• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► What'd make good segments for Fantasia 3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard that the proposed third Fantasia would have a world tour motif. In this case, I'd think it'd be a good idea to have the shorts based on many cultures. You could bring back the shorts that were planned for Fantasia 3, just make new shorts, or both. Here are my ideas.

• A short based on japanese paintings, with many mythological creatures and plants. This should be a traditionally animated short because it can get the look of an old japanese painting much better. Sadly, I don't know any famous japanese music pieces, but I do know what old japanese music sound like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-dzfI3L5ic
  • A Spanish themed short with the theme being Carmen: Les Toreadors by Georges Bizet.
  • A German themed short with Ride of the Valkyries as the theme. I don't want to expect a Nazi reference, but it's Disney, I'm sure they can work around that.
  • An American themed short featuring Goofy, with a medley of many American themes, like Stars and Stripes forever, America the Beautiful, and more.
  • A Hungarian themed short with the music being Hungarian Dance No.5 by Johannes Brahms.
Other songs with no specific county in mind, but would make great shorts would be The 1812 overture, Blue Danube, Orpheus in the Underworld: Infernal Galop, Gayane: Sabre Dance (Would make a great energized short), Symphony No. 9: Ode to Joy (which would make a great ending short), In the Hall of the Mountain King, Bolero de Ravel, and Colonel Bogey March.
Also, Disney, if you really want famous people to introduce the shorts, you should stick with the more dignified celebrities, like Morgan Freeman or Julie Andrews, composers like John Williams and Alan Silvestri, historians like Leonard Maltin, or animators like Hayao Miyazaki. (How awesome would it be if Miyazaki introduced the Japanese segment?)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm kind of disappointed that we never got a third Fantasia film. The first one is my absolute favorite Disney animated film. The second one, while not as good, isn`t half bad either.

In Fantasia and its sequel, the final segment features a giant monster of some sort doing something involving destruction(Chernabog and the Firebird). An idea I have for a segment would be a hero of some sort doing battle against a massive dragon. An idea for a song would be

Pictures at an Exhibition by Maurice Ravel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsvpFU7KY7E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back