• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► What would you like to see get adapted into anime?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Esso

Fire Breaker
Been meaning to make a thread like this for a while, but something usually came up and never got it. Or you could say I was procrastinating again...

Anyway like the title implies, have you ever come across a manga series (or those light novels despite that the number of people here who read those are sure to be scarce) that you liked so much you just really wanna see adapted into an anime? I know I sure have, and here are some I'd like to list, in order of how much I want it to happen... and probably never come true :(

Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria
Silver Spoon
Tsukihime: apparently for many fans the 2003 anime is nonexistent, too bad the most likely time an anime remake will happen is when the visual novel remake is released.
Iris Zero
Akame ga KILL!!
Hoshino Samidare*
Psyren

Could've sworn there were more. Man I need to keep track of my manga list more.

* Kinda worried it would ruin it tbh.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Ace Attorney. That's pretty much the only thing that comes to mind because it's the only thing I care about seeing adapted into an anime.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
A lame girl like me would like to see Hoshi wa Utau by the lady who made Fruits Baskets adapted because I dig my shojo series. Or maybe a new Fruits Basket adaption.

Okay my lame choices aside, I honestly don't know. I haven't read many new manga or light novels the last few months that hasn't already been adapted.

Ace Attorney. That's pretty much the only thing that comes to mind because it's the only thing I care about seeing adapted into an anime.

Agreed. I think it'd make a fantastic anime. The movie already proved to be a treat, and if they could make AA work as a live-action movie they can definitely make it work as an anime.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I haven't seen the live action film, but heard it's the best video game film to date from tons of people. Kinda gave me faith, and the fact AA5 is gonna have anime cutscenes makes me super hopeful Bones would want to do an anime.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Pluto and Skyhigh would probably be at the top for me. It's already been proven that Urasawa translates fairly well into animation, so i don't imagine that it would be too hard.

Skyhigh is just an awesome series.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Honestly, I'd just like to see more seinen manga get adaptations.

And when I say seinen manga, I'm referring to the ones that aren't ecchi-focused, harem-themed romantic comedies. Those already get their fair share of adaptations :p

Though, what I would most like to see are more anime original productions.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I know it's kinda out-of-left field to suggest this, but I've always wanted to see a Harry Potter anime.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
I'd go with Ace Attorney too. I hated the film, it was a confusing mess. Aside from some cool mise-en-scene.

I'd love to see a Pluto one.

Other than those that have been mentioned, Akumetsu would be pretty wild if it was adapted properly. Lucifer & The Biscuit Hammer is probably the other series I would love to see animated.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Other than those that have been mentioned, Akumetsu would be pretty wild if it was adapted properly. Lucifer & The Biscuit Hammer is probably the other series I would love to see animated.
Every time you bring up Lucifer & The Biscuit Hammer I remember how badly I need to get back on reading that series. I don't remember much aside from the talking Iguana and the giant hammer in the sky. That'd make an awesome series.

If I had to think of a few manga though, I'd say Defense Devil wouldn't be a bad one. Maybe Doubt, I haven't seen any good horror series lately.

matrix8140

Fist of The North Star(Freedom)
A new HSDK anime would be the shiz because these OVAs and it's longevity and popularity would work well. I could also deal with a Demon Queen and Hero anime and a Cage of Eden anime.

Gram

Banned
Awards
most the ones i've read already have animes so the only one i can thing of is Psyren love that manga wish it had an anime since i read it.

Back