• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would you put in a Final Fantasy game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
my god if I had realized what my comment would have started i never would have posted... but seriously though im black & all my black friends think FF is boring & over complicated, I know for a fact that more blacks would at least give the games a try if they had more niggas.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Besides setting and stuff, what about plots? Anyone got a summary of a good plot for a future FF game? And explain what plot elements and new things you could add to make the plot of a future FF game better.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Plot? Maybe something along the lines of the main characters being apart of a government or empire that have to dispose of rebels/criminals/monster etc and the system is corrupt...wait...why does that sound familiar?

A school type FF? OR a competition like FF where there's this competition but as the story goes on there are dark secrets surrounding the old tradition and the heroes discover it...

Or a prince/princess who are an heir to the throne and their corrupt uncle/sibling kill the king/queen and leaves the hero/heroine for dead.

I'm just saying what comes to my head cuz quite honestly...coming up with a plot ain't easy. A good one anyway.

Janus Q

how about an FF game where the plot is to travel to alternate dimensions of the same locations? that would be a great puzzle aspect along the ways of rpg as well. have maybe four different dimensions that reflect the different themes that FF has been known for. a medieval dimension, a steam punk dimension, a futuristic dimension and the modern dimension. that way you have four distinctive art themes and character themes to experiment with and different battle systems for each one. fantasy for medieval, shooter for futuristic, strategy for steampunk and brawler for modern.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
For the next FF i want:

~To use more than 3 Chars in battle (don't see that happening)
~I want to be in a world similar to FFX Zanarkand(futuristic) or post apocalyptic world. Dirty slums, poverty, shady NPCs, etc.
~The battle system i want it to be like FFXIII(i really liked it) or to have many elements together.
~I'd like to have a non-human character again like Red-XIII
~Of course Chocobos, Moogles and One Cid character.
~I'd like this time around to have two main protagonists. One boy, one girl maybe? or two brothers one of them goes with the good guys the other one with the bad and somewhere along the way join forces to defeat the greater evil? What else?
~Limit Breaks to return...
~New game plus...
~And levels to come back with something similar to materia and crystarium growth system.

Can't think of something else right now...xD

Last edited:

BlackBlitz7

Website
burstingenergy.ultimaterpg.org
my god if I had realized what my comment would have started i never would have posted... but seriously though im black & all my black friends think FF is boring & over complicated, I know for a fact that more blacks would at least give the games a try if they had more niggas.

Would they really?? Just because they name a character Jamal doesn't mean it's going to appeal to the black folks. I'm black as well and to be honest when people OVERLY try to appeal to blacks it becomes slightly offensive when not done right. But that's just my thoughts.

and something else that could be cool is if it's a school setting, and the "Final Fantasy" is like some alternate world to the real one. Like a group of students could open up a club or something or some shit of the like.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
I want Summons to have the same importance as the Aeons of FFX. Sure FFX!!! made them a focus (pun unintended), but they lacked the same weight to the story that Aeons had.

Combat has to evolve, like Advent Children, where characters pummel each other in semi-slo-mo time between each hit. And backflips are a must.

Both my wants are pretty shallow because the designers already make the games as close to perfection as I imagine it.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I want Summons to have the same importance as the Aeons of FFX. Sure FFX!!! made them a focus (pun unintended), but they lacked the same weight to the story that Aeons had.

Combat has to evolve, like Advent Children, where characters pummel each other in semi-slo-mo time between each hit. And backflips are a must.

Both my wants are pretty shallow because the designers already make the games as close to perfection as I imagine it.

that's true lol they work their asses off for us to enjoy and buy these damn things.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I want the main character to be evil. There, I said it. I want him to be evil and be doing evil things and genuinely believes in his evil ways and has a team of evil people, then about half way in he turns 'good' and joins the good side where his party is the people he had been previously pummeling into the dirt. Then after you finish the game you can unlock where you can freely switch the party, and have the good guys on the bad side gameplay wise and beating themselves up.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
For the next FF i want:

~To use more than 3 Chars in battle (don't see that happening)
~I want to be in a world similar to FFX Zanarkand(futuristic) or post apocalyptic world. Dirty slums, poverty, shady NPCs, etc.
~The battle system i want it to be like FFXIII(i really liked it) or to have many elements together.
~I'd like to have a non-human character again like Red-XIII
~Of course Chocobos, Moogles and One Cid character.
~I'd like this time around to have two main protagonists. One boy, one girl maybe? or two brothers one of them goes with the good guys the other one with the bad and somewhere along the way join forces to defeat the greater evil? What else?
~Limit Breaks to return...
~New game plus...
~And levels to come back with something similar to materia and crystarium growth system.

Can't think of something else right now...xD

Actually they are experimenting with 4 character parties in FF Agito XIII, not ony that but the world map will be making a return so Its also quite possible that limit Breaks will return, seeing as how they're playing with the other aformentioned old school elements.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
Actually they are experimenting with 4 character parties in FF Agito XIII, not ony that but the world map will be making a return so Its also quite possible that limit Breaks will return, seeing as how they're playing with the other aformentioned old school elements.

Yeah, these are some of the reasons that i look forward to this game so much...even though i am not an "open world" fan but i don't have a problem with it making a return. Also the limit breaks i want them to be something spectacular again. I mean look at Advent Children. I want something like that.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
I want the main character to be evil. There, I said it. I want him to be evil and be doing evil things and genuinely believes in his evil ways and has a team of evil people, then about half way in he turns 'good' and joins the good side where his party is the people he had been previously pummeling into the dirt. Then after you finish the game you can unlock where you can freely switch the party, and have the good guys on the bad side gameplay wise and beating themselves up.

I would like a main character's actions are neither clearly good or evil, like Marche from Tactics Advance. Also soliloquys would be cool. I'd also like to use the video game format more; so things like cutscenes where you control the camera. It would be more like watching a play than a film, the player gets to see who to focus on.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
So speaking of plot I came up with a little something that kinda mixes the old plots of FF and brings it into a modern age.

Long ago an alien race (That look almost identical to humans) created a super computer which was able to run and power their entire world. Eventually the computer saw the aliens as inferior and transmitted it's own mind into a android body that looked human. In this new body the super computer had mobility and so began to move about the world bringing the alien race to near extinction. A small group of Aliens took a spaceship to another Planet but the super computer followed them. While on this new planet the aliens crafted special crystal which could drain and store energy. Eventually the super computer arrived on this planet and attempted to destroy the aliens and the native people of the planet. But the aliens used the crystals to drain the super computers power, weakening it.

They then sealed the computer away in a advance complex fotress they built. They then took the crystals and hid them throughout the world. Deciding to call this new planet home they intergrated and mated with the native people (Which were humans) and so over time the 2 species became 1, their descendants inheriting the Alien's powers could use magic.

Overtime the knowledge about the super computer and the crystals was lost, great kingdoms found the crystals and used their incredible energy (Power drained form the super computer) to power their now modern world. One day a leader of a small cult which wanted to obtain great power came in contact with one of the crystals. The subconciousness of the super computer used the crystal to send part of his mind into the cult leader and speak to him (This was only possible due to the cult leaders evil heart) he promised the cult leader if he would destroy the other crystals (Which would cause the energy to flow back to the super comptuer allowing it to awaken) he would make the cult leader the ruler of the world.

This leads to a group of soldiers being sent out to stop the cult leader and his followers and thus the journey begins.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Some inspiration for this were:

1. Ancient Alien Theory (Aliens who visted earth in the past and breed with humans and built a great stucture such as the pyramids)
2. The Legends about the Crystal Skulls (Skulls that have been found that can store massive amounts of information. Their origin is unknown and they have been found all over the world)
3. The theory that one day computers will be smarter than people and may one day decide to eliminate us because we are inferior.
4. The Free Masons/Illumaniti world order theories was the inspiration for the evil cult

So what do you guys think of this idea, is this something that you may want to see in future Final Fantasy games?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So speaking of plot I came up with a little something that kinda mixes the old plots of FF and brings it into a modern age.

Long ago an alien race (That look almost identical to humans) created a super computer which was able to run and power their entire world. Eventually the computer saw the aliens as inferior and transmitted it's own mind into a android body that looked human. In this new body the super computer had mobility and so began to move about the world bringing the alien race to near extinction. A small group of Aliens took a spaceship to another Planet but the super computer followed them. While on this new planet the aliens crafted special crystal which could drain and store energy. Eventually the super computer arrived on this planet and attempted to destroy the aliens and the native people of the planet. But the aliens used the crystals to drain the super computers power, weakening it.

They then sealed the computer away in a advance complex fotress they built. They then took the crystals and hid them throughout the world. Deciding to call this new planet home they intergrated and mated with the native people (Which were humans) and so over time the 2 species became 1, their descendants inheriting the Alien's powers could use magic.

Overtime the knowledge about the super computer and the crystals was lost, great kingdoms found the crystals and used their incredible energy (Power drained form the super computer) to power their now modern world. One day a leader of a small cult which wanted to obtain great power came in contact with one of the crystals. The subconciousness of the super computer used the crystal to send part of his mind into the cult leader and speak to him (This was only possible due to the cult leaders evil heart) he promised the cult leader if he would destroy the other crystals (Which would cause the energy to flow back to the super comptuer allowing it to awaken) he would make the cult leader the ruler of the world.

This leads to a group of soldiers being sent out to stop the cult leader and his followers and thus the journey begins.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Some inspiration for this were:

1. Ancient Alien Theory (Aliens who visted earth in the past and breed with humans and built a great stucture such as the pyramids)
2. The Legends about the Crystal Skulls (Skulls that have been found that can store massive amounts of information. Their origin is unknown and they have been found all over the world)
3. The theory that one day computers will be smarter than people and may one day decide to eliminate us because we are inferior.
4. The Free Masons/Illumaniti world order theories was the inspiration for the evil cult

So what do you guys think of this idea, is this something that you may want to see in future Final Fantasy games?

I like this idea a lot. Aliens seem to be the next "innovative" thing in the series, even if it is slipping into sci-fi territory. I think the idea of the super computer is too close to the Occuria in FFXII or Orphan in FFXIII.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I like this idea a lot. Aliens seem to be the next "innovative" thing in the series, even if it is slipping into sci-fi territory. I think the idea of the super computer is too close to the Occuria in FFXII or Orphan in FFXIII.

I was thinking about the similarities with Fal'Cie and Occuria too. So I was thinking, how could I keep the basic story like it is but make it unique from other FF's. So I came up with this. Let's say the Alien race did some genetic research found a so called "God Gene" and when they activated it in their subject he gained amazing power and saw the rest of his kind as inferior and started to kill them. But some escaped to another planet and then he went there and they drained his power into some crystals and then sealed him up and so on and so forth.

Alternatively with the crystal concept we could say the Alien's that escaped travel to a planet that was dying along with all life on it, but after they absorbed the God's power into the crystal and hid them across the planet. The magic of his power radiating from the crystals caused life to flourish across the planet making the dead dry planet into one of beauty, nature, and life. If we do this then when the heros have to kill the God and destroy his power (Which he took back from the crystals somehow) Then they'll have an internal conflict, they can destroy him and keep him from destroying life on the planet and in the universe but if they do that then they destroy his power and life will begin to die off again on their planet.

Finally instead of a super computer or God, we could have him be a cyborg or just something that makes him vastly superior to other forms of life.

what do you think of this for Future FF games? Do you guys think something like this reinevates the plot device of 8 crystals in a good way for modern gaming? Do you think something like this would be an improvement on the series? And if any of you have any plot ideas of your own please post them. ^_^

Relix

A traveler
Awards
@Memory Master I seriously like your ideas. Despite the few similarities with other plot devices in FF this actually seems pretty cool and not so forced like other ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back