• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's a cool thing you've learned recently?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
images

I'll just copy and paste-
"Ok so in 1976 Arnold was in Birmingham filming the movie "Stay Hungry". While he was here, he was working out for his movie and was given a UAB shirt, which at the time had no athletic program. Then when Arnold went back to LA/Hollywood, he frequently worked out at UCLA's gym. There Coach Bartow who was the men's basketball coach saw the shirt and was interested about this so called "UAB", then in 1977 Coach Bartow leaves UCLA where he had a cush job and starts an athletic program at UAB. So Arnold is the reason we have UAB sports."

uab10.jpg

Gene Bartow is an enormous piece of my university's history. Multiple buildings are named after or reference him. Though my college was 'established' in 1936, it didn't become an independent university until 1969, so think that when Arnold told him this was a fairly new school and just about it general, he must of have impressed him enough to make him want to leave his cushioned position at UCLA.

It's just a cool thing to know.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
My teachers dad was friends with JFK. No joke.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
I'm directly related to Alfred Lord Tennyson as well as King Edward III (Though, what person of English descent isn't? Dude had a lot of kids.)

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
I've learned that the study skill acquired in high school are complete garbage when studying for college stuff.

Pianoajd2

Although I didn't learn it recently, my mother's coworker's sister is the personal chef for the Obamas...or at least she was...

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Im German and I am related to the Kennedy family

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
My ancestor was, apparently, a general during the American Revolution and fought alongside George Washington.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
My great grandfather built this huge model train that's on display in the Smithsonian.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
whoa, everyone learning 'cool' things about their ancestry and the like recently is sort of a huge coincidence

Cool thing I've learned recently: All of Monkey Form I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back