• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would you change about KH2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
Things I would change;

* Have soft reset, (L1L2R1R2) work. It didn't work in KHII, and I got on my knees to beg for it to work in KHIIFM. It didn't.
* Let Armoured Xemnas use attacks from the CO members. The attacks are there in the game. (FM)

-Make "Get up on the hydra's back" occur less often.

Trolololololol XD

I've seen this mentioned many times but have no idea what it's referring to. What exactly was censored in KH2?

Here is my thread dedicated to as many of the differences between the JP PAL and FM versions of KHII as I have been able to find so far. :)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Things I would change;

* Have soft reset, (L1L2R1R2) work. It didn't work in KHII, and I got on my knees to beg for it to work in KHIIFM. It didn't.
Do you mean pressing the buttons to go from the game back to the game's opening title (Load, New, etc.)? Cause I'm pretty sure that's L1L2R1R2 + Select and Start.

Voltron

Silver Member
After replaying through Kingdom Hearts II I have seen a lot of flaws with it that I didn't notice before. Here are things I would change.

--Disney Worlds relevance
--Colisuem battles
--Better voice acting
--Dodge roll
--Make the game harder and less fast-paced battles
--Better plot development

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
After replaying through Kingdom Hearts II I have seen a lot of flaws with it that I didn't notice before. Here are things I would change.

--Colisuem battles
--Better voice acting
--Dodge roll

Add "Put everything in the original that you usually put in FM", and that's my list as well.

Gram

Banned
Awards
* Have soft reset, (L1L2R1R2+start & select) work. It didn't work in KHII, and I got on my knees to beg for it to work in KHIIFM. It didn't.

Definitely missed the soft reset.

--Colisuem battles
--Better voice acting
--Dodge roll
One of my (coughmany) gripes about kh2 right there^
Always irked me they took out dodge roll, also hated the way he guards in kh2.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Some small things like i.e. replacing the guns of the Pirates from Port Royal with something odd-looking that resembles crossbows (but they retain the shooting sounds), the scene when Will Turner holds a gun to his head in the movie was altered, the scope of Xigbar's "sniper vision" was changed and the scenes where he combines his arrowguns into a sniper rifle were omitted.

Then there's the issue with the Hydra, as in her green blood being replaced with smoke or in Axel's death scene the flames consuming him were completely removed.

Disney. Always holding back Kingdom Hearts' potential. It's because of them that I had to hear Vanitas call Ven an 'idiot' two times in Birth By Sleep. That's probably the most hardcore insult we'll ever hear in all of the KH series. That, or Ven's comeback of "AT LEAST I HAVE SOME!"

AlbertJ

Awards
I know that a problem that a lot of people have with KH2 is that fact that it was too easy. I used to think that too until I imported the Final Mix and played it on critical mode. It becomes almost a completely different game. I am really glad that it seems like we are getting a 2.5 Remix because I think that if more people were able to play it on critical, they would appreciate the game a lot more.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Disney. Always holding back Kingdom Hearts' potential. It's because of them that I had to hear Vanitas call Ven an 'idiot' two times in Birth By Sleep. That's probably the most hardcore insult we'll ever hear in all of the KH series. That, or Ven's comeback of "AT LEAST I HAVE SOME!"

Sadly I'd say Aqua calling Vanitas a freak would be the best insult the series has pulled out. xD

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Sadly I'd say Aqua calling Vanitas a freak would be the best insult the series has pulled out. xD

I'm not saying that if Disney ever gave them script freedom that Nomura should make the characters start swearing or anything, but yeah. That's what I mean. Kingdom Hearts is lovably cheesy in that nostalgic Disney kind of way. But with a game as dark (for KH anyway) as BBS, 'idiot' and 'freak' don't really cut it. At least Master Xehanort pulled "feckless neophyte" from out of nowhere. It was one of those wonderful moments when Kingdom Hearts taught me vocabulary. I love how much more educated the villains' dialogue is than the hero's xD

I know that a problem that a lot of people have with KH2 is that fact that it was too easy. I used to think that too until I imported the Final Mix and played it on critical mode. It becomes almost a completely different game. I am really glad that it seems like we are getting a 2.5 Remix because I think that if more people were able to play it on critical, they would appreciate the game a lot more.

I was always too scared to even think about Critical Mode. Hell, I never even tried Proud Mode until Birth By Sleep.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

Disney's actually not the one to decide these things, the ESRB is. What rating and censorship a game gets depends on them and the people judging the game at the moment. Like KH2 is probably the most censored game in the series while BbS actually got away with a lot considering and had little to no censorship.

Funny thing is that Vanitas never really insulted anybody in the Japanese version. He seemed to pick up more of MX's temperament? The worst thing he ever called anybody was Ven a "husk/doll" but adding insults like "idiot" or telling him to "grow up" were things added to the English dialogue to make him seem more aggressive.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Disney's actually not the one to decide these things, the ESRB is. What rating and censorship a game gets depends on them and the people judging the game at the moment. Like KH2 is probably the most censored game in the series while BbS actually got away with a lot considering and had little to no censorship.

Funny thing is that Vanitas never really insulted anybody in the Japanese version. He seemed to pick up more of MX's temperament? The worst thing he ever called anybody was Ven a "husk/doll" but adding insults like "idiot" or telling him to "grow up" were things added to the English dialogue to make him seem more aggressive.

True, BBS being the darkest game in the series actually showed things that most would expect to be censored. Like for example the scene of braig losing his eye. That was probably the most graphic scene in the series

Gram

Banned
Awards
I'm not saying that if Disney ever gave them script freedom that Nomura should make the characters start swearing or anything, but yeah. That's what I mean. Kingdom Hearts is lovably cheesy in that nostalgic Disney kind of way. But with a game as dark (for KH anyway) as BBS, 'idiot' and 'freak' don't really cut it. At least Master Xehanort pulled "feckless neophyte" from out of nowhere. It was one of those wonderful moments when Kingdom Hearts taught me vocabulary. I love how much more educated the villains' dialogue is than the hero's xD
To be honest even if it's cheesy I'd rather the script not get freedom, cursing or insults just wouldn't feel right in kh. xD
Besides if they did we'd miss out on moments like the MX one you mentioned.

True, BBS being the darkest game in the series actually showed things that most would expect to be censored. Like for example the scene of braig losing his eye. That was probably the most graphic scene in the series
Even then I think the english version of that scene was edited a bit, where it fades to white as the blast reaches his eye.
I'd say Eraqus' death would be the most graphic, it may have been off screen but he was literally stabbed in the back.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Even then I think the english version of that scene was edited a bit, where it fades to white as the blast reaches his eye.
I'd say Eraqus' death would be the most graphic, it may have been off screen but he was literally stabbed in the back.

Xehanort blasted him with a dark projectile from behind, yes, but that scene wasn't edited or changed. Nomura felt from the get-go that this scene would be too cruel so he left it out. I think that was even stated in the Ultimania.

Although it does cause a bit of head-scratching on just what exactly Nomura considers as "too cruel" as we got Braig getting blasted square in the face and MX shooting a beam into Ven's chest (four years before BBS, a kid at that time mind you) to split his heart in full view on the other side.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Xehanort blasted him with a dark projectile from behind, yes, but that scene wasn't edited or changed. Nomura felt from the get-go that this scene would be too cruel so he left it out. I think that was even stated in the Ultimania.

Although it does cause a bit of head-scratching on just what exactly Nomura considers as "too cruel" as we got Braig getting blasted square in the face and MX shooting a beam into Ven's chest (four years before BBS, a kid at that time mind you) to split his heart in full view on the other side.

Something I kind of found funnny about that scene with ven was that he looked liked he did in BBs even though that scene took place four years before BBS

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Something I kind of found funnny about that scene with ven was that he looked liked he did in BBs even though that scene took place four years before BBS

Yeah, that was because they were too lazy to create younger models for them for just two or three flashback scenes.
If you'll look closely when Xehanort brings kid-Ven to Land of Departure Terra and Aqua also do not look like they are four years younger.

Xehanort and Eraqus are excused though since at their advanced age four years do not make much a difference in appearance.
Ventus should have looked around 10/11 years though and therefore even shorter while Aqua should have been around 15/16 that time and Terra (arguably) 17/18.

There is one difference they made with Ven's "past" model though which is also shown on his first awakening platform:
The past (kid)-Ven lacks the criss-crossing straps on his chest and also that chunk of shoulder armor.

Gram

Banned
Awards

I'm not talking about the Eraqus death scene when I said edited I was referring to Xigbar losing his eye.

Awards
The development of Sora and the treatment that CoM didn't actually happen. All that development he had in CoM, is gone and in KH2 he's honestly just an overpowered dick with no explanation.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Yeah, that was because they were too lazy to create younger models for them for just two or three flashback scenes.
If you'll look closely when Xehanort brings kid-Ven to Land of Departure Terra and Aqua also do not look like they are four years younger.

Xehanort and Eraqus are excused though since at their advanced age four years do not make much a difference in appearance.
Ventus should have looked around 10/11 years though and therefore even shorter while Aqua should have been around 15/16 that time and Terra (arguably) 17/18.

There is one difference they made with Ven's "past" model though which is also shown on his first awakening platform:
The past (kid)-Ven lacks the criss-crossing straps on his chest and also that chunk of shoulder armor.
I think there was a missed opportunity for serious retconning in not making younger models. Have the first flashbacks be the way they are in the game, until when Ven learns the truth sort of thing. Of course it would've required more effort so it's a little excusable.

Nice find on the younger Ven not having those costume bits.

The development of Sora and the treatment that CoM didn't actually happen. All that development he had in CoM, is gone and in KH2 he's honestly just an overpowered dick with no explanation.
I wouldn't say he's "an overpowered dick" but yeah, removing all that development makes it feel pointless to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back