• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would you change about KH2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I wouldn't say he's "an overpowered dick" but yeah, removing all that development makes it feel pointless to begin with.

I wouldn't go with calling him a dick either but he was overpowered and in comparison to his kh1 and CoM he seemed dumber.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
^for sure. He was overpowered a bit(yet somehow always loses in fanmade character battles), but that was mostly just gameplay I think. Canon is "twice as hard" as KH1

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
I'm not sure if this was the fault of the localization, but the dialogue in KH2 was horrifically terrible. The dialogue in KH has never been award-winning, mind you but I feel that Days and CoM, regardless of how they stack up as GAMES in comparison, have better dialogue than it for the most part, excluding some obvious exceptions (aka WHO WILL I HAVE ICE CREAM WITH NOW). My sister has been playing KH2 so i've been seeing the game again and it's honestly by far my biggest complaint with it...well, that and the general plot.

Frankly, Organization XIII never feels like a super huge urgent threat because you don't see them enough and the plot is poorly spaced. You don't even get to find out most of the members' names through dialogue because ultimately they don't matter (well, sort of. Xigbar matters later on in BBS and such) and are just there to be fangirl fodder. Instead of actually focusing entirely on the Organization and how they are a legitimate threat, the plot juggles that with Maleficent and Pete causing trouble in the Disney worlds, but their antics are just pants-on-head retarded and they shouldn't have been in the game whatsoever, especially considering how they turned Maleficent, of all things, into a comic relief character. I didn't feel any urgency or tension when I finally got to TWTNW. The game should have only had Organization XIII. Also, those scenes in KH2FM where they have meetings in the big room should have been in the game from the beginning. That was one of the main reasons (or THE REASON) why the Organization worked in CoM, you got to see their inner politics and each member was memorable and had a role to play in the grand scheme of things. They are nice additions after the fact, but it was really too little too late by that point.

This, this, this. I have a much bigger problem with the story than I do with the gameplay, for exactly these reasons. Although, honestly, I think if one or the other—gameplay or story—was just a little (a lot) stronger, most fans would've been able to overlook the weakness of the other. But, between the two, I definitely feel that the story needed a lot more help (the monotonous gameplay is semi-forgivable anyway, since I'm guessing it was so dumbed down for the benefit of a much younger audience at the time than the one that currently comprises most of KHI lol).

Gram

Banned
Awards
^for sure. He was overpowered a bit(yet somehow always loses in fanmade character battles), but that was mostly just gameplay I think. Canon is "twice as hard" as KH1

It is mostly gameplay [except maybe a few moments int he xemans battles] but it's still to much.

I would make the Disney worlds matter.

^This, this right here! Probably my biggest gripe with any kh game. They haven't really mattered since kh1.

Youniquee

Awards
Not having to do a second round of all those worlds. Rather, do 1 round of them, but have the individual plot worlds fleshed out and connected to the main plot properly.

And yes, more NPCs would be nice...but I wonder if that's due to the PS2's limits at the time..

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
the lack of npcs also makes some of the worlds so awkward. for example in city of bells when you went to the gypsy hideout. there were no gypsies
I think a better example for Kingdom Hearts II (the source of this discussion) is Olympus with the non-existent cheering fans

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
s
Not having to do a second round of all those worlds. Rather, do 1 round of them, but have the individual plot worlds fleshed out and connected to the main plot properly.

And yes, more NPCs would be nice...but I wonder if that's due to the PS2's limits at the time..

the ps2 system could of handled quite a few NPCs. FF12 was on the PS2 and had towns full of NPCs. i really dont understand why the developers didnt put npcs in kh2 when the Ps2 system could have handled them

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I agree with some of the users above. KHII failed to make the organization a big enough threat that it felt satisfying to take down their members 1 by 1. They really needed to show organization meetings to at least build up the suspense.

ryaneden

The only thing i would change is (and I'm gonna get flamed by this) is playing as Roxas. I mean i get his an "important" character but i just don't like Roxas and his constant whining.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The only thing i would change is (and I'm gonna get flamed by this) is playing as Roxas. I mean i get his an "important" character but i just don't like Roxas and his constant whining.

I won't say there will be necessarily "flaming", but you'll have to expect that such a generic opinion like the "constant whining" gets challenged as it indicates not really understanding the character in question.

Like, oh yeah, how dare having a character act realistically to events and circumstances beyond his/her control and actually show human reactions to things that affect them so negatively.
Most of us "real people" would probably fare even worse than Roxas if we would be put in his shoes, same goes for other characters in similar situations like Naminé, Ventus, Terra or Xion.

The "constant" whining (which wasn't so constant at all as there was also a lot of pent up anger) is completely reasonable in the context this character was placed.

ryaneden

I won't say there will be necessarily "flaming", but you'll have to expect that such a generic opinion like the "constant whining" gets challenged as it indicates not really understanding the character in question.

Like, oh yeah, how dare having a character act realistically to events and circumstances beyond his/her control and actually show human reactions to things that affect them so negatively.
Most of us "real people" would probably fare even worse than Roxas if we would be put in his shoes, same goes for other characters in similar situations like Naminé, Ventus, Terra or Xion.

The "constant" whining (which wasn't so constant at all as there was also a lot of pent up anger) is completely reasonable in the context this character was placed.

I mean don't get me wrong i completely understand Roxas. It just he ticks me off for some reason. as i do like Ventus

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I mean don't get me wrong i completely understand Roxas. It just he ticks me off for some reason. as i do like Ventus

And what would that reason be? I know Roxas having anger issues and a rather hot temper is something of a character flaw, but that is not only also partly tied to his weird (and ungrateful) situation, but also makes his character less one-dimensional.

Ventus and Roxas do not have much in common beyond their twin-looks anyways. Ventus is like a middle-ground between Roxas and Sora personality-wise, not as spunky and hyperactive as Sora, yet way less moody and solemn than Roxas.

ryaneden

And what would that reason be? I know Roxas having anger issues and a rather hot temper is something of a character flaw, but that is not only also partly tied to his weird (and ungrateful) situation, but also makes his character less one-dimensional.

Ventus and Roxas do not have much in common beyond their twin-looks anyways. Ventus is like a middle-ground between Roxas and Sora personality-wise, not as spunky and hyperactive as Sora, yet way less moody and solemn than Roxas.

It's just really the KH2 Version of Roxas ticked me off when i was younger because i didn't care about him then as i hadn't played Chain Of Memories at the point. and i was all like who the fuck is this and where the hell is Sora.

And after Kingdom Hearts 358 by 2 days came out my opinions of Roxas has changed a lot. as i do feel more sorry for him then i did when i originally played KHII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back