• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's the big problem with KH2 plot wise

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
- The way they handled Disney worlds this time around. It felt as if Sora really had no right, purpose, or reason to even go to the Disney Worlds. In KH1 the Disney Villains were not only villains of their worlds but villains of the game itself, opposing Sora, not Sora and co coming to their world and deciding "hey you wanna fcuk up this guy's day?" "A-hyuak! I sure do!" "[insert donald nonsense here]"

- Ansem Seeker of Darkness was one badass villain and then they gotta go and call him Xehanort. I mean...couldn't they had just let DiZ's name be something completely different. It would have still fit and made perfect sense. Ansem the Appretince becoming Ansem Seeker of Darkness and Xemnas the Nobody. Seriously. Even MX could have just been called Master Ansem to fix the clutter fcuk.

- The Organization this time around. In CoM the 'Organization' were a menacing squad of people who just wanted to cause mayhem and watch the world burn. In KH2 not only are the Organization not organized but they seem like a gang rather than a league of villains who think that they are the sh!t. Xigbar was the man tho. If they kept Xiggy, Axel, Larxene, Marluxia, Zexion, Xemnas and Vexen and left them as the kick as Organization working alongside the Disney villains than this game would have been gold.

- to me the concept of the lesser nobodies were just bland. Why not let the 'Organization' be the exclusive 'nobody' who have managed to take human shape. There is no need for some stupid white jump suit bitches to have me doing this all the time, "Reverse! Reverse!----Reverse! Reverse! Cha-cha now yo!" wtf? The heartless were plenty menacing and came in all shapes and sizes. The Organization could just have dominion over them just like any other villain.

- Sora and Riku's character this time around as well. Sora seemed...slow. I mean in CoM i thought the boy grew a pair but it seems once he woke up in TT they withered away. He is also apparently obsessed with Riku despite the fact that Riku can and has always taken care of himself. As for Riku he didn't change that much, he was just less...in your face. I mean in KH1 he was a mofo, in CoM was a kickassin' sword swingin' nobody killer who thought, "hey, why don't I kill all the evil disney mofos and feel better about myself?" In KH2, he was all "run away, Sora might see me...even though I look completely like Ansem."

-The Final Fantasy characters were as blandly used as the disney characters. Auron had potential, and Seifer actually kind of earned my approval oddly enough, but the way they were just sticker slapped into the game and the creators are like, "yay just like we did in the first game!" No. Not just like you did in the first game. In the first game the FF characters were involved in Sora's growth and the story's advance...but oh well, why not, just go down the sh!tty route.

- Atlantica.

- The keyblades in my opinion were less memorable. but that besides the point. The gameplay was also very...simple and easy that I let my baby cousin hold the controller while nature called and had it on pause...while fighting Xemnas. I come back after a little sidetracking and find that the ending credits are playing. Yes...my baby cousin beat Xemnas without ever playing the game. His respone, "they tell you what to press"

- Kairi.

- Did I say Atlantica already?

-The ending was also anticlimactic. In KH1 when you beat Ansem, you were sh!ttin bricks because you thought somehow Ansem was gonna come back alive and just stomp your ass. When Xemnas died I was like, "Come at me".

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
- The way they handled Disney worlds this time around. It felt as if Sora really had no right, purpose, or reason to even go to the Disney Worlds. In KH1 the Disney Villains were not only villains of their worlds but villains of the game itself, opposing Sora, not Sora and co coming to their world and deciding "hey you wanna fcuk up this guy's day?" "A-hyuak! I sure do!" "[insert donald nonsense here]"

- Ansem Seeker of Darkness was one badass villain and then they gotta go and call him Xehanort. I mean...couldn't they had just let DiZ's name be something completely different. It would have still fit and made perfect sense. Ansem the Appretince becoming Ansem Seeker of Darkness and Xemnas the Nobody. Seriously. Even MX could have just been called Master Ansem to fix the clutter fcuk.

- The Organization this time around. In CoM the 'Organization' were a menacing squad of people who just wanted to cause mayhem and watch the world burn. In KH2 not only are the Organization not organized but they seem like a gang rather than a league of villains who think that they are the sh!t. Xigbar was the man tho. If they kept Xiggy, Axel, Larxene, Marluxia, Zexion, Xemnas and Vexen and left them as the kick as Organization working alongside the Disney villains than this game would have been gold.

- to me the concept of the lesser nobodies were just bland. Why not let the 'Organization' be the exclusive 'nobody' who have managed to take human shape. There is no need for some stupid white jump suit bitches to have me doing this all the time, "Reverse! Reverse!----Reverse! Reverse! Cha-cha now yo!" wtf? The heartless were plenty menacing and came in all shapes and sizes. The Organization could just have dominion over them just like any other villain.

- Sora and Riku's character this time around as well. Sora seemed...slow. I mean in CoM i thought the boy grew a pair but it seems once he woke up in TT they withered away. He is also apparently obsessed with Riku despite the fact that Riku can and has always taken care of himself. As for Riku he didn't change that much, he was just less...in your face. I mean in KH1 he was a mofo, in CoM was a kickassin' sword swingin' nobody killer who thought, "hey, why don't I kill all the evil disney mofos and feel better about myself?" In KH2, he was all "run away, Sora might see me...even though I look completely like Ansem."

-The Final Fantasy characters were as blandly used as the disney characters. Auron had potential, and Seifer actually kind of earned my approval oddly enough, but the way they were just sticker slapped into the game and the creators are like, "yay just like we did in the first game!" No. Not just like you did in the first game. In the first game the FF characters were involved in Sora's growth and the story's advance...but oh well, why not, just go down the sh!tty route.

- Atlantica.

- The keyblades in my opinion were less memorable. but that besides the point. The gameplay was also very...simple and easy that I let my baby cousin hold the controller while nature called and had it on pause...while fighting Xemnas. I come back after a little sidetracking and find that the ending credits are playing. Yes...my baby cousin beat Xemnas without ever playing the game. His respone, "they tell you what to press"

- Kairi.

- Did I say Atlantica already?

-The ending was also anticlimactic. In KH1 when you beat Ansem, you were sh!ttin bricks because you thought somehow Ansem was gonna come back alive and just stomp your ass. When Xemnas died I was like, "Come at me".

lol, best response yet

Awards
If kingdom hearts were an anime then a lot of the stuff in KH2 would have been filler arcs...

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
The story feels disjointed and all over the place, and a lot of the script delivery is just painful to watch. The Organization are also kinda bland as villains and how they ended up fitting in the story was done poorly. The problem isn't necessarily that there's no character development for them (in the sense that they have established character traits that undergo change), they're just not very interesting. I've seen the excuse "oh in CoM you saw them more often, in KH2 they were just more mysterious, and mystery is AWEEEEEEESOMEEEE", and frankly, I don't buy it. There are different ways of making villains mysterious, and the way KH2 does it is simply unsatisfying.

heartlessgrl2

well with the plot of the story ( i personly thought it was good) square enix siad that they didnt have enough time to finish it and thats why it kind of rushes through some levels and only gives you like three places to walk and that is also why they have some crappy dialog because the original dialog didnt make some of the charecters sound so retarded. lastley they cut out some important scenes that explained things better or gave you an item such as the final form of sora where he fights roxas for real or the fight between (I think its tera but i dont exactly remember) tera and sora witch i think helps explain the letter at the end a little better

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I liked the Disney worlds in CoM. It was fun, hunting down the bits that look like Namine planted there and all the symbolism that reflected on Sora and Namine's story. It's like the entire plot's in there, Sora just doesn't get it.
Oogie Boogie: TRUE MEMORIES ARE SCARY!!! ;A;
Sora: ...derp?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It's the 'what came first' issue, imo. Was KH2 bad because they gave too much focus to the Disney worlds, or did they give the Disney worlds so much focus because they had nothing proper to do with them plot wise since the Organization are lacking as antagonists?

I'm starting more and more to believe the latter, as well as Nomura's incompetence as a director. I do NOT need to get most of my plot information from the novels.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
The disney worlds were jokes in KH2. nothing but jokes and a-hyucks. Sora, Donald, and Goofy ahd no need, reason, excuse, being there and they gained no morals, plot, depth, or story progression. I couldn't believe the sh!t I was playing through. its a giant filler, not even. its the story that a group of 10 year olds come up with by just saying random disney characters appearing like this, "hey what if sora, donald, and goofy go to beast's place. YEAH! and then they go to Mulan's! YEAH YEAH YEAH! and then since we saw that movie throw Pirates of the Caribbean in there! YEAH!" it was poorly written scenarios.

I enjoyed reading the novels more than I enjoyed playing through the disney worlds. I mean they show things about Riku, Axel, and Namine that were literally screaming to be apart of the game!! They were the most heart felt scenes KH2 could have had...but they written rather than put into the actual game

Decade

Honestly I was disappointed at how easy the gameplay was.
But also how Sora's attitude and personalitie changed. He didn't care much about finding Riku or Kairi anymore, even though he already found Kairi it was like he just left her off at Destiny Islands like he DUN GIVE A FUCK. Also wtf at when he saw Riku as Ansem the first time, the dude got on his knees and started crying. I remember my face at that moment was like ":eek: wtf am I watching?"
Also yes, I felt as though the disney worlds have been turned into the sideplot and were just used as backdrop to whatever Nomura was cooking in his mind.

Also I hated how this game stirred up so many relationships such as, Roxas and Axel. Why? Just why?
Plus when you seem to have a discussion with anyone this game seems to be the only one they've played, asking them about Kingdom Hearts 1 they're always like "Man I couldn't even get past those Destiny Islands."
Really. Just really.

Beyer

For me it had a lovely concept and a lovely ending and a fair bit of good in the middle (twilight town, radiant garden and the World that never was all worked for me) but there were so many flaws.

Sora didn't express much care about finding his friends, just the occasional 'have you seen them?' I began to forget why I was going from world to world apart from knowing that something bad would happen because it always does.

Also, I didn't really like some of the cinematography. Some of the scenes were just not laid and set out well in my opinion. Some of the dialouge was weak as well I think.

Yes, there are parts where all of the above did good but for the majority...yeah.

Overall, it had it's highlights and I still enjoyed the game but there are a fair few flaws in my opinion.

Keyblade-War

Artist
Awards
Website
www.Codeleakers.com
KH2 didn't seem as epic as KH1. KH1 had a great epic ending that left you satisfied with the game. KH2 seemed to go to fast and was kinda easy even on proud mode it was no challange for me. KH1 just had this special feel to it, it is really unique and just had a spark that KH2 didnt seem to have.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
The Organization didn't even feel like villains...they were just douches

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I had a problem with the rest of the Organization members being killed off by Sora.

I never really got most people who said this :I they were the villains in the game and Sora had every last bloody reason to off them. They were basically asking for it what with their introduction to him being them attacking Hollow Bastion.

The Organization didn't even feel like villains...they were just douches

a problem that then materialized again in Days :v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back