• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would you guys think of this for the Keyblades in KHIII?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
I know this probably won't happen, but what would you guys think of this in KHIII? I always thought it was kind of a pain that I needed a certain Keyblade for a certain mission but it decreased my strength and magic to the point where I was "Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh". So, what if Keyblades didn't increase magic and strength, but instead they were solely determined by levels and boosts? You'd only get abilities from the Keyblades. I'd like that MUCH better, because it'd implore better strategic thinking.

Luxu

Awards
First off, you don't need certain Keychains for certain levels. Because I used Kingdom Key in KH2 till I got Oathkeeper...On Proud Mode. Nothing really wrong with the system currently. But Keyblade Transformations will add more of a twist on gameplay because of the better A.I the Heartless and Nobodies will have. But perhaps "upgrading" keychains will be a thing.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
1. I shouldn't have said "need", I meant something more along the lines of "I need Bond of Flames for Data Demyx"
2. That's fine, but I'm speaking for the more casual players, and not the "I want a challenge" ones.
3. Nothing's wrong with the system, but it can definitely be improved.
4. I would definitely like that better, but I think that's even less likely.

Last edited:

Luxu

Awards
1. I shouldn't have said "need", I meant something more along the lines of "I need Bond of Flames for Data Demyx"
2. Nothing's wrong with the system, but it can definitely be improved.
3. I would definitely like that better, but I think that's even less likely.

At least we KHuX for that then. But each Keychain should probably change the fighting style even if its a slight difference, like in Days. Because using a Keychain is almost like getting a new Keyblade so I imagine the weight changes along with the size and look.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
Yeah, but I always liked the theory more that the Keyblade defeats it's enemies with light and magic more so than actual physical damage; that's why I like my suggestion of "no increase in strength and magic, just abilities"

Luxu

Awards
AND magic, I said. Otherwise Sephiroth wouldn't have been able to destroy those Heartless if the only way you could defeat them was with light.

Here is one thing I never got about Keyblades, how does a blunt weapon get stabbed into the ground? Like the case with Xion, and her Keyblade is a fake.

But physical damage most likely would play a role in fighting the Heartless that magic barely effects. So I would think a factor is equal on both sides.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
1. I STILL HAVE NO diddlyING IDEA 0_0
2. Oh yeah, for sure, I mean, I can't recall a certain scenario, but I'm pretty sure that once they hit a certain weight, magic doesn't mean shit. I like the way that Shiro Amano portrays the Keyblade in 358/2 Days, when Roxas tries beating the Heartless with a regular-ass sword, but it gets chomped in half.

Back to the original discussion; would you guys like that in KHIII or a possible future game?

Luxu

Awards
I guess a future side game, like CoM based or something. I would like a game that focuses on the past of Eraqus and Xehanort, and you could proably use stones or something to change if power or magic goes higher.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
I meant more along the lines of "I have Gull Wing as my main Keyblade to maybe increase EXP at some points, Decisive Pumpkin as my Valor Form so I can have nigh-limitless combos, Follow the Wind in Master Form so I can draw in more Drive Orbs and possibly increase my form faster, and Ultima in Final Form to increase my MP restoration while fighting"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back