• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would you change about KH2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's just really the KH2 Version of Roxas ticked me off when i was younger because i didn't care about him then as i hadn't played Chain Of Memories at the point. and i was all like who the diddly is this and where the hell is Sora.

And after Kingdom Hearts 358 by 2 days came out my opinions of Roxas has changed a lot. as i do feel more sorry for him then i did when i originally played KHII

Ah, now I understand clearly, that issue is it. Yeah,
I remember that one, for a long time there was even a huge rift/partly " fandom war" between rabid Sora fans and rabid Roxas fans, as there were just as many people who loathed that Roxas had to go and be replaced with Sora as there were people who wanted Sora back.

It got even so worse in some cases people started to blame Sora for Roxas' "disappearance" when in fact out of all main characters besides Kairi Sora is the one who is the least at fault for Roxas' fate and if he would have had a chance to have his opinion heard...well, DDD shows us how Sora thinks about the issue.

When you give reasoning like this it is actually much more informative and reasonable than bashing the character by speaking about "constant whining".
With that it's actually easier to understand your point. ;)

ryaneden

Ah, now I understand clearly, that issue is it. Yeah,
I remember that one, for a long time there was even a huge rift/partly " fandom war" between rabid Sora fans and rabid Roxas fans, as there were just as many people who loathed that Roxas had to go and be replaced with Sora as there were people who wanted Sora back.

It got even so worse in some cases people started to blame Sora for Roxas' "disappearance" when in fact out of all main characters besides Kairi Sora is the one who is the least at fault for Roxas' fate and if he would have had a chance to have his opinion heard...well, DDD shows us how Sora thinks about the issue.

When you give reasoning like this it is actually much more informative and reasonable than bashing the character by speaking about "constant whining".
With that it's actually easier to understand your point. ;)

Yeah but if i still had a choice i would choose Xion as Sora's nobody. but i still kinda like Roxas.

-Roxas-XIII-

Maleficent's role.

It would have been easy to implement her into the story a bit more, perhaps even add a boss fight in HB with her just before the final visit to Twilight Town.

....oh and Aerith's vice.

Veritas7340

I would have the worlds be more integral to the main plot. In KH1, Sora needed to seal the worlds' hearts to save them from destruction by darkness. Whether it was Riku, a Princess of Heart, saving a world, or defeating a villain, virtually every world advanced the plot.

Whereas, in KH II, most of the worlds seemed isolated with their own subplot that didn't seem to advance the main plot much. I would've kept the same tone as was almost established in Beast's Castle, with the Organization directly interfering and terrorizing the worlds

Shogo-Kun

Awards
I would have the worlds be more integral to the main plot. In KH1, Sora needed to seal the worlds' hearts to save them from destruction by darkness. Whether it was Riku, a Princess of Heart, saving a world, or defeating a villain, virtually every world advanced the plot.

Whereas, in KH II, most of the worlds seemed isolated with their own subplot that didn't seem to advance the main plot much. I would've kept the same tone as was almost established in Beast's Castle, with the Organization directly interfering and terrorizing the worlds
Pretty much this. Although the idea of playing a part in the plot of the movies is an interesting idea on paper, the execution just plain sucked.

This leads to the question: what possessed Nomura and Nojima to just copy/paste the plot of the movies on to the worlds as opposed to creating wholly original plot lines?

Also, one thing I would change about Kingdom Hearts (not just 2, but in general) is have the worlds feel like dungeons. I've been looking at a lot of Zelda let's plays and I've been really intrigued by the whole dungeon-crawler gameplay style. I'd like to see Kingdom Hearts take a crack at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back