• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► What's good on Netflix?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Well, I don't know what you like and what you've seen, soooo:

Supernatural: Kind of a horror/mystery with some action. A little comedy here and there as well. Also, the classic rock soundtrack does wonders for the show.

Dexter: It's like a murder/crime show, only from the serial killer's point of view, filled with plot twists and turns the whole way.

Arrested Development: This show is just freaking hilarious. The humor isn't for everyone, but it's a good comedy you may want to give a try.

Breaking Bad: This is honestly just some of the best writing you'll ever see on television. It's a great suspenseful drama that you'll just blast through, it will take up all of your free time for a while if you like it.

Freaks and Geeks: A short lived show about teens in highschool. It's probably the most well-written show about high-schoolers I've seen if you're into that, it feels very genuine and stars some of the great comedy actors of today like James Franco and Seth Rogan (stars of The Pineapple Express and This is the End). This is one of only a few chances to see them in some serious roles (with their humor thrown in here and there of course).

Lost: Another one that will keep you on the edge of your seat. With tons of characters, stories, and mysteries, this is one of the few shows that I will NEVER forget. They do not want to let you figure out exactly what is going on until the very end.

Psych: A crime show with a humorous spin on it, James Roday and Dule Hill really had a great chemistry on this show. With the finale recently aired, I must say I enjoyed every single episode, which is rare for me. It also gives you everything you could possibly want in a finale.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: This show has no boundaries. If you like crude humor, then this show is for you because they do some really messed up yet absolutely hilarious stuff in this show.

Greek: This show really surprised me. I expected it to be a cheap drama about college students and not much else. Instead I laughed, I got sad, and I left the show with a bunch of characters I actually cared about.

There, I tried to get a good variety of shows in there. I've watched all of these all the way through except Supernatural (currently watching it), and they are all pretty good quality shows.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Oldboy, Breaking Bad, Ong Bak, Ipman 1 & 2, Futurama, Mystery Science Theater 3000 (or MST3K), and The Union.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Since you didn't say what kind of shows/movies you like, I'm just gonna list some of my favorites:

Prison Break, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Nikita, Orange is the New Black, House of Cards, Family Guy, Bates Motel, Continuum, Parks and Rec, and Malcolm in the Middle. I haven't watched a lot of movies on Netflix because I really only use it for shows. I would've put 24 on this list if they haven't taken it off recently, but a bunch of these shows have made my subscription worthwhile.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Since you didn't say what kind of shows/movies you like, I'm just gonna list some of my favorites:

Prison Break, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Nikita, Orange is the New Black, House of Cards, Family Guy, Bates Motel, Continuum, Parks and Rec, and Malcolm in the Middle. I haven't watched a lot of movies on Netflix because I really only use it for shows. I would've put 24 on this list if they haven't taken it off recently, but a bunch of these shows have made my subscription worthwhile.
Whaaat? This is on American Netflix?

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I don't know the name of it, but I know there exists an app (on Chrome?) that lets you use Netflix stuff from other regions.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Whaaat? This is on American Netflix?

Yes it is, I was pretty surprised when I first saw it myself since we only ever saw a DVD release of season 1 in America

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
The last time I checked it was.

Yes it is, I was pretty surprised when I first saw it myself since we only ever saw a DVD release of season 1 in America
I need to switch over from crappy Canadian Netflix and get some awesome American Netflix.

I am such a sucker for Malcolm in the Middle and if they had released the entire thing on DVD I would have bought it so quickly.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I need to switch over from crappy Canadian Netflix and get some awesome American Netflix.

You can use this site to make Netflix think you are in America. I love this thing, I was able to watch From Dusk Till Dawn and Avatar with it.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
You can use this site to make Netflix think you are in America. I love this thing, I was able to watch From Dusk Till Dawn and Avatar with it.
You are an awesome person. Thank you so much. ;~;

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Well, I don't know what you like and what you've seen, soooo:

Supernatural: Kind of a horror/mystery with some action. A little comedy here and there as well. Also, the classic rock soundtrack does wonders for the show.

Dexter: It's like a murder/crime show, only from the serial killer's point of view, filled with plot twists and turns the whole way.

Arrested Development: This show is just freaking hilarious. The humor isn't for everyone, but it's a good comedy you may want to give a try.

Breaking Bad: This is honestly just some of the best writing you'll ever see on television. It's a great suspenseful drama that you'll just blast through, it will take up all of your free time for a while if you like it.

Freaks and Geeks: A short lived show about teens in highschool. It's probably the most well-written show about high-schoolers I've seen if you're into that, it feels very genuine and stars some of the great comedy actors of today like James Franco and Seth Rogan (stars of The Pineapple Express and This is the End). This is one of only a few chances to see them in some serious roles (with their humor thrown in here and there of course).

Lost: Another one that will keep you on the edge of your seat. With tons of characters, stories, and mysteries, this is one of the few shows that I will NEVER forget. They do not want to let you figure out exactly what is going on until the very end.

Psych: A crime show with a humorous spin on it, James Roday and Dule Hill really had a great chemistry on this show. With the finale recently aired, I must say I enjoyed every single episode, which is rare for me. It also gives you everything you could possibly want in a finale.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: This show has no boundaries. If you like crude humor, then this show is for you because they do some really messed up yet absolutely hilarious stuff in this show.

Greek: This show really surprised me. I expected it to be a cheap drama about college students and not much else. Instead I laughed, I got sad, and I left the show with a bunch of characters I actually cared about.

There, I tried to get a good variety of shows in there. I've watched all of these all the way through except Supernatural (currently watching it), and they are all pretty good quality shows.

All of these plus Futurama-the Simpsons creators at their best since the early years of that show

House of Cards-good political drama, not entirely unlike Game of Thronse. The original BBC miniseries is good too

Mystery Science Theatre 3000-a dude and two robots abducted by a mad scientist in a spaceship who forces them to watch old B-movies. Their commentary is hilarious.

Doctor Who-fun, often bizarre Science Fiction. The leads are consistently strong with a fun schtick that never tires.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars-while not my favorite of these recommendations, this recently ended series redeemed the franchise from the bad prequel movies, and the movie of the same name. The characters are well-written and easy to care about, and the stories are varied and interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back