• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's the difference between Kingdom Hearts X [Chi], Unchained X, & Union X [Cross]?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

LeClefLame

Awards
I have The Story So Far and I'm playing the games in the proper order but it's missing the Kingdom Hearts X game(s).

Are Kingdom Hearts X [Chi]/Unchained X/Union X [Cross] the same game but with each latter one having new updates?

I know Kingdom Hearts X [Chi] isn't available anymore but there is an English subbed playthrough of it here.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Kingdom Hearts X [Chi] is the original timeline of The Age of Fairy Tales.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained X [Chi] is a digitised re-creation of The Age of Fairy Tales.

Kingdom Hearts Union X [Cross] is the deviation of the digitised re-creation of The Age of Fairy Tales.

Union Cross is a semi-sequel, re-branding of Unchained X. Union Cross introduces the new Fortellers that take over the current Fortellers.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Basically χ[chi] is the original game.
Unchained χ is a sequel where all the same stuff happens as you relive memories of the original game.
Union χ[Cross] is "season two" of Uχ and a chronological sequel to the original game.

And χ Back Cover takes place before and during the original game.

Zetsumei

Awards
My understanding is X[chi] is the original events leading up to the keyblade war. Unchained X is a training mission that takes place in a dream world. And Union X is the events after the keyblade war (takes place in a data world)

andreverts

Awards
Here's my reconstruction of the game as is today:

- from quest 1 to 675 + [event] The Keyblade War = story of Kingdom Hearts χ (and movie Back Cover χ)
- from quest 1 to 675 = story of Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ - intended as global release of the game -
- from quest 675 to now = story of Kingdom Hearts Union χ

What makes confusion is the fact (not clearly told) that you go throught the story of Kingdom Hearts χ until quest 675 and this is the spare point: Unchained χ brought in a sort of different "ending" (you can experience the original if you play The Keyblade War event) that's in fact a new beginning that leads to Union χ.

Foxycian

Awards
Kingdom Hearts X [Chi] is the original timeline of The Age of Fairy Tales.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained X [Chi] is a digitised re-creation of The Age of Fairy Tales.

Kingdom Hearts Union X [Cross] is the deviation of the digitised re-creation of The Age of Fairy Tales.

Union Cross is a semi-sequel, re-branding of Unchained X. Union Cross introduces the new Fortellers that take over the current Fortellers.
Soo all those titles are actually sequels? I thought they were the same game but remastered

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Soo all those titles are actually sequels? I thought they were the same game but remastered
Canonically speaking, Unchained χ takes place after χ[chi], inside a data world.
But the events of Unchained χ are just Player's memories of χ[chi], which stop at a certain point and become new events in Union χ[Cross]

At this point χ[chi] has almost been memory hole'd like the original coded was, with Uχ just taking its place entirely.

Back