• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's Maleficent's & Pete's plans (if any) going forward?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Yo, is this a thing now? Just pick 2 characters to make a thread about? Okay then.

Maleficent, much like some other characters I could name, has been the subject of seemingly endless teasing & foreshadowing. She was brought back from the dead in KH2 only to not really do much of note beyond resurrecting Oogie Boogie. Then she gets to do some stuff in Coded because that's the only other game in the series besides KH1 where Disney characters actually drove the plot. & they tacked on that bonus scene in the 2.5 Theater version about her wanting the BoP. So it seemed like for a while there was a game plan to keep Team Rocket active. But in KH3 the dastardly dimwitted duo somehow managed to accomplish even less than in KH2, spending the whole game hunting for a box that Xigbar had the entire time. Nonetheless there's still that ending shot of the 2 watching over the Foretellers before calmly walking off, as if they're not worry about this development.

So, what's the prediction for these 2? Do they actually have something up their sleeve this time or are they doomed to perpetual wild goose chases?

AR829038

Awards
So, the importance of Maleficent and Pete (though more specifically Maleficent) going forward looks to be twofold:
1) Maleficent is clearly going to keep going after whatever's in the box. She seems to understand that what's inside is something powerful, or something that can help her claim dominion over the universe. Or, at least that's what she assumes.
2) The events of Union X clearly show that Maleficent is going to be the central component in somehow resurrecting the ancient Keyblade wielders from Daybreak Town. The Darkness that spoke to her explicitly said that she had been brought back in time to visit that place and see its inhabitants so that she can act as a waypoint in the future for their eventual resurrection.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Getting the Black Box away from Luxu and the Foretellers would be a good development for her and I'm hoping what happens at some point. After that it'd be cool if she set up a new base of operations and formed a new council of Disney villains.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So, the importance of Maleficent and Pete (though more specifically Maleficent) going forward looks to be twofold:
1) Maleficent is clearly going to keep going after whatever's in the box. She seems to understand that what's inside is something powerful, or something that can help her claim dominion over the universe. Or, at least that's what she assumes.
2) The events of Union X clearly show that Maleficent is going to be the central component in somehow resurrecting the ancient Keyblade wielders from Daybreak Town. The Darkness that spoke to her explicitly said that she had been brought back in time to visit that place and see its inhabitants so that she can act as a waypoint in the future for their eventual resurrection.
1. I'm guessing she must think the book is inside that box because otherwise it's weird that she abandoned the search for said book (which just further fuels the perception of her grasping at straws).
2. Wild thought but perhaps they're associating her with "Sleep". She did afterall put a whole kingdom to sleep in her original film & incorporated that into her battle with Ventus. So it could turn out that she has considerable power over the Realm of Sleep & thus the Dream Eaters, which are former wielders. It sort of adds up.

Getting the Black Box away from Luxu and the Foretellers would be a good development for her and I'm hoping what happens at some point. After that it'd be cool if she set up a new base of operations and formed a new council of Disney villains.
I lean towards giving her more "world neutral" henchmen like Pete, guys who for 1 reason or another aren't likely to ever appear as an end-of-world bossfight & instead act as agents carrying out Maleficent's plans in any world she needs them in. This would essentially double the number of total Disney villains as they would be 2 categories: world specific baddies & her crew. Some examples that come to mind:
-Headless Horseman
-The Big Bad Wolf
-Judge Doom (I really wouldn't place high bets on a Roger Rabbit world ever happening)
-Magica De Spell
-Gaston (who would've been an end-of-world boss but that boat has sailed)
-Return of the Beagle Boys
-Phantom Blot

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I do like the idea of Maleficent gathering Disney Villains again or working with them at least.

Little off topic but I'd like to see odd Disney Villain team-ups in some Disney Worlds. Maybe Maleficent sends (a revived) Scar to help Dr. Facilier in a Princess and the Frog world lol

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I want Maleficent and Pete to make a new Disney villain council.
  • Maleficent
  • Pete
  • Jafar
  • Ursula
  • Dr. Facilier
  • King Candy
  • Ernesto de la Cruz
Now that Disney is lenient again on how their characters are presented in video games, I think it's a possibility.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I want Maleficent and Pete to make a new Disney villain council.
  • Maleficent
  • Pete
  • Jafar
  • Ursula
  • Dr. Facilier
  • King Candy
  • Ernesto de la Cruz
Now that Disney is lenient again on how their characters are presented in video games, I think it's a possibility.
Jafar & Ursula are dead while Hook & Hades are still alive. King Candy is also probably dead.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Jafar & Ursula are dead while Hook & Hades are still alive. King Candy is also probably dead.
Well you can get around that by claiming they're data versions. Though Maleficent would need the Coded Data or Book of prophecies to do that.

Chie

Awards
My read on the KH3 ending was they walked away finally realizing just how out of their depth they really are.

I've written on Maleficent's character before and I don't think there really was any foreshadowing about her. I guess she'll probably keep showing up because Nomura likes her, but I also think that KH3 is a pretty fitting end to her character arc.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Well, we know their goals have been:

1 - Get revenge on SDG.
2 - Find a new castle / headquarters.
3 - Find the box / datascape.

The first two haven't been mentioned in ages, so I imagine number 3 will also be dropped and never mentioned again going forward.

What I would *like*, based on what little we can glean about what's coming next, is something like this: Sora and Riku are off in Quadratum dealing with Yozora and whatever's going on in the next installment. They finally return to their own universe and we find out in a post-credits scene that Maleficent has re-gained her position while they've been gone somehow (either she has the box, she has a new council and digs, she has some other power source upgrade fill-in-the-blank, all of the above, etc.). Love the idea of Maleficent resurrecting Data Repliku as a henchman. Anyway, maybe six months or a year could've passed while Sora and Riku (maybe Mickey and D&G, too?) were in Quadratum--a case of time moving different there than in their own universe. Either way, the next game after Quadratum would be dealing with Maleficent as an actual threat again--even if she's not the *only* threat.

Awards
Well, now that Xehanort and all his various selves are gone for good, Maleficent is probably able to fully stake her claim over the Heartless. At the very least I don’t see the Foretellers trying to control them.

Considering that Darkness assisted her in getting back to her own time in UX, I think she’s probably going to be part of it’s plans for the future, likely as a hitch they’ve placed in the MoM’s plan-could be that the Black Box contains the seven strongest Darknesses and it’s only supposed to be opened when it’s time for them to take control of the Foretellers to be destroyed, only Maleficent actually succeeds in getting it and freeing them before the plan is fully ready.

Honestly I just really hope she does some cool, plot important stuff in the future games. The Mistress of All Evil needs to be shown some more respect!

SweetYetSalty

Awards
They will look for a new object that will be important in Kingdom Hearts 5, spend the entire game looking for it only to have it snatched away by Vor and the other newly revived Keyblade students to properly setup KH5. I feel like I made this joke before...

In all seriousness who knows? I like the idea of her creating a new Disney Council mixing a few old members along with some new ones. We need more Disney characters involved with the actual plot of the series again.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
My read on the KH3 ending was they walked away finally realizing just how out of their depth they really are.

I've written on Maleficent's character before and I don't think there really was any foreshadowing about her. I guess she'll probably keep showing up because Nomura likes her, but I also think that KH3 is a pretty fitting end to her character arc.

If KHIII is a fitting end to Maleficent's character arc - after hyping up the box across three or four titles - woof. And people say Kairi gets it bad.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
If KHIII is a fitting end to Maleficent's character arc - after hyping up the box across three or four titles - woof. And people say Kairi gets it bad.
Maleficent is pretty much Dark Kairi.

• Haha
Reactions: Raz

Chie

Awards
Maleficent's character is that she's a jobber who mistakenly believes herself to be the main villain of the series despite not actually understanding any of the tropes or plot points in play. Every time she's outclassed, she drags herself up again through sheer determination and ego. I love her. Nomura loves her. And she's a loser. That's why she's endearing.

As of the ending of KH3, the people who were around when the universe itself was written have come into play. Perhaps this is enough to finally dissuade even Maleficent?

disney233

Awards
Has...anyone ever realized that...the Disney villains did...little to nothing in the first game? KH1 brought the iconic Disney villains together, but...that's really it. After rewatching KH1's story, it kinda just seems like the only ones ACTUALLY contributing to Maleficent's plans are literally just her & Riku. Pete seems like the only one that actually follows through with Maleficent's plans, while the other villains...don't really seem like they give a damn. The only reason they seem to be playing Maleficent's game is so they can further their own goal with the Heartless by their side.

Thinking about it now, it's still up to debate on who even kidnapped Belle, with how Maleficent worded it.
1223.PNG

I'd argue that maybe Jafar & Hook had a bit of care to Maleficent's plans, but even then, they cared more about their own agenda. The Disney villains didn't really...do much in KH1 except serve as boss fodder.

And with how Disney villains have been treated throughout the series, ESPECIALLY Maleficent & Pete, I...kinda have doubts that another council'll remedy that. And I also, unfortunately, have doubts that Maleficent & Pete'll stay relevant either.

If anything, the one scenario that keeps popping into my mind, is that they try to get the box & immediately gets bodied by Luxu & the Foretellers.

Back