• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would you like to see in a future Final Fantasy game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

QuickFlash

Even though there were probably a ton of threads like this, it's still pretty cool to see how peoples wishes change from time to time. So as the title says, what would yo want to see in Final Fantasy XV?

Personally, i'd like for the franchise to go back to its roots, with the classic ATB battle system. 13's battle system is really what stopped me from playing it. Another thing is a more old school setting, like the ones in Final Fantasy I,II,III,IV,V and IX(im not to sure about VI cause i havent gone to far in the game yet). My last thing is that they make the cast as lovable as the cast of FFIX.

So yeah, post what you guys would in the next Final Fantasy game.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I think XIII/XIII-2 had the best battle system in the series, so I'm all for keeping it. I wish they will use XIII-2 as a blueprint for future games in the series actually. Love being able to make different choices and progress through the story in a less linear fashion. It doesn't have to involve time travel though. It can be more like Tactics Ogre LUCT. I want either Nobuo Uematsu or Yoko Shimomura to compose the soundtrack. Background music really does set the tone and affect the overall feel of a game. I want more grown up characters and less teens and people in their early 20's. I'm probably also alone in this, but I would like for it to have zero voice acting. Just text based, like the older games. Would love for it to have a similar feel to Bravely Default in terms of graphics, but with more steampunk in it.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
For starters, I want it to not be announced 7 years prior to the actual release date haha.

Seriously, I'd like the ATB system to make a return as well, art direction by Yoshida, and a non-politics themed plot (linear or not).

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
I'm not all too fussed, really.

I agree with Magnus on keeping XIII/XIII-2's battle system - the old ATB system is far too slow and uninteresting. A mix of X's dedicated roles and the ability to switch party members in and out on the fly merged with the speed and urgency of XIII's would be absolutely fabulous.

As far as storyline goes, I can't offer any input. I always wanted a more futuristic setting ever since FFVIII and XIII gave me that, so I'd be perfectly happy with them going whichever route they please on that one. Maybe a secret uberboss akin to the level of Penance would be nice, the final mark in FFXIII wasn't exactly challenging. I managed to 5* that.. moth.. thing with no characters fully developed or ultimate weapons on my first try.

Oh, one more thing I really want is a great cast. I haven't felt an ounce of feeling toward characters in a FF game since X.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There's one thing I'd like to mention regarding the battle-system, but I think that going towards a more action oriented, non turn-based one is a necessary step to the future. The turn-based system is a thing of the past, really because consoles just weren't powerful enough back in the day to support a game with both a rich, interesting world along with a good enough battle-system at the same time. I think it's nostalgia that's clouding people's minds when you think about the great Final Fantasies, since they surely had their faults and I think the turn-based ATB system was one of those. Especially considering how it turns off many potential fans from the franchise itself.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Yes, dedicated roles for each character would be nice. I want the game to encourage using all of them, like IX did. Apart from early access to haste, Sazh was pretty much useless in XIII (gameplay wise, that is). Fang was ridiculously overpowered and switching her out was never an option once you got her (she's my favourite character in the game, but still... it's about the principle).

As for turn based combat, I think X did a great job, adding some actual strategy to it. I really liked how you could come up with smart strategies to delay your enemy's attack, for example. But hey, it would be kind of cool to have rhythm based combat in a main game. Like the new FF game for the 3DS. Or something that was just different and a bit outside of the box for your average JRPG.

And no DLC, please!

Coeurl

Demon Dance
If the ATB does make a come back, it wouldn't be the same ATB we saw from IV to IX. We all know SE likes to add new twists into stuff and whatnot. I was thinking an update of the ADB system from XII, since that one had many flaws and a bit cumbersome. And, no random battles please. I actually like XIII's version of battle transitions.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
gameplay wise the ATB system of 13-2 was superb... 13 laid down the basics but 13-2's system perfected it. but one thing I hated for 13 and 13-2's gameplay was the buffing system. regular level spells lasted the longest but provided a decent boost to the stat but as you worked up the spell tiers they would last shorter and shorter. but the -Ra spells from 13 gave a better boost. if they go back to a 13 based battle system I say kill the -Ra support spells, and if you cast a -ga spell make them last as long as the basic spells.

I think it would be cool to keep the encounter system 13 had too, it was good because you could try to avoid a fight if you wished. but the one thing they got wrong was that you couldn't run away from a fight, sure you could retry and try to avoid them but it really pissed me off. It wasn't the same as running away.

I found the development system of 13 too tedious, sure you could learn all the abilities possible in the game but it took alot of grinding to get my characters all maxed out on every role. I would think they should slim down to the roles that they were good at. That straightforwardness would attract new gamers to the series and I would perfer that.

Story-wise I like the newer games because of the individual events each character faces and how they take it, I was kinda happy when they killed the 'naming system' in 12 because it would result in the story being diminished because 'you' were the main character and it had alot of holes to fill, the obvious example being 10 although the holes were still there even if you chose the original name.

misssheep

The battle system from FFX and the Sphere Grid from FFX to make a come back please !

Also I would love the old fighting style to return but without the random battles. Make the monsters appear on screen and then if you bump into one of the monsters then have the screen crash into whift or blur and head into the fighting relm. Sort of like FFXIII, but with the older style.

Be able to control all characters in battle, being able to just control Lightning or Serah felt a bit short. It feels like the computer is doing most of the effort for you. It would of been nice to control Lightning, Snow and Fang in battle and not just one character. Just like you could control all characters in the older FF's.

I wouldn't mind FFXIII-2's Pokemon monster catching to make a return either. It was quite fun and addictiving.

Also a male leader that actually looks like a male. Not another Vaan. More of the likes of Snow's apperance, but not a muscle man who's bald and looks too manly. Somewhere in the middle.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I want Final Fantasy XV to be Final Fantasy, in line with IX & the 2D era. That's pretty much my only wish at the moment.

Awards
I can play FFXIII-2 half asleep. I mean I liked the battle system but frankly it's one of my least favorites. I never had to really think during most battles, it was just *hit 'X' a bunch of times* *wait until health gets low* *switch to support paradigm* *switch back to offense paradigm* *hit 'X' a bunch of times*

Kamichamadude

My only wish is that they can have a story as epic as VI's but with the graphics, voicework, and battle system XIII had.
The newer final fantasies seem to have less and less epic of stories. I loved XIII and it's story, but in the group it would probably be no. 13 :p
I love voice acting, so thats a must. I played FF IV when it was FF II, but I love the DS one more because it really brought the characters to life.
I can hardly play any other final fantasy because they are so slow. After XIII and XIII-2 it's almost impossible to play the older ATB games.
And last but not least I am a graphics whore, 'nuff said :)

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
That it's not directed by Motomu Toriyama (so its as far away from FFXIII and its sequel as earthly possible).

Needs more IV/VII/IX/XII/Good Final Fantasy games

MadasaHatter

I'm surprise people want the retro combat system to return. Well not me, I'm sick of it honestly. I think they should just be more action oriented and selecting commands in real time like KH or Jak. It's just a LOT more fun fighting enemies this way that walk/surprise fight/walk/surprise fight/walk, etc. It get's really old and really boring fast! That's one thing I ALWAYS dread with any FF. The random battles. I just wanna swing my sword away or cast magic. Not wait my turn and do this and that.

I'd also like more eye candy please. I know people want retro graphics(really?) but I want better graphics. To me that is a huge part of a game. The better it looks, the more I'll want to play it. I like the retro graphics for handhelds like Braverly Default and Tactics and stuff but not for the main titles. Better graphics!!! Also if you really think they'll take a step back, I'm sorry but your kidding yourselves. It's pretty apparent Square wants more eye candy and more action. Vs will be the first step to that.

Story wise, doesn't really matter to me. They always come up with amazing stories for every game(XII excluded, that story was just too long, boring and hard to understand). I wouldn't mind more girl power! Loved that they made Light the main character in XIII, want more of that please!

Also more and better mini games. XIII-2 headed in the right direction but wasn't fully executed. I'd like to see it expanded. More interesting and fun side quests. Hunting marks is not really fun for most people. So include some other cool stuff.

Got_it_Memorized

Awards
To see the KH battle system somehow Put into Final Fantasy would be amazing. The more action oriented the better IMO that's always been why KH is my favorite. the battle system surpasses all.
And if anyone else hasn't heard there are rumors that FF XV could potentially be FF versus 13 just a rumor but possibility

Skye91

I would like FFXV to be more like I-II-III-IV-V, plus the characters to be more like VII-VIII-X. There are so many characters like VII-VIII-X have so many potentials if they add it to I to V era. For example, A Character like Aerith and a Character like Yuna.

helios

Bronze Member
The battle system from FFX and the Sphere Grid from FFX to make a come back please !

Also I would love the old fighting style to return but without the random battles. Make the monsters appear on screen and then if you bump into one of the monsters then have the screen crash into whift or blur and head into the fighting relm. Sort of like FFXIII, but with the older style.

Be able to control all characters in battle, being able to just control Lightning or Serah felt a bit short. It feels like the computer is doing most of the effort for you. It would of been nice to control Lightning, Snow and Fang in battle and not just one character. Just like you could control all characters in the older FF's.

Ah! The Sphere Grid was one of the best character progression systems to this date. How could you hate using a friendsphere to cross into another members portion of the grid. However if they could mix and match the elements with the new crystarium system i feel they would truly have a remarkable way of leveling your characters. I'm not too fond of the Paradigms and yes they should go to a traditional "Job" for each character so to say. The new ATB system is fantastic it's fluid and very fast paced for the game and I pray they don't change it dramatically.

The story could use a bit of creativity. Characters could show a little more development, complexity, and multidimensionality to create a realistic feel that the player can relate to. Maps have become extremely linear with no free roam really there is no world to explore. I want the old FF where I can take an airship and literally travel the world to random destinations that have no relevance to the story. They tried in FFXIII but i didn't have the same feel as the traditional games. Side quests would be nice, Cieth stone missions were fun but they took the aspect out in XIII-2. They attempted to bring back mini games such as chocobo racing and slot machines to gamble but it wasn't as fun as previous mini games such as blitzball.

I would like the return of spells such as Holy, Ultima, Gravity, Earth, Water. Final Fantasy is too easy now it used to be tactical but now you can get through it by simply pressing a few buttons. I'm not really looking forward to the next one but as a fan if no other games are out when it releases I'll more than likely buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back