• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Whats the point?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

squal lionheart

Those are big philosophical questions no one knows the answers to. Reasons to live are different for everybody such as goals and stuff like that, but above all (I think) is the continuation of the human race. Yep go outside spread your genepool. NOW!

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
LIve and have fun, and make the future great for future generations I guess. xD

Biologic- to eat and reproduce.

Z

Zulkir

Life is what you make of it. Lots of factors play into this, religion says hi, but that's just an easy example.

Religion has a lot to do with what happens beyond death, which is what is initially perceived to be "the end".

One suggestion to the OP is to look towards it by asking generically "if there is a God, guide me to the right path" then putting effort into looking for the right path. Trust "God" to lead you to the right conclusion if you are being sincere.

Some specific suggestions would be to look at the different evidence put forth by these religions. If any religion is correct it should be able to

1)Prove that it wasn't able to be fabricated by man.

2) Prove that it was properly preserved over time(if it wasn't, then even if it was the correct religion, then you wouldn't be able to follow it anyway, so this is a basic requirement).

Think of it this way, if there's a hell, then not putting any effort whatsoever into looking to see if any religion is true at all shows that you wouldn't care about going to hell or not.

Considering the stakes involved, it's definitely something to invest time into.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
All you guys seem to think im a sad person or something. No. Im perfectly happy. I jsut dont understand why were here. Isnt there a reason? Something that were supposed to do. Something were supposed to work together to achieve

This is where a world views comes in handy

you can have either one of this:

Naturalism - There is no God, all is just physical matter.

Under this assumption falls what most of the people in this thread have been saying, life is what you make of it. With this mindset you only have one life so you better live it to the fullest, that's your purpose.

Pantheism - All is God

This view sets the purpose of life more on finding your inner self or inner god. Things like Buddhism, Hinduism and the concepts of Reincarnation would go under here.

Polytheism - There are many gods

This view calls for more devotion towards a god of your choosing and surrounding the purpose of your life around that god's will.

Relativism - Picking and choosing

Pretty self explanatory, if you don't feel other religions give a purpose to your life then just make your own out of bits and pieces of the other religions.

I'm sure there are more I just can't remember any right now.

But having any one of these world views will answer your questions.

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down
The point of life is to find out what is your point in life.

Firo

Oh Crap
It's ultimately up to you to find your own "purpose"
We can only give opinions (which are pretty much the same)
Asking "why" and "what if" doesn't accomplish anything. It only leads to more questions.
And more than likely the answers you're looking for will eventually answer themselves in time.

There's my redundant post for the week.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Relativism - Picking and choosing

Pretty self explanatory, if you don't feel other religions give a purpose to your life then just make your own out of bits and pieces of the other religions.
This is kind of innacurate, and the quick description of 'Picking and choosing' is downright false. Relativism isn't even a religious view, it's a school/method of thought saying that most things, if not all, are perceived or behave differently depending on who observes them. I think Hiitler is a bad man, but a Nazi thinks he is a good one. Neither is inherently more correct or valid than the other. Each is relative to each other.

Silfarion

I DUNNO ASK GOD LOLOLOLOL

Ok, just kidding. I think point of life is to do what you are made for, whether it is what people think you should do or you think what you should do.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I DUNNO ASK GOD LOLOLOLOL

Ok, just kidding. I think point of life is to do what you are made for, whether it is what people think you should do or you think what you should do.
That just raises another problem, with similar answers, of what you're made for. A vast majority of the time, no one is born with any particular purpose in mind.

E

Eyesore

Whats the point in this life?

There is none.
Life is pointless.
You're just an organism destined to shut down, currently inhabiting a Planet that is destined to shut down, which is floating in a domain that is destined to shut down(and restart).

Shinra

Banned
Awards
Technically, there is no point to life. However, life is a huge privilege so make the most of it. Don't be a complete slave to society, but also do not become the rebel child who feels they have to destroy everything before feeling happy. I could go on and on, but here is a major tip: Do what makes YOU happy.
now those are the truth..... I totaly agree on that

CougarsforJesus

Yes, there is. It's the fact that God exists. Because of him, we are called to a greater purpose. There is life after this life. That is unavoidable actually... and you can either go to heaven or to hell. This gives us a higher purpose.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
It's the fact that God exists.

There is life after this life.

That is unavoidable actually... and you can either go to heaven or to hell.

Proof of these, please.

Also, if the purpose of our life is simply to avoid going to hell, that's a pretty crappy purpose and a pretty imposing God to only allow those.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Yes, there is. It's the fact that God exists. Because of him, we are called to a greater purpose. There is life after this life. That is unavoidable actually... and you can either go to heaven or to hell. This gives us a higher purpose.

Too bad I believe I'll just rot in the ground when I'm dead. Though I would like for reincarnation to be plausible.

Life is what you make of it really. You might not know your purpose. You might discover it near the end of your life. Everyone's purpose is different. We all exist to do different things, be it great or small. We will all make an impact on this world by just living.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
We might have reason, we might not. Who knows? If you feel like you have a purpose or something to achieve, then do it. Either way, we're all here whether we like it or not.

Look at your life as if it were a book. Do you want your life to be an exciting novel, or do you want it to be bland and boring? Up to you. Do what makes you happy.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Whats the point in this life? You go to school. You get a job. You have a family. and its over. Its empty. theres no point.

Well, I think... maybe the people in your life are the point.

I mean, if you meet someone you love, you work hard to make each other happy and build a life together. Then if you have a family, what you build for them and what you teach them carries on even after your death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back