• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would you change about the KH1 story?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

disney233

Awards
Kinda nitpicky and I don't know the exact details how I would do it but I would put Jafar as a boss towards much later in the game. Optimally as the penultimate Disney villain to fall before Maleficent.

In silly powerlevel logic in my head it was always weird to me how Jafar is the first one to fall and a mook like Captain Hook is towards late game. Basically I would either swap Agrabah visit to be after Neverland or Jafar boss fight to happen at Hollow Bastion.
On one hand, this logic makes sense. On the other hand, there's something about Neverland that REALLY fits that final Disney world feel much more than Agrabah. It could be the story with Sora, Riku & Kairi, it could be the scenery of London to the Keyhole, it's just...fitting that Neverland's the last world compared to Agrabah. But I do understand where you're coming from in terms of Disney threat.

Do people really hate Alice so much that they'd choose to axe her entire world over booting one of the less important PoH?
VERY MUCH SO. I SINCERELY apologize for this, but I'm going to come on out and say that Wonderland is...probably my LEAST favorite Disney world in the entire damn series with its abysmal and bland, level design. And with how...empty and hallway-ish Disney Castle & Pride Lands were, I would've GLADLY preferred it if they were placed in 1 as intended instead of Wonderland. The opportunities of how the level design would've played out in those 2 worlds were stripped away and placed in a game with such a HORRIBLY linear level design.

And again, I get that being a PoH doesn't mean you have to inherit royalty. I understand this. But there's still just...something more fitting of Ariel being a Princess instead of Alice. It would've also given Ursula more importance since she, Hades, and Oogie were the council members that BARELY had much to go for.

Pestilence

Awards
On one hand, this logic makes sense. On the other hand, there's something about Neverland that REALLY fits that final Disney world feel much more than Agrabah. It could be the story with Sora, Riku & Kairi, it could be the scenery of London to the Keyhole, it's just...fitting that Neverland's the last world compared to Agrabah. But I do understand where you're coming from in terms of Disney threat.
I guess to this point I would make Captain Hook a dual battle with a threatening boss heartless kinda like Clayton summoned by Maleficent or something akin to that.

I actually really like the idea of Hook's unique "power" within the story being that his ship is basically a big vessel that can travel between worlds. That makes him a useful member for the bad guys but a powerful opponent as is is not what I see him as.

Awards
Wasn't that already happening with the Riku-Ansem vs Sora battle in Hollow Bastion? Not that I'm against using the Crumbling Island battle, it looked so cool and prime for more Ansem mocking Sora using Riku's body and knowledge of his downfall.
Well sorta on the "meat puppet" side.

He was using Riku's body yeah, but he wasn't acting like a twisted mockery of Riku, which he can do judging by that alternate Monstro scene.

I just imagine Ansem taking advantage of the whole Riku thing, pretending to be him during Riku Battle 4 even if Sora sees through the act.

magic713

Awards
I guess one thing I would change is have Sora and Kairi interact more during the time she’s inside his heart. Like whenever Sora is alone or separate from other people or even dreaming, he’d hear Kairi from somewhere and they’d talk a bit. He can’t see her, but she could see him, and offer a little help. Neither of them knowing quite what their situation is until the infamous scene in with Riku-Ansem.
Yeah, like maybe she could have encouraged Sora when he was feeling down when Riku took the Keyblade, and Donald and Goofy left him, for example

Zetta slow

Awards
I’d make Ansem sod show up in the Disney worlds so that they’re more relevant.

disney233

Awards
I’d make Ansem sod show up in the Disney worlds so that they’re more relevant.
I can name....4 Disney worlds Ansem can come up in. Deep Jungle, Monstro, Halloween Town, and Neverland. 2 worlds to spy on Sora, and 2 worlds to spy on Riku. Deep Jungle to test Sora's strength by enticing Clayton to use the darkness to hunt for the Gorillas. It gives a better idea of how he was able to control the Heartless AND summon Stealth Sneak than just...I guess being a bug zapper for the Heartless...I guess?

Halloween Town would have Ansem either teasing Sora or teasing Jack for meddling with forces the both of them can't understand, like giving a Heart to the Heartless. It's a good place for him because Ansem at that point SHOULD know...like...he's LITERALLY just a heart, himself.

Monstro & Neverland would have Ansem spy on Riku and help him steep deeper into the darkness. And he, just like Maleficent will do what he can to further close off Riku's relationship with Sora, making it easier to get his newfound vessel.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Why is it that whenever I see the "Ariel should have been a Princess of Heart!" claims it's always Alice that gets booted out to make room? Doing so would greatly damage the introduction of the PoH plotline and make Wonderland into filler. I think Ariel's story in KH1 is perfect as is and making her a PoH would only weaken it, but if I absolutely had to make her a PoH it would make more sense for her to replace Snow White, Cinderella, or Aurora - they're the ones who had the least amount of impact on the plot, so it would be easier to write them out.
Good point. A big part of it has to do with the Princess line of course, Ariel is one of the major ones up there with Cinderella as far as icon status. But on top of that I think it would strengthen the second half if another one of Maleficent's allies managed to get her a PoH the way Jafar did. Plus, it would make Halloween Town the only true fodder world that way. It would involve some changes, like Atlantica being a required world instead of optional, for example, but you could still choose between skipping Monstro or Halloween Town.

I think there are several interesting ways they could've had Ariel be PoH while keeping Wonderland's world / plot the same. Perhaps Alice reappears when you defeat the Trickmaster--the Trickmaster's body looks sort of like a tower in a way that she could've been been inside, reappearing as its body unravels. The world could end with Alice wondering why the shadows would've been interested in her along with cryptic musings from the Cheshire Cat that neither Sora or Alice would understand (but the player would). TBH, I always sort of assumed that Sora was unintentionally responsible for Alice's kidnapping anyway. We know Maleficent was watching Sora the moment he appears in Traverse Town (she must've been keeping an eye on Squall's group or Disney Castle's residents, or both). It's no coincidence Alice doesn't get kidnapped until Sora went to that world. Maleficent must've considered whether she was a candidate from seeing Sora interact with her.

Another alternative is Alice gets discarded by Maleficent and co. when they realize she's not a one of the princesses after they've brought her to HB (like what almost happened with Wendy) and she ends up at Traverse Town when Sora returns there after Deep Jungle.

Soldier

Awards
Kinda nitpicky and I don't know the exact details how I would do it but I would put Jafar as a boss towards much later in the game. Optimally as the penultimate Disney villain to fall before Maleficent.

In silly powerlevel logic in my head it was always weird to me how Jafar is the first one to fall and a mook like Captain Hook is towards late game. Basically I would either swap Agrabah visit to be after Neverland or Jafar boss fight to happen at Hollow Bastion.
I disagree. the thing is, Jafar being the first one of Maleficent's council to crush makes the most logical sense. Compared to the rest of the horde, he's powerful sure, but there's a certain... frailty to him that makes him more of a opening act than hook. Look at his first fight with Sora in the lamp chamber, take note that most of the time he's floating in areas you can't reach. You're not getting high jump till monstro, so all you can do is run on top of the platforms and hope to get in a good aerial combo or two. He can turn invincible in a light ball form and freeze the center with blizzard magic, with genie occasionally getting a few punches left and right (albeit reluctantly). He's concerned enough to deal with you, but not alone since he relys on magic and gimmicks to do his fighting.

On the other hand, Captain Hook makes more sense as the second to last lieutenant to fight before Maleficent. According to J.M Barrie he was the right hand man to Blackbeard (one of the MOST feared pirates in history, who wreaked havoc on innocents and sailors alike) and is an adept swordsman. Given that his vessel can travel through the lanes between, he's clearly capable of navigating in various terrains, making him the perfect person to ferry the council between worlds. And during his fight, he only summons heartless to dissuade you from running away from him as he's a grounded opponent. He has a weakness to fire sure, but he's IMMUNE to thunder magic, which would throw off people who used that spell to blaze through the game to that point.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I know that technical issues with quadrupedal characters made Lion King impossible for KH1, but I wish Scar was in the Council of Evil instead of Oogie Boogie. Would've better fit the Disney villain dream team line-up.

disney233

Awards
I know that technical issues with quadrupedal characters made Lion King impossible for KH1, but I wish Scar was in the Council of Evil instead of Oogie Boogie. Would've better fit the Disney villain dream team line-up.
I'm torn, here. Because on one hand, I love Oogie, his battle, and ESPECIALLY THIS GODDAMN BEAUTY THAT IS THE MANOREAC3K7UWsAIYWMG.jpg
On the other hand, Oogie is...probably the least threatening of the villain council. Even less threatening than Hook and PETE. Halloween Town, despite its wonderous aesthetic just....seems like the least relevant Disney world of the roster. I'm just...torn. At the same time, I really do ponder how the game would look if Disney Castle & the Pride Lands made it in 1 instead of 2. Because in my opinion, KH2 had the blandest of hallways, and those 2 worlds 100% solidifies it.

I also welcome the idea of Scar being with the Disney villains. In all honesty. Honestly, why not we just change up the Disney Villain roster a bit, and use the villains that are served as promotional bait in Disney parks and all around, the same way the Disney Princesses are.

The 'Primary Disney Villains' seem to be the following.
Maleficent, Jafar, Ursula, Hook, and Hades. With the addition of Chernabog, the Evil Queen, Scar, the Queen of Hearts, Dr. Facilier (even though doesn't exist at the time) and Cruella DeVille.

There's literally an Organization 13 of Disney Villains made for some...pin event in Epcot.

In any case, the Disney roster I put has a lot of backbone to it, if you think about it. The Chernabog could serve as a primary dark force as he WAS intended instead of being just there, the Queen of Hearts being a member of Maleficent's council would give Wonderland relevance to remedy the idea of Alice not being a PoH, if we HAVE to use Wonderland... Scar, as said above is a far more better choice than Oogie, the Evil Queen wouldn't have to DIE in the literal beginning, and the council would have the Magic Mirror, a POWERFUL tool that's glossed over in this series, and Cruella DeVille....I have no idea. I don't know WHY she's advertised so much as a Disney Villain when she did so little...but hey, it kinda shakes up the Dalmatians hunt.

Last edited:
Back