• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's the point in Axel\Lea coming back?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blueheart

Bronze Member
I can almost understand Roxas coming back, but Axel\Lea? What's the use of him coming back? He had his story, it ended well. Just because he's a fan favorite doesn't mean he has to come back.

I get why TAV need to come back, they are keyblade masters and have information on MX that might\will be useful.

I sort of get why Roxas and Xion will come back....but not entirely. Maybe Xion could just be remembered so I guess Sora's heart won't be hurt, *or something*. I don't know about Roxas. How could you help him?

As for Axel, he's not related to Sora, other than Roxas's friendship with him, but that's it. How is he necessary? Does he need to come back? What is he going to do if he does, sit and watch?

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
Re: What's the point in Axel\Lea coming back

When thinking about their necessity to the series compared to KH3, I'll agree they don't need to come back, or even be around after the Xehanort Saga for more than a few cameos, if at all. But, the point of this whole rescuing thing is to help the people who made Sora the person he has become, so it's more like a debt situation. However, I believe RAX needs to come back in a physical form because their whole story circled around the fact that they couldn't be together and every situation had them separated even more for the better. While they could just fuse with their original personas and meet as their Somebodies, that's not really my thought of being happy, you're just watching through someone else's eyes, not your own. To sum up, they don't NEED to come back, it's more like Sora WANTS them to come back as they really don't provide anymore backstory and further story plots at this point.

Shadow Key

Simply put, fanfare. Axel is a lovable character that is "hot" and "sexy" (or whatever the hell you creeps get off on) and some people can relate to him as a character lolwut.

Also, fire is cool.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Do you remember CoM? Axel was supposed to die, but he was too popular. So, he lived on in II. Still supposed to die in the prologue, still to popular. Finally dead at the end of the game. What? He is still alive in the form of Lea in Birth by Sleep? Okay, last appearance. Do you think he's lost his popularity? No, I don't think so. He will live on, as Lea again.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
I completely agree with fanfare. Seriously, he faked his death around THREE times in the series and only dies, not by defeat, but by an emotional suicide! If that isn't fanboy-fueled, than I don't know what is! Like I said, this situation is clearly a WANT story-wise, not a NEED!

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I completely agree with fanfare. Seriously, he faked his death around THREE times in the series and only dies, not by defeat, but by an emotional suicide! If that isn't fanboy-fueled, than I don't know what is! Like I said, this situation is clearly a WANT story-wise, not a NEED!

Exactly. Axel is a popular character. As much as I enjoy him, I think he finally deserves some closure.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
People keep saying "I think Axel will come back as Lea", as if he has any use coming back.

He doesn't. But fans want him, so he's going to comeback. If Axel was less popular, we wouldn't have seen him in II at all.

Shadow Key

He doesn't. But fans want him, so he's going to comeback. If Axel was less popular, we wouldn't have seen him in II at all.

I'm gonna challenge that. Axel got away from CoM scratch free, if I remember correctly... Nomura clearly had intentions to bring him back regardless (imho). However, I don't think Days would've gotten made if people didn't love Roxas' and Axel's relationship so much to the point where it was sickening.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
He has one reason to come back, one word: Fanservice

That is all.

I mean, is he a likable character? Hell yeah! Should he come back? Hell no! Will Nomura please Axel fanboys/girls and make up a reason so it's 'necessary' for him to come back? Yup, he most definatly will :p

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
I don't get how people think it's fanservice -___-
Some of the Somebodies of Orgies Nobodies are probably gonna come back anyway, regardless of popularity.
And he can somewhat fight. Maybe he'll join Sora and co. against Xehanort.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

You're mistaken, Axel never died in CoM and he was already planned to appear in KH II nonetheless.

What was different however is how long Axel lasted in KH II. Nomura orginally planned that Axel would be killed off for good by Roxas during their fight in the basement of the mansion of the virtual Twilight Town.
Axel's popularity not only with the fanbase but also with the entire development staff from Nomura's team however prolonged Axel's appearance right through the majority of KH II.

blueheart

Bronze Member
I don't get how people think it's fanservice -___-
Some of the Somebodies of Orgies Nobodies are probably gonna come back anyway, regardless of popularity.
And he can somewhat fight. Maybe he'll join Sora and co. against Xehanort.

How is it not?
Your last sentence just proved it. Axel is not the kind of guy that's going to risk his neck over something as big as fighting MX.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
How is it not?
How about: some of the Organization members are coming back anyway so whynotLea.

Your last sentence just proved it. Axel is not the kind of guy that's going to risk his neck over something as big as fighting MX.
He might if it's to help his friends. He turned on his own (race? Whatever you characterize Nobodies as -__-) just to help Sora. I'm sure he'd do the same if he where to return and they needed him.

blueheart

Bronze Member
How about: some of the Organization members are coming back anyway so whynotLea.

Nobody said they were coming back. They probably aren't going to.

He might if it's to help his friends. He turned on his own (race? Whatever you characterize Nobodies as -__-) just to help Sora. I'm sure he'd do the same if he where to return and they needed him.

Who said Sora and Axel were friends? Sure he helped Sora, that doesn't mean they're best buddies.
*Maybe Sora might think they are but Axel probably doesn't think the same way.*

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I also fail to see what is so bad about fanservice anyways. It's not just in KH were this is done and Lea's backstory is still quite obscure.
His nobody Axel was already pretty antagonistic towards the original six members of the Org so it is not that farfetched for him to at least join forces with Sora and his allies in some instances.

Especially when he has Axel's memories as well and remembers his friendship with Roxas as well as his own sacrifice for Sora.

Nobody said they were coming back. They probably aren't going to.

Nomura hinted at it in an official interview. The chance that more Organisation members' original selves make an appearance is there and entirely possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back