• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's the best way to catch up with Unchained X?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AayriSolassa

Since I'm pretty sure it's an incredibly long slog through the actual mobile game (that's also time restricted), have those in game scenes been uploaded to Youtube? I want to do a whole series playthrough, but Back Cover doesn't do a very good job of explaining things, plus I don't want to be totally lost by the time III rocks up.

AayriSolassa

We have a playlist of all the main story scenes, up-to-date with the Japanese version. If you’re a Global player, do keep in mind that the story is 6 months behind and you won’t be seeing some of these in-game until after KH3 releases.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPCJnwphQDQcJOkD9OsmxxMHX7YHE4WP2

Thank you - with all these, will I be able to understand the stuff referenced in III, since I know plot relevant characters will be appearing? Has the game's story concluded in the JP version?

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
The game hasn't concluded. There is still another Disney world to be explored, which is currently only announced but not revealed, and probably some more main and side stories to be had before this game finishes for good. Personally, I think this game will be over once we reach 1000 quests, we're currently at 845 for the Japanese version.

AayriSolassa

The game hasn't concluded. There is still another Disney world to be explored, which is currently only announced but not revealed, and probably some more main and side stories to be had before this game finished. Personally, I think this game will be over once we reach 1000 quests, we're currently at 845 for the Japanese version.

Are the parts about Lauriam, Elrena, Streilitzia, and Ven in this rebooted version I'm hearing about, or just the JP versions and the cutscenes Sign linked?

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Are the parts about Lauriam, Elrena, Streilitzia, and Ven in this rebooted version I'm hearing about, or just the JP versions and the cutscenes Sign linked?
To clarify: There was a Japanese-only browser version of this game which ended like two years ago. This game was "rebooted" as the mobile game where we currently have a Japanese, Global and Taiwanese version. The Japanese version is like six months ahead of the Global version story-wise but almost the same regarding everything else. Square Enix North America doesn't care to reach story parity with the Japanese version before the launch of KHIII, so every cutscene of KHUX is translated by the wonderful staff of KHInsider since Nomura heavily hinted there will some (maybe important) connections to the plot of KH3.
In the end you will be able to experience everything in the Global version too, just much later.

AayriSolassa

To clarify: There was a Japanese-only browser version of this game which ended like two years ago. This game was "rebooted" as the mobile game where we currently have a Japanese, Global and Taiwanese version. The Japanese version is like six months ahead of the Global version story-wise but almost the same regarding everything else. Square Enix North America doesn't care to reach story parity with the Japanese version before the launch of KHIII, so every cutscene of KHUX is translated by the wonderful staff of KHInsider since Nomura heavily hinted there will some (maybe important) connections to the plot of KH3.
In the end you will be able to experience everything in the Global version too, just much later.

Ahh, that makes sense. So the best way to keep up is the cutscene archive and the stickied story thread, so when KH3 comes around, it should be making sense?

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Exactly. Still, the story of KHUX is fragmented in the worst possible way and there are open questions and loose ends everywhere. If you have questions the community here is always very helpful answering them.

AayriSolassa

Exactly. Still, the story of KHUX is fragmented in the worst possible way and there are open questions and loose ends everywhere. If you have questions the community here is always very helpful answering them.

Thank you - will do. I'm especially curious to what the hell is going on with Ven, has it been revealed yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back