• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would you say is the most, ahem, 'horrifying' aspect of the series?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eventua

I merely ask this because, apparently, some people find it scary: Kingdom Hearts - Television Tropes & Idioms

I personally, have always found the Heartless, while cute, to be just a bit creepy: the scene near the start of KH1, where they chase down some random civilian and steal his heart: it was practically like out of some kind-a zombie movie, only instead of blood and ripped up entrails, we get a glowing love heart... -facepalm-

Overall, I've never really been scared by the series, but perhaps others feel differently? o_O

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I haven't been scared by the series at all, but, I suppose there are some elements that, if you were to think on them, are kind of creepy.

Creepy, not scary though.

Lavender13

i think end of the world was just a little scary, it was huge and the music was really getting to me. but i was young at the time, i find it intriguing now.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
There's not really a lot about Kingdom Hearts I find scary, though there are quite a few things I find a bit disturbing.

It's mostly just stuff like the Uncanny Valley-type movements that the Nobodies make, or the staring corpse expression they've used a couple of times (Riku Replica in CoM, Ven in the Bbs secret movie from KH2FM+).

Oh, and Xehanort and his Heartless's possession of Terra and Riku. Not just because being a prisoner in one's own body is horrifying, but also because of the abusive, sexually-tinged behavior of those two villains.

Last edited:

Maxyli138

I never thought of anything in Kingdom Hearts as scary, but i guess the thought of heartless taking over worlds and peoples hearts is kinda disturbing

blackberi

Oh, and Xehanort and his Heartless's possession of Terra and Riku. Not just because being a prisoner in one's own body is horrifying, but also because of the abusive, sexually-tinged behavior of those two villains.

This. The pedophilia aspects creep me out a little bit, I s'pose. I find nothing scary about the games though, that's crazy.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
There's not really a lot about Kingdom Hearts I find scary, though there are quite a few things I find a bit disturbing.

I agree. The only time I ever felt scared while playing KH was during Re:CoM, when Axel set Repliku on Zexion and said in this really creepy voice, "You just found out way too much!" I think it was a combination of the way he said it and the demonic grin on his face that made me want to drop my controller and hide under the bed. Playing KH2 and Days, I think people (myself included) tend to forget that Axel is NOT the kind of person that you'd want angry with you.

But that's the only time. Usually, I'm not scared, just disturbed. Especially when I learned the full extent of Master Xehanort's plans for Terra. MX, you are a complete and utter creep who does not deserve to exist, even in the realm of fiction! UGGGGGGH.

Nothing really scares me about Kingdom Hearts...except maybe the fanbase.

LOL, this too.

Gram

Banned
Awards
nomura ditching aquas backless design, that was truly horrifying.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I agree the time in RE:COM with Axel having the weird look on his face telling the Replica to destroy Zexion was kind of creepy.

But other then that in KH1 I thought it was scary seeing that one guy in the second or third district heart taken by a heartless, the look on his face was just... creepy. If I was Sora I think I would be running away from the heartless.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Nothing about KH was ever scary to me, but the first time I saw the Dusks in KH2 was creepy. D: Just the way they moved... without having any eyes or anything... Oh, and the pedophilia. XD

Eventua

XD
Well, its good to see this discussion was ultimately kind of pointless, because no one here is genuinely scared of a game ultimately aimed at tweens! o_O
Gues we've got to many guts for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back