• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would you like to see for a coliseum?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paige712

Hi guys I've been curious how Kh3's version of the coliseum will work (Granted it isn't confirmed but it's 99.9% likely i will be in). Personaly I'd like a mix of Kh1 coliseum and BBs mirage arena as I feel they were the best arenas in the series.

My idea is as follows

(Standard cups)

1st cup (10 rounds) (1/10 difficulty)
-Alone
-Time

2nd cup (10 rounds) (3/10 difficulty)
-Alone
-Time

3rd cup (10 rounds) (5/10 difficulty)
-Alone
-Time

4th cup (50 rounds) (7/10 difficulty)
-Alone
-Time

(Boss rush cups)

Heartless Boss cup (10 rounds) (8/10 difficulty)
-Alone
-Time

Nobody Boss cup (10 rounds) (8/10 difficulty)
-Alone
-Time

Disney Boss cup (10 rounds) (8/10 difficulty)
-Alone
-Time

Organization Boss cup (13 rounds) (10/10 difficulty)
-Alone
-Time

Custom Cup (You choose the rounds and enemies/bosses/setting/conditions etc)
-Can share cups online like Super Mario maker.

Verses Mode (Like BBS)

(God Cups (Unlocked by completing all the standard and boss cups in all modes)

Hades cup (100 rounds) (10/10 difficulty)
-Alone
-Time

Zeus
cup (100 rounds) (10/10 difficulty)
-Alone
-Time

What are your hopes for the coliseum?

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Aesthetically, I'd love more gladiatorial-style staging for the battles. This way, we can have a big crowd watching from above, without having to play pretend like people are watching. You could have them cheer when you pull off spectacular attacks, jeer when you get hit, cheer "SORA, DONALD, GOOFY" when the three of you do something neat. It'd even be cool if they kind of booed you when you get around to fighting Hercules or Zeus or something.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Aesthetically, I'd love more gladiatorial-style staging for the battles. This way, we can have a big crowd watching from above, without having to play pretend like people are watching.

Yup. This is all I want, really.

I do NOT want a repeat of the "we do it for the FAAANS!" *pans to an empty room*
That is the most cringe scene in the entire series hands down because it requires immense suspended belief, or it's actively suggesting that Zack is loopy.
Anyway...
Yeah.
All I want are NPC actually reacting to stuff.
It would be really fun to have a "changing" arena floor as well. For example, not just the platform with four posts that kinda disappears, but actual different environments to recreate really unique fights. Heck, flood it with water and give me a fight with ultros or something. Have giant cliff-sized rock pillars scattered around that you have to bounce between over an empty pit and if you fall too low you auto fail. I dunno.
Just having a "defeat this massive swarm" or "do 5000 matches without saving in between" or even the dreaded "you have 20 seconds to beat this dude" isn't really that fun to me any more so I would love more creativity around with the fights in terms of design or just the choice of who we are battling. More unique FF or Disney characters, please!

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
What would be interesting is if you had a coliseum tournament where you could get prizes based on audience ratings.

Mostly I just want a recreation of the KH1 coliseum, with prizes you actually want / need (weapon and spell upgrades).

WhinyAcademic

Awards
I liked how the Mirage Arena changed up the locales, especially for the special boss fights like Monstro. And I’d like the ability to refight bosses we’ve already beaten in the game through the coliseum. I used to leave save files from before I’d fight Chernabog or Scar, for example.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
None of the handicaps from the KH2 tournaments. I can already tell there will be some mechanics I won’t like to use in battle and I don’t want to be forced to use them. To me, the coliseum should be about challenging you with your full range of skills available. Time trials are fine. Fighting solo is fine. Being locked out of Drives and such was just an annoyance.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
What would be interesting is if you had a coliseum tournament where you could get prizes based on audience ratings.

Mostly I just want a recreation of the KH1 coliseum, with prizes you actually want / need (weapon and spell upgrades).

This is basically my biggest desire as well, KH1's felt good and somewhat important if you wanted all the spells and weapons.

Though the crowd reacting sounds rad, I would be down for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back