• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's the consensus on this game overall?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Vanitas yomi

Overall, how is kh 3 viewed? Is it seen as a disappointment even though it's also good. We're there devs issues or something?

kaseykockroach

Awards
It’s seen as a disappointment to those who for some reason expected a great story.

Awards
Despite the vocal disappointment on YouTube, Reddit, and other places, particularly long, rambling forum posts and comments, gamer reception has still been pretty warm according to the polls on Metacritic and Gamefaqs, around the 4/5 range. It's just that people were expecting more content than what we got, especially in the wake of expanded Final Mix editions. Those are pretty much my own impressions on this game as well: I had a great time playing it, but it still feels incomplete somehow.

wwinterj

It's been well received by critics and in general most folk seem to like it too. It's got it's flaws but I see no development issues at all. It's a polished game as far as I can tell.

j_kazmi

The main reason some people have been disappointed is because of the bad story and the lack of post game content.

I am some one who didn’t expect a good story at all an I’m not someone who spends too much time on post game stuff so I enjoyed it quite a lot. I was annoyed by the needless cliff hanger ending we got but I was pretty happy with the rest barring 1 or 2 things.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I think it's been positive? Of course, I expected the KH community would love it even if it had been awful, just going by how KH2 was/is so highly regarded.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
lots of love and disappointment, some legit and some based on bias and nostalgia.

The real truth is that KH1, KH2, and KH3 could come together and be one entire good game. Instead they're games that make strides in completely different areas from one another, which will inevitably make each game feel like less when played in succession. Hurts to say this about my favorite franchise but it's true.

Awards
People love it, people like it but think it could be better, people hate it.

Basicially its divisive.

Pretty much everyone hates it, so don't feel you need to ask permission. ;)
Wow I can't believe you suddenly know how everyone not on a forum feels about a game whats your superpower

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I was quite pleased with the gameplay and story. I kept my expectations in check and was pleased. I freaked out (in a good way) at some of the ending stuff. And since I accidentally deleted all my KH3 data from my PlayStation (didn’t know migrating data from my old PS4 would erase the data on my new one) I’m in the process of replaying it. And I’m totally enjoying it. It’s fun and every time something happens im just as excited as the first time I played it. I’m taking my time this time and it’s worth it.

Does it have its flaws, yes. But as I play through, I feel as though the main flaws other people have are not well found (story wise). I didn’t expect it to go off and change the way it handled certain characters knowing it didn’t handle them correctly in the past. The story did what it was supposed to. It wrapped up the plot points for the series so far. Did it leave a lot of unanswered questions? Yes. But we’re those questions relevant to the current saga? No. Those questions are meant to push the franchise for a little longer.

All of this doesn’t mean there aren’t things I want in the game that aren’t there, but rather, I’m content with what we got especially since DLC or a final mix version isn’t out of the question.

In short, I think that if you keep your expectations in check, you’re in for an enjoyable experience.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
whats your superpower
giphy.gif

Askelon

The game is good, but could have been so much better. After all this years of waiting, the expectations were high, maybe too high.

Gameplay is good (except the attractions which feel just forced), the story is okay (but the trailers spoils waaaaay too much), OST is still top notch.

drew0512

Awards
It's KH2 all over again. Mostly positive reaction with a vocal minority that bashes the game because it's different from KH1 (replace KH1 with KH2 in this case). After a Final Mix or whatever, more people will love it and by the time KH4 is out, everyone will be talking about how perfect KH3 was because nostalgia, you know.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Eh, it seems overall positive to me. At least, what I mean is the negativity really isn't anything new for something that just came out recently and is selling very well. The more widespread something is the more likely people who are gonna hate it play it, and then take to the internet to express it lol. Meanwhile a TON of people probably enjoyed it and then moved on with their lives and didn't put like anything up about it lol. Not that I have really seen THAT much negativity, more like criticism, plenty of which is justified but people criticize things they love so, that's still fine.

lots of love and disappointment, some legit and some based on bias and nostalgia.

The real truth is that KH1, KH2, and KH3 could come together and be one entire good game. Instead they're games that make strides in completely different areas from one another, which will inevitably make each game feel like less when played in succession. Hurts to say this about my favorite franchise but it's true.

Yeah I can mostly agree with this assessment, I dunno if our exact ideas are the same but for me it would be KH1's story, KH2's gameplay, and KH3's exploration and worlds combined would be the ultimate KH game. That being said, I still genuinely think each of them are great games, especially when compared to just all video games. I feel even the "worst" KH game is honestly good in comparison to a ton of other stuff on the market lol. Obviously personal biases change stuff like that though.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
It's KH2 all over again. Mostly positive reaction with a vocal minority that bashes the game because it's different from KH1 (replace KH1 with KH2 in this case). After a Final Mix or whatever, more people will love it and by the time KH4 is out, everyone will be talking about how perfect KH3 was because nostalgia, you know.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Yeah, the amount of people comparing this game to the other Final Mixes already is...weird. I feel like those types of complaints could be remedied by a Final Mix for this game as well. Though, I guess it's bad to just EXPECT that, less expectations be ruined again.[/FONT]

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Well, in the most simplistic summary possible, the consensus seems to be that it's visually breathtaking and fun with questionable story decisions.

NewChallenger

While I found the game to be pretty solid, it has some glaring problems that I can't overlook. 6.8/10

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Jesus, the instinctual defensiveness of some of these posts. Like, we can agree to disagree, because adults, right?

I have problems with certain aspects of KHIII that are mainly plot/pace related. Is it a fun game? Hell yes.

2 quid is good

Awards
An overall consensus? You'd be hard pressed to find one because there's a tiny section that hate it, a larger section that love it wholeheartedly, a much larger section whose disappointment outweighs their enjoyment, and it seems the largest section that acknowledge the flaws but don't let them detract from the overall game.

I'd be part of the third tbh. But I think everyone can agree on one thing: gummi ships are the best yet.

Back