• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Whats New In 1.5 and 2.5 for PS4?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

StokedGamer

I was curious? If the textures already look fantastic in 1.5 and 2.5, what is new to this? Or is it just a report? If it's a report, I'll still buy it, but I just want to know if they are adding anything besides higher textures. I doubt they'd touch models or anything else.

Also wouldn't it be nice if they made all the kingdom hearts series in their new design they are doing with KH3?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
No details have been released other than 60fps.

It's a given that the resolution will now hit 1080p. I think 1.5 was sub-HD on PS3 so now it'll be actual HD.

They might also give Pro support with 4K resolution as well.

As for content, they haven't announced anything new but I'd expect nothing to be changed or added. At this point the purpose of the games is to have it readily available on a single platform as they increase marketing for Kingdom Hearts III.

Also wouldn't it be nice if they made all the kingdom hearts series in their new design they are doing with KH3?
It would, but with the amount of time it's taken to produce a full game and a few hours of content in KH3 and KH2.8 respectively, remaking all 6 games in the 1.5/2.5 collections in Unreal Engine 4 would be incredibly time consuming :C

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
They might also give Pro support with 4K resolution as well.

I'm pretty sure that Sony said that it's mandatory for all games coming after the PS4 Pro's release to be compatible with the system. So there should be a Pro version by default.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm pretty sure that Sony said that it's mandatory for all games coming after the PS4 Pro's release to be compatible with the system. So there should be a Pro version by default.
It is, but Sony didn't list a bare minimum for companies so to some of them "mandatory Pro patch" might just be adding in some more effects like with RoTR at 1080p.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
I'm going to bet they're going to get rid of all the bugs that 2.5 had. Like the style changes and the drive form transformations taking forever, also the whole reaction button not working; serisouly! I was level 99 with Fenrir on my side, and Xemnas STILL almost beat me!

Sonicfan2525

Awards
I expect them to fix the bugs in 2.5, but who knows what they will do outside of that. Both HD collections look fantastic for the most part, but there are some muddy textures in some parts of 2.5 in particular that could be cleaned up a little. The wonky blur effect in Re:COM could be fixed too.

Tetsujin

I'm going to bet they're going to get rid of all the bugs that 2.5 had. Like the style changes and the drive form transformations taking forever

I think that was because of the slow Blu-ray disc drive. With PS4 games requiring a mandatory HDD install, I'm pretty sure this issue will now be fixed.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

That was never said officially though so the requirement could have been dropped.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Like fellow members have expressed, we can certainly expect 1080p HD graphics and 60fps gameplay with optimized games (corrected bugs from the original ReMixes). Other than that, I'm not personally expecting more secret endings. This particular ReMixes will be released after II.8 and during the series' anniversary month, meaning that any more information leading to KH3 will be touched in II.8 and the anniversary event.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Well, the PS4 automatically data installs all games. So there's that (which is a good thing, because that fixes a lot of II.5's problems right there).

Also, there was a new line from Kairi in the KHI part of the trailer... Tbh, I highly doubt this means anything (if anything, Square put it in there knowing we'd notice it and talk about it, and maybe then think they'll be new scenes--so that we'll buy the game--when there won't be), but on the slim chance that does end up going somewhere, I thought I'd mention it. I 100% doubt that it will, though.

(And in case you're wondering what line I'm talking about, it's the: "Don't forget, I have you in my thoughts," thing from the trailer--which actually isn't her, "Don't ever forget: wherever you go, I'm always with you," like a lot of people might be thinking it is. Neither is it the "Your feelings have reached me, Sora," that Kairi said at the end of the Japanese version of the game, that we never got in the English release of it somehow.)

dbG33K

I think that was because of the slow Blu-ray disc drive. With PS4 games requiring a mandatory HDD install, I'm pretty sure this issue will now be fixed.

Plus, the PS4 Pro will have SATA III interface. This means theoretical 6Gbps instead of the 3Gbps that the antiquated SATA II interface supports. So upgrading to an SSD will finally have full speedy benefits. Meaning those issues (Drives activating as well as BBS’s D-Links) ought to be things of the past :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back