• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's Maleficent's & Pete's plans (if any) going forward?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Has...anyone ever realized that...the Disney villains did...little to nothing in the first game? KH1 brought the iconic Disney villains together, but...that's really it. After rewatching KH1's story, it kinda just seems like the only ones ACTUALLY contributing to Maleficent's plans are literally just her & Riku. Pete seems like the only one that actually follows through with Maleficent's plans, while the other villains...don't really seem like they give a damn. The only reason they seem to be playing Maleficent's game is so they can further their own goal with the Heartless by their side.

I'd argue that maybe Jafar & Hook had a bit of care to Maleficent's plans, but even then, they cared more about their own agenda. The Disney villains didn't really...do much in KH1 except serve as boss fodder.

And with how Disney villains have been treated throughout the series, ESPECIALLY Maleficent & Pete, I...kinda have doubts that another council'll remedy that. And I also, unfortunately, have doubts that Maleficent & Pete'll stay relevant either.

If anything, the one scenario that keeps popping into my mind, is that they try to get the box & immediately gets bodied by Luxu & the Foretellers.
Ursula, Jafar, and Captain Hook all worked to capture the Princesses of Heart so the Final Keyhole could be completed. Hook got the wrong girl, but he was trying either way. Hades on the other hand was using the tournament on his world to kill Sora and thus get rid of one of the biggest threats to their plans. Oogie Boogie….he was kinda useless, that much I’ll grant you, but since he was trying to get some Heartless under his control he was at least making an effort to become more useful, even if only for his own selfish goals.

disney233

Awards
Ursula, Jafar, and Captain Hook all worked to capture the Princesses of Heart so the Final Keyhole could be completed. Hook got the wrong girl, but he was trying either way. Hades on the other hand was using the tournament on his world to kill Sora and thus get rid of one of the biggest threats to their plans. Oogie Boogie….he was kinda useless, that much I’ll grant you, but since he was trying to get some Heartless under his control he was at least making an effort to become more useful, even if only for his own selfish goals.
But the thing is none of them caught any of the Princesses or cared about what Maleficent has in store for the worlds. Like I said, I'll at least give Hook & Jafar points for trying, but I'm not sure at all about Ursula. She & Oogie seem to have more care about using the Heartless to further their goals than Maleficent's. Hades, meanwhile didn't even want Maleficent's intervention to kill both Herc & Sora.

I guess saying that they did 'nothing' wasn't the best thing to say. Rather it felt like the whole...Disney villain council just seemed pointless. They didn't really feel like a council.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
They always should've had Scar instead of Oogie.

But the thing is none of them caught any of the Princesses or cared about what Maleficent has in store for the worlds. Like I said, I'll at least give Hook & Jafar points for trying, but I'm not sure at all about Ursula. She & Oogie seem to have more care about using the Heartless to further their goals than Maleficent's. Hades, meanwhile didn't even want Maleficent's intervention to kill both Herc & Sora.

I guess saying that they did 'nothing' wasn't the best thing to say. Rather it felt like the whole...Disney villain council just seemed pointless. They didn't really feel like a council.

Ariel might've have been scouted as a potential PoH. Lord knows she should have been one instead of Alice.

& the org wasn't much better in vanilla KH2, where they barely had any scenes of them interacting with one another. Plus most of them didn't have much of a character beyond a name/weapon/number/element. Hell, some of their names weren't even said on screen in KH2! The Disney guys at least had class.

disney233

Awards
& the org wasn't much better in vanilla KH2, where they barely had any scenes of them interacting with one another. Plus most of them didn't have much of a character beyond a name/weapon/number/element. Hell, some of their names weren't even said on screen in KH2! The Disney guys at least had class.
I ain't even disputing the KH2 Org, because I KNOW that they did even FUCKING LESS than the Disney villains. If anything, both councils BARELY did anything is my thing. Which is a shame, because yeah, I kinda much prefer the Disney villains more than the org. The chemistry was there, I kinda wish they had more to it.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The Disney villains didn't really...do much in KH1 except serve as boss fodder.
Not any different than the Organization in KH2. That still made them main story status.
But the thing is none of them caught any of the Princesses or cared about what Maleficent has in store for the worlds. Like I said, I'll at least give Hook & Jafar points for trying, but I'm not sure at all about Ursula.

Well, Ursula and Jafar both seemed ready to destroy their worlds once they found the Keyholes, much the same as Maleficent did her own. At least that's what I took Ursula's whole speech to Ariel once she got the trident to mean ("Time for a little journey to the dark world of the Heartless"), since she thought she'd got the Keyhole as well as the trident. Oogie is clearly the lowest on the totem pole because he couldn't even control the Heartless the way the others do.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Maleficent's character is that she's a jobber who mistakenly believes herself to be the main villain of the series despite not actually understanding any of the tropes or plot points in play. Every time she's outclassed, she drags herself up again through sheer determination and ego. I love her. Nomura loves her. And she's a loser. That's why she's endearing.

As of the ending of KH3, the people who were around when the universe itself was written have come into play. Perhaps this is enough to finally dissuade even Maleficent?
Perhaps what really needs to happen is for some other Disney to usurp her as the lead baddie? As long as she has that spot all other Disney villains are even lower on the bad guy totem pole. What we need is someone could rival Xehanort in the master plan department.

Someone who can play the long game while still throwing challenges at the heroes in the here and now. Someone who's plans are so meticulous they still win even when they lose. Someone with an X in their name. Someone played by a Star Trek actor.

tumblr_inline_nzmvcu6LsE1r8mwrd_640.jpg

Oh hey, would you look at that!

Awards
Perhaps what really needs to happen is for some other Disney to usurp her as the lead baddie? As long as she has that spot all other Disney villains are even lower on the bad guy totem pole. What we need is someone could rival Xehanort in the master plan department.

Someone who can play the long game while still throwing challenges at the heroes in the here and now. Someone who's plans are so meticulous they still win even when they lose. Someone with an X in their name. Someone played by a Star Trek actor.

tumblr_inline_nzmvcu6LsE1r8mwrd_640.jpg

Oh hey, would you look at that!
Oh, Xanatos could certainly rival Xehanort, but he doesn’t really fit the spot for a recurring Disney villain. I don’t imagine he’d embrace Darkness and send out the Heartless to try to conquer and devour other worlds, for instance. He’s far too pragmatic and sane for the sort of things that’d put him on Sora’s bad side or make him a danger to the Realm of Light

Chie

Awards
I think Maleficent being a Disney character is part of why she has that dynamic (she's pulling herself out of a pre-existing Story and into the anime bullshit) so I don't think any other Disney character could do much better - we're dealing in metafictional weight classes here. But that's my read on KH's sekaikan.

Back