• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would you like to see in Kingdom Hearts III?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts III - On Current or Next Generation Consoles?

Current gen.

Consumers will be reluctant to buy new consoles, because they'll obviously be expensive due to the way the international economy is.
PS3 was $999 when it first came out here. No doubt PS4 will be upwards of $1500.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards

I can see KHIII being released on the PS3. They're already making Versus for the PS3 and that game looks quite similar to KH, the battle system in the trailer looks identical. Because of this, they pretty much know how the console works for that type of game by now, so why would they scrap all their knowledge and go for a different console? Unless the PS4 is actually quite similar to the PS3, then they could go for a new console but nobody knows about that yet.

And of course you have to take into account the price of the new console, which could have an effect the sales on KHIII if it were to be released on a next gen console.

I don't think the PS4 would be released soon anyway, Microsoft or Sony aren't supposed to be saying anything about their next gen consoles this year. Unless they're making it a surprise...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

They're already making Versus for the PS3 and that game looks quite similar to KH, the battle system in the trailer looks identical.
According to Nomura, Versus is a "showcase" of the battle system that will be used in Kingdom Hearts III.

darkheart709

Bronze Member

Is everyone still so sure its going to be on PS3

We don't even know when versus will come out so i'm gonna say next gen systems. Sony and Microsoft will probably release their new systems next year so all three hardware companies will have their next gen systems out next year

@Arkrend 3DS is doing ok, its not doing bad, Vita on the other hand....

Last edited:

Shawty

Awards

Personally I don't really care what console it's gonna be on. I don't own a PS3 yet so whenever KH3 comes out, I won't have to worry about getting a new console again. I do think they will release it for the PS3, if it comes out in 2013. But you never know what Nomura has planned.

roxas7

i think it will be at like the last bit of the Current gen

Awards

Isn't it about time we had an announcement for Versus? I think a 2014 release date is a bit much, since it's been in development for 6 years now. I'm hoping for late 2012, latest being summer 2013, which should maybe allow a summer or winter of 2014 release for KH3.

captain

Bronze Member

I doubt it will be on a system I own, making me spend several hundred dollars for KH. I'm glad I never bought a ps3. If kh3 comes out for it, I'll get one. But now I'm thinking it could end up on next gen.
(I'm kinda hoping "mystery game" is on Wii U)

Arkrend

Isn't it about time we had an announcement for Versus? I think a 2014 release date is a bit much, since it's been in development for 6 years now. I'm hoping for late 2012, latest being summer 2013, which should maybe allow a summer or winter of 2014 release for KH3.
A game is usually in development for a year before it is actually announced so that there can be some gameplay to show.

Lately a lot of games have been announced while they're still in their concept phase, but we pretty much know that Kingdom Hearts III won't enter real development until after Versus is out.

Most Kingdom Hearts have had two year development cycles so if Versus comes out in 2013 then I doubt Kingdom Hearts III will be coming out the very next year. Except an unnecessarily long two year wait once Versus is about a month away from being released.

By the time Versus is a month away from release, the development team will be moved onto a different project.

Maybe a year and half development cycle would be possible, and I can imagine that Nomura will feel pressure to release KHIII before the generation enters purgatory.

PS3 was $999 when it first came out here. No doubt PS4 will be upwards of $1500.

And I bet there won't be many people buying it when it comes out. The way the global economy is, people just don't have the money to spend on a new game consoles these day. The problem though, is that Sony/Microsoft are being pressured into to releasing their old tech.

It's the reason why they both tried to revived their consoles through the motion controls that came out last year, but that is wearing off fast. KINECT, and Move didn't buy Sony/Microsoft the time they wanted.

There's also the fact that developers are refusing to continue developing games on outdated hardware. A lot of influential developers are tried of the restrictive nature of PS3/360s. They have poor RAM, only allow a certain number of rendered skeletons, and the PS3 has a god awful developer kit.

They should have been replaced last year, but Sony/Microsoft knows that releasing a new consoles will cost money to produce/distribute/advertise, and that they will lose money regardless of how good the consoles is.

@Arkrend 3DS is doing ok, its not doing bad, Vita on the other hand....

3DS is doing very bad. Do you know why the price dropped so low? Nintendo was losing more money than they could handle. They had to recover their losses, but they will lose money regardless.

Keeping the price high costs them money, because no one is buying their system and they can't break even.

Lowering the price costs them money, because they aren't gaining as much revenue as they were before and it's harder to break even.

High sales do not equal high profits. Nintendo is losing a lot of money, and the 3DS still isn't that popular. It didn't have the same effect as the Gameboy Advance did where you couldn't take two steps without running into a kid with a Gameboy.

This generation is going to have a tend of heavy losses before the company breaks even, and the system becomes common.

zspek09

Website
instagram.com
Re: KH3 battle system wishes

Improved graphics
ALL new worlds, PIXAR included
Kairi as a keyblade master
LIVELY worlds, not barren with occasional pop up enemies
All new combat, same old feel but new styles commands forms attacks etc,
New magic abilities
A NEW DAMN OUTFIT FOR SORA
More battles with key characters as teammates (i.e. Sora and Aqua fighting side by side)
A new intro song by Utada Hikari if possible ( I heard she was fed up with working with Disney)
more CGI cutscenes
More secret bosses

Chocobo Weapon

I'm thinking that Kingdom Hearts III will be the Persona 4 of this generation. It'll probably come out after the PS4 has debuted. Maybe 2015?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I'm thinking that Kingdom Hearts III will be the Persona 4 of this generation. It'll probably come out after the PS4 has debuted. Maybe 2015?
Do you mean Persona 5?

Riku/Sora-Rule

Debatable, something tells me 2014 in Japan at least, because, Square has been doing all they can to release at least 1 KH game a year, and BBS VOL II should be out by next year (if that is a game, cuz speculation on that has been going back and forth like a marathon of Pong) but being that FFVXIII entered full production back in September, it should be released sometime next year, meaning after, at latest, a realse date is announced for that, KH 3 will begin full production, at least that what I think it will be, based on what I have noticed in Square's release patterns

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
F**k that. If KH3 comes out for the PS3 when the PS4 is out,it better have some enhancements made for PS4! Or just make it a PS4 game

A game is usually in development for a year before it is actually announced so that there can be some gameplay to show.

Lately a lot of games have been announced while they're still in their concept phase, but we pretty much know that Kingdom Hearts III won't enter real development until after Versus is out.

Most Kingdom Hearts have had two year development cycles so if Versus comes out in 2013 then I doubt Kingdom Hearts III will be coming out the very next year. Except an unnecessarily long two year wait once Versus is about a month away from being released.

By the time Versus is a month away from release, the development team will be moved onto a different project.

Maybe a year and half development cycle would be possible, and I can imagine that Nomura will feel pressure to release KHIII before the generation enters purgatory.

And I bet there won't be many people buying it when it comes out. The way the global economy is, people just don't have the money to spend on a new game consoles these day. The problem though, is that Sony/Microsoft are being pressured into to releasing their old tech.

It's the reason why they both tried to revived their consoles through the motion controls that came out last year, but that is wearing off fast. KINECT, and Move didn't buy Sony/Microsoft the time they wanted.

There's also the fact that developers are refusing to continue developing games on outdated hardware. A lot of influential developers are tried of the restrictive nature of PS3/360s. They have poor RAM, only allow a certain number of rendered skeletons, and the PS3 has a god awful developer kit.

They should have been replaced last year, but Sony/Microsoft knows that releasing a new consoles will cost money to produce/distribute/advertise, and that they will lose money regardless of how good the consoles is.

3DS is doing very bad. Do you know why the price dropped so low? Nintendo was losing more money than they could handle. They had to recover their losses, but they will lose money regardless.

Keeping the price high costs them money, because no one is buying their system and they can't break even.

Lowering the price costs them money, because they aren't gaining as much revenue as they were before and it's harder to break even.

High sales do not equal high profits. Nintendo is losing a lot of money, and the 3DS still isn't that popular. It didn't have the same effect as the Gameboy Advance did where you couldn't take two steps without running into a kid with a Gameboy.

This generation is going to have a tend of heavy losses before the company breaks even, and the system becomes common.

What are you talking about? 3DS only cost $100 in total of parts made in a cheap labor factory in China. The retail price is more some goes into advertising cost others straight to Nintendy. I doubt they're losing much money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

F**k that. If KH3 comes out for the PS3 when the PS4 is out,it better have some enhancements made for PS4! Or just make it a PS4 game
Yeah, because that will get the game out faster. Developing it on a system that no one on the Osaka team or the main KH team have experience on is a great idea.

Also don't double post, edit your original post instead.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Yeah, because that will get the game out faster. Developing it on a system that no one on the Osaka team or the main KH team have experience on is a great idea.

Also don't double post, edit your original post instead.
They weren't experienced with 3ds either. Or ps2 for the 1st KH for that matter. 1 of those teams are going to be working on ps4 at some point. And they'd have to start with some game.

But if experience is that much of an issue, they could go multi-platform with Vs13 and use the experience of the Wii U port to make a Wii U Exclusive KH3.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

They weren't experienced with 3ds either. Or ps2 for the 1st KH for that matter. 1 of those teams are going to be working on ps4 at some point. And they'd have to start with some game.
Obviously. My point was that the team has no experience with the "PS4". It would be a waste of their experience with the PS3 for Versus and incredibly unwise to expect people to wait even longer for KH3.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

What are you talking about? 3DS only cost $100 in total of parts made in a cheap labor factory in China. The retail price is more some goes into advertising cost others straight to Nintendy. I doubt they're losing much money.
Hi, just saying, please do not bypass the censors that are in place for that naughty word. And please do not double post. You have been here long enough, you should know the rules by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back