world, as for the most part the world would have gone on just fine without them. Life isn't the happy fairytale the media may portray to children.
Whats the point in happiness and all these emotions when nothing in our mortal lives truely matters. Whats the greater good? Is there one?
There isn't much of a point except for self-satisfaction. When looking at the world as a whole, your life is pretty insignificant. When you magnify it to those around you and those that you know, such as family and friends, then your life has more significance. Either way, it's usually best not to dwell on the pessimism.

riku_kicks_butt

All you guys seem to think im a sad person or something. No. Im perfectly happy. I jsut dont understand why were here. Isnt there a reason? Something that were supposed to do. Something were supposed to work together to achieve

Sacred X

Freshmeat

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Life is what you make of it. ^w^

Some people want to be remembered through physical things such as a story they've written or a peice of artwork they've made and others are satisfied to be known and remembered by their descendents and friends.

Also, if you think life sucks, then you're going to have a sucky life. If you think it's grand despite its pitfalls, then you're going to live happily. Or, at least, that's how I see it.

Sparks

gone
People are trying to acheive something. By getting a job you help other people be able to have modern day things and you could help other people and acheive to something greater, or you could be a non-existant burger flipper. By having a family you help keep the earth going, and by getting an education, you learn things to help you out later in life, and you can use it to help out other people. If you really want to question life, then you need to think about what it would be life if you were dead, and had no life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back