• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would you put in a Final Fantasy game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Eh, I like all your ideas but number 4. I HATE the topic because of how everyone swears its going on today. It seems like that would be more suited for an intellectual series like a mystery game or MGS.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
@Memory Master I seriously like your ideas. Despite the few similarities with other plot devices in FF this actually seems pretty cool and not so forced like other ideas.

Thanks, i'm interested in hearing everyone else's plot ideas too.

I wonder if Square Enix staff sits around brainstorming like this when they try to make a plot XD

Eh, I like all your ideas but number 4. I HATE the topic because of how everyone swears its going on today. It seems like that would be more suited for an intellectual series like a mystery game or MGS.

True, the evil cult idea was mainly just a filler for something else, I was thinking this morning maybe some rouge soldiers or something. Maybe like the main hero is a soldier from a kingdom and the main bad guy was his instructer at the academy and the main bad guy goes on and on about how he was contacted by one of the gods (The super computer/God thing/whatever) and he has been chosen by the gods to carry out their divine will and bring them the crystals. Or something like that.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
True, the evil cult idea was mainly just a filler for something else, I was thinking this morning maybe some rouge soldiers or something. Maybe like the main hero is a soldier from a kingdom and the main bad guy was his instructer at the academy and the main bad guy goes on and on about how he was contacted by one of the gods (The super computer/God thing/whatever) and he has been chosen by the gods to carry out their divine will and bring them the crystals. Or something like that.

probably instead of it being his instructor/mentor it could be someone who joined alongside him. like they knew each other before enlisting and fought alongside each other but then the friend gets contacted and goes "insane". if it's a super computer then maybe a virus like effect can work too. like corrupt the minds of others that the first initial follower comes in contact with. just spewing ideas. and how far in the futuristic is this?

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
Combat has to evolve, like Advent Children, where characters pummel each other in semi-slo-mo time between each hit. And backflips are a must.

they've already got that game, its called Dissidia, & its pretty bad ass, prequal coming out soon.

Oh & regarding the above fan fic, its alot like VII, I sappose their are enough differences to make it fresh, but its still alot like Final Fantasy VII

Last edited:

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
they've already got that game, its called Dissidia, & its pretty bad ass, prequal coming out soon.

Lol, I know; I have the original. I want it implemented in a main installment with graphics powered by the full force of the PS3 and a better storyline.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
probably instead of it being his instructor/mentor it could be someone who joined alongside him. like they knew each other before enlisting and fought alongside each other but then the friend gets contacted and goes "insane". if it's a super computer then maybe a virus like effect can work too. like corrupt the minds of others that the first initial follower comes in contact with. just spewing ideas. and how far in the futuristic is this?

Uh, it's not modern but it's not like hundreds of year ago....I guess in my mind I picture it being in an era between 1890's upto 1930's or 40's? I think that's the right era i'm talking about.

Oh & regarding the above fan fic, its alot like VII, I sappose their are enough differences to make it fresh, but its still alot like Final Fantasy VII

True, but nearly everything today is similar to a story in the past. Every story has similarites to another.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
True, but nearly everything today is similar to a story in the past. Every story has similarites to another.

My main grip with your idea is that it shares alot, story-wise, with Universal Soldier 2; and that was a baaaaaaad film.

The best ideas take a long time to ferment, and what you have here is a really good start, so don't lose hope. But at the moment I would say it needs some thought (and to be less like Universal Solider lol).

And I'm not posting my ideas, because I'm going to write them one day! :p

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
So i've been thinking...I noticed FFIX really was a modern version of the classic FF's, So how do you all feel if the next main FF was like FFIX?

BlackBlitz7

Website
burstingenergy.ultimaterpg.org
So i've been thinking...I noticed FFIX really was a modern version of the classic FF's, So how do you all feel if the next main FF was like FFIX?

I've played 9, and while not a bad game AT ALL I really didn't like it that much. If the next FF was like that I'd buy it for the sake of owning and to play so that I at least know what I'm talking about when it comes to talks on forums.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I'd buy it for sure...but i'd like the next FF to be a little more modern than that.

True, but I don't think it needs to be too modern. Maybe a mix, like castles and knights and stuff, and the style of older games but with modern things like cars and some kind of TV. Like imagine a world during midevil times but with things like cars and TV, better way to explain it, a world that has the building design and style of older FF games but with some modern technology.

I've played 9, and while not a bad game AT ALL I really didn't like it that much. If the next FF was like that I'd buy it for the sake of owning and to play so that I at least know what I'm talking about when it comes to talks on forums.

I think FFIX was really more of what FF needs to be, while not perfect of course, it's the closest to what I think the series needs to be.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
True, but I don't think it needs to be too modern. Maybe a mix, like castles and knights and stuff, and the style of older games but with modern things like cars and some kind of TV. Like imagine a world during midevil times but with things like cars and TV, better way to explain it, a world that has the building design and style of older FF games but with some modern technology.

LOL i think steampunk is the word you looking for, I prefer the more modern & futuristic games like, XIII, VII, VIII The mid evil themes are kind of lame, & I don't to much care for the class systems.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~

Yeah something like that i had in mind too. This works perfect for me...maybe they could do another FFX situation.

They have advance technology but they don't use it because of whatever reason and this connects to the plot.

LOL i think steampunk is the word you looking for, I prefer the more modern & futuristic games like, XIII, VII, VIII The mid evil themes are kind of lame, & I don't to much care for the class systems.

I like futuristic settings too but it's nice one in a while to return to castles, saving princesses and all :DD

KHHacker6595

ok heres my idea. Set it in a world that is similar to 1900-1920 technology, have it be about the craze of the airplane and airships. Have the main Character be a Sky Pirate that was born into a group of tribes called the Na'tek. These tribes stick to there traditional ways and avoid technology. So the main character was born as a Na'tek that had the ability to control crystals. The government destoryed this characters village but accidently left him alive. Sky Pirates happened to come through the area and found the baby boy, They took him and raised him as a sky pirate. Airships are the new thing, and mostly the military and the rich fly aboard them. so one day the main character and some other sky pirate buddies plan on sneaking aboard a massive military and civilian air ship and try robbing it. They get caught, but the military leader of the airship is interested in the boy who seems to have Na'tek ancestry, based of tatoos and features. He allows them to live but they must work under him and serve as military soldiers. Throughout the story the main character will slowly learn of his origins, and learn how to control the crystals and restore order to the government and become a sky pirate once again well at the same time taciling the many enemies and challenges that confront him and his friends. The Leader of the Airship is actually the antagonist, and he wants to learn how to use the Crystals to take control of the Central Government and create an Dictatorship with him in power.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

The medieval setting is pretty much what Final Fantasy is all about though :/.

I think the perfect solution to all this would be to have the setting to be Toriyama-esque. Take a look at the world of Dragonball for example. You've got saber tooth tigers and various dinosaurs coexisting with advanced metropolitan cities like West City.

Has anyone else played Chrono Trigger? I haven't played the game in ages, but I do remember that Lucca had invented a time machine in the year 1000. The Kingdom of Zeal also existed in 12,000 BC.

I think something like this would appeal and cater to both types of fans.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
The medieval setting is pretty much what Final Fantasy is all about though :/.

I think the perfect solution to all this would be to have the setting to be Toriyama-esque. Take a look at the world of Dragonball for example. You've got saber tooth tigers and various dinosaurs coexisting with advanced metropolitan cities like West City.

Has anyone else played Chrono Trigger? I haven't played the game in ages, but I do remember that Lucca had invented a time machine in the year 1000. The Kingdom of Zeal also existed in 12,000 BC.

I think something like this would appeal and cater to both types of fans.

Actually, FF isn't really about medieval worlds at all anymore. The first six utilised it (though VI is more industrial revolution era than medieval) along with Tactics, IX and XI. All the rest isn't and the point of the series is to try something new every new game. That is to say, I wouldn't mind them returning to it sometime, but to say the games are about that is just not true.

And the games pretty much are already Toriyama-esque by your examples. A lot of FF games already feature Dinosaur-like and other creatures designed like extinct creatures.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Alright I came up with this idea lately. It's still in the concept development stage so everything isn't for certain yet:

When a person dies their soul passes onto the next world where they became a magical being known as an Aeon. Aeons existed here in this perfect paradise happy and at peace. They watched over the worlds of the living, and if a threat to life on a planet ever came (Such as meteors and stuff life that) then the Aeons would rescue them. This sparked some legends on some of the worlds even some religions.

One day an Aeon named Zeron presented the idea of Aeons using their power to kill all living things so their souls would pass into the Aeon world and all life could join them in their paradise, but the other Aeons including their leader Alexander dismissed his idea reminding him that if they were to do such a thing is moraly wrong and if they did such a thing the order of existence would be destroyed and all life and all souls (Aeons) would dissapear. (The idea behind this is that the Aeon world and the world of the living coexist and sustain eachother even though they are physicaly seperate)

Zeron however was able to convince alot of Aeons to join him and they waged a war against Alexander and his Aeons. In the end Alexander defeated Zeron's army, so Zeron in a desperate attempt to defeat Alexander and his Aeons somehow turned them into small crystals but his somehow also put Zeron into a deep spell binding sleep within the Aeon world. However the crystals the Aeons were turned fell into the dimmesional rifts (Caused by the war) and into the void where they were then spit out into the world of the living and scattered across the worlds.
--------------------------------------------

Now this is where i'm more undecided:

Though he was trapped in sleep within the Aeon world, Zeron was able to telepathicaly make contact with the people of Planet Aria and taught them how to use magic (Something which only Aeons had knowledge of) but the people soon realized magic was too powerful for them and if they used it too long it would mutate them into mindless monsters. So the people abandoned magic.

hundreds of years later the emperor of the nation of Gerland who was greedy and cruel was telepathicaly contacted by Zeron who taught him how to use magic. Emperor Galfur followed Zeron's orders which were to kill and slaughter as many people as he could, starting with his own citizens. The reason Zeron wanted him to do this was so he could absorb the souls of countless people and use their energy to break the spell keeping him in his deep sleep. Once awake he planned to destroy all life in the universe so they would all pass onto the Aeon world where Zeron would rule over all Aeons as a god. Galfur obeyed every order because he was promised by Zeron that upon his death he would be made a god.

When Emperor Galfur did however, his son Tritent became the new emperor. Like his father before him, Zeron telepathicaly spoke with Tritent and asked him to continue his fathers work of slaughter and death promising Tritent that he too would be made a god upon his death. However Tritent did not trust Zeron and so seeked his own way to become a god, following Zeron's orders simply to keep Zeron in the dark about his true plan, to become a god by finding the crystals of the Aeons and open a way to the Aeon world where he would take Zeron's power and rule the world as a god.

In his quest for power he took over the neighboring nations which were the homelands of some of the main heros. This eventually leads to a world war with the alliance of nations. The main heros join the alliance army in order to stop the Gerland empire, but they eventually realize to combat Emperor Tritent and his army they must learn magic too. Somehow they do and because of this the major religion at the time (Which knows about the story of how magic could turn people into monsters and thus considered it evil) brands them heritics and evil and send out their own special forces (Kinda like the Knights Templar) to stop them.

So the heros begin a quest to collect the Aeon stones in order to use their power to stop the Gerland empire, and at the same time they have to avoid being killed by the Knight Templar kinda guys.

--------------------------------

So would something like this be a good basis for a FF game? Is this something people like to see as a FF game idea?

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
Alright I came up with this idea lately. It's still in the concept development stage so everything isn't for certain yet:

When a person dies their soul passes onto the next world where they became a magical being known as an Aeon. Aeons existed here in this perfect paradise happy and at peace. They watched over the worlds of the living, and if a threat to life on a planet ever came (Such as meteors and stuff life that) then the Aeons would rescue them. This sparked some legends on some of the worlds even some religions.

One day an Aeon named Zeron presented the idea of Aeons using their power to kill all living things so their souls would pass into the Aeon world and all life could join them in their paradise, but the other Aeons including their leader Alexander dismissed his idea reminding him that if they were to do such a thing is moraly wrong and if they did such a thing the order of existence would be destroyed and all life and all souls (Aeons) would dissapear. (The idea behind this is that the Aeon world and the world of the living coexist and sustain eachother even though they are physicaly seperate)

Zeron however was able to convince alot of Aeons to join him and they waged a war against Alexander and his Aeons. In the end Alexander defeated Zeron's army, so Zeron in a desperate attempt to defeat Alexander and his Aeons somehow turned them into small crystals but his somehow also put Zeron into a deep spell binding sleep within the Aeon world. However the crystals the Aeons were turned fell into the dimmesional rifts (Caused by the war) and into the void where they were then spit out into the world of the living and scattered across the worlds.
--------------------------------------------

Now this is where i'm more undecided:

Though he was trapped in sleep within the Aeon world, Zeron was able to telepathicaly make contact with the people of Planet Aria and taught them how to use magic (Something which only Aeons had knowledge of) but the people soon realized magic was too powerful for them and if they used it too long it would mutate them into mindless monsters. So the people abandoned magic.

hundreds of years later the emperor of the nation of Gerland who was greedy and cruel was telepathicaly contacted by Zeron who taught him how to use magic. Emperor Galfur followed Zeron's orders which were to kill and slaughter as many people as he could, starting with his own citizens. The reason Zeron wanted him to do this was so he could absorb the souls of countless people and use their energy to break the spell keeping him in his deep sleep. Once awake he planned to destroy all life in the universe so they would all pass onto the Aeon world where Zeron would rule over all Aeons as a god. Galfur obeyed every order because he was promised by Zeron that upon his death he would be made a god.

When Emperor Galfur did however, his son Tritent became the new emperor. Like his father before him, Zeron telepathicaly spoke with Tritent and asked him to continue his fathers work of slaughter and death promising Tritent that he too would be made a god upon his death. However Tritent did not trust Zeron and so seeked his own way to become a god, following Zeron's orders simply to keep Zeron in the dark about his true plan, to become a god by finding the crystals of the Aeons and open a way to the Aeon world where he would take Zeron's power and rule the world as a god.

In his quest for power he took over the neighboring nations which were the homelands of some of the main heros. This eventually leads to a world war with the alliance of nations. The main heros join the alliance army in order to stop the Gerland empire, but they eventually realize to combat Emperor Tritent and his army they must learn magic too. Somehow they do and because of this the major religion at the time (Which knows about the story of how magic could turn people into monsters and thus considered it evil) brands them heritics and evil and send out their own special forces (Kinda like the Knights Templar) to stop them.

So the heros begin a quest to collect the Aeon stones in order to use their power to stop the Gerland empire, and at the same time they have to avoid being killed by the Knight Templar kinda guys.

--------------------------------

So would something like this be a good basis for a FF game? Is this something people like to see as a FF game idea?

I do think it's quite good, so don't be too offended when I say...

That is Final Fantasy IV and VIs stories mixed together. They're mixed together masterfully! But they don't bring much new to the table.

I do like it though. I like that you've come up with your own classic elements theory (classic elements are things like Gaia, Reincarnation, the Goddesses/Fal'Ce/l'Cie from FF13, a mythology that deals with the fundamentals of life), and that the overarching story lasts decades. It's very Final Fantasy-y.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back