• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's gonna happen to Mickey?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aria

braver by the minute
Yeah he never can really be replaced. As long as he sounds like the old mickey I'll be okay with them.

Veddix

Whoever they have to replace Mickey I'm sure he'll be alright since you have to be the same for a timeless character like everyone in Disney. Looney Tunes is a prime example their second movie had a young guy play Daffy and Bugs.

~azure.requiem

「fukanou.wa.NANIMO. desu」
Awards
Website
azure-requiem.tumblr.com
Ok, I don't know if this has been asked yet, but does anyone know what Disney and Kingdom Hearts are going to do without Wayne Allwine (Mickey's old voice actor). Have they found a replacement yet? Just wondering.

~ i think they already did. he was sounding a little different when i heard him in reverse rebirth.

tacochance

Replacement, duh, half the voice actors that voice disney chars in KH aren't the original, and there are a million voice imatators on youtube. Theese people are cheap labor!!!!! Use them.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
he will never be truly replaced. He was the only true mickey VA. But honestly yeah, they will get a replacement eventually.

This.

Wayne Allwine is more than just any Mickey Mouse voice actor, or at least, he is to me.

To me, Wayne IS Mickey Mouse. Not even Walt Disney himself compared to Wayne. Wayne was Mickey longer than anybody else. He voiced him for, what, 32 years. And most of those performances of Mickey in these years are what I remember of Mickey Mouse. Especially Mickey Mouse in Kingdom Hearts. This game series has the coolest version of Mickey IMO. They made a classic cartoon icon into an epic video game character. Or at least, that's how I feel about it. And yet, they never failed to keep Mickey in his typical character. And with Wayne voicing him, Mickey was awesome.

Well... that's all I can say right now on the subject, save for one last thing:

Rest In Peace Wayne Allwine

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
~ i think they already did. he was sounding a little different when i heard him in reverse rebirth.

I think that was just Wayne sounding odd...He wasn't dead then...he died after he finished 358/2 Days...

And Disney probably has a million people already lined up to voice Mickey. Disney is just corporate like that to probably have it all ready.

"Wayne died? Okay! Bring in Jack!"

At least that is how Disney feels like they run their company sometimes. Whoever they hire better sound good though. Disney is pretty good at trying to keep their characters sounding the same after switching voices.

Walt was great until his years of smoking caught up with him and I don't remember the deep sounding Mickey's name that much. But Wayne was perfect. I pray he is resting in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back