• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would ruin the game for you?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

robotman

This may sound silly but the game would be ruined for me if they don't have an epic multistage boss behind a door saying "once you enter you cannot return, do you wish to continue". I need the finale to be EPIC. I want to feel like I felt when I first played the final bosses in KH1 & KH2, I kept thinking it was over but then it just continued on and on, it was a great feeling and surprise because most games don't have multistage bosses like that, well at least most games I play don't lol.

So what would ruin it for you?

Last edited:

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
"once you enter you cannot proceed, do you wish to continue"

*giggles*
So I guess once you go through you are stuck in an endless time warp or sink into a vat of jello and can't move your feet to take a step forward?
I jest, I jest. I understand you probably meant "go back" but it's still funny.

I have a feeling the final boss is going to be pretty intense, I wouldn't worry about that. ^^

I'm not entirely sure if there is anything that would "ruin" the game for me...probably if Nomura decides to kill Sora but I doubt that considering during the TGS stage show he confirmed Sora's journey would still go on.
Herm...
Being completely 100% honest, I am really invested in SoraxKairi so I'll be kinda crushed if it doesn't happen. They've been my OTP for life, basically.
Will literally have an epic meltdown if Nomura decides to troll ALL the shippers and have Kairi get with Riku at the end. (I mean...I guess unless you are in to that particular pairing, then you'll prolly be happy).

I would also love to see more of Kairi.

Also being honest, I really like her character even as it is. I think people overlook her character just because she is off screen or has some "girly" attributes to her. But like...I'm girly myself so I don't really see the problem with that. I like pink and flowers, so what? (><)
She's brave, spunky, caring and really devoted to the people important to her. It's a shame some people overlook that.
THAT BEING SAID...
Woefully, woefully mistreated in KH3D.
They just...basically forgot she even existed in that game until the end like...oh crap, gotta shove her in there! And treat it as if it's some grand revelation that she even...lives? Can use a Keyblade? Like...okay thanks. Most underwhelming secret ending ever amirite?
It's a dang shame because there is such a sweet connection shown between her and Sora in Chain of Memories of all games where SHE ISN'T EVEN IN THE GAME (for explainable reasons) but yet a game where she honestly should have been a presence she's just kinda...not there?
WAAAASTE.
So yeah, if she is completely utterly ignored the entire game i will be kind of upset. I understand that the focus of 3D was to showcase Sora and Riku's friendship (at the expense of making Sora look ridiculous and have Kairi...poof), but now that that's HOPEFULLY fully established we can go into KH3 and actually have all three of them interacting together for a change.

Please? Pretty please? ><

Probably won't "ruin" the game. But I'll be unhappy.

Edit:

Maybe it's all been symbolic and I've been blind! Kairi has been established throughout the game series as being Sora's "light". So maybe he "fell to darkness" because she WASN'T THERE. Woooooooo conspiracyyyy.
It was all FOR A REASON, GUYS.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Probably Kairi not getting development that has nothing to do with her relationship to Sora. I’m confident we will get that in KH3. I’m just worried that it won’t be done properly.

Riku dying.

Skuld’s CG model not appearing in this game at all. Nomura, GIVE. ME. THE. DANDELIONS.

If Shinjuku is somehow represented in KH3 (because why even draw it on the cover?), that Nomura lets his salt come through here, too. I am begging on my hands and knees for this not to happen. /rant

The Dubstep opening and no FF characters comes very close.

How many times do people have to tell you he doesn’t make just dubstep music, and in fact has a very prolific EDM career that falls in line with something like the PLANIT-b remixes in KH1. He’s also a very well respected producer.

And again we don’t know anything about the status of FF characters in KH3. You are always so reactionary before anything even happens.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The only major thing that would be a strike against the game is absolutely no FF characters. But Nomura did promise new and older ones so we should see them eventually. Aside from that nothing else should bother me.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
The Dubstep opening and no FF characters comes very close.

I'm optimistic about the FF characters, personally! I think they are trying to go for the same vibe as the original KH where we had NO idea who the heck was going to show up.
Fun little references (like the little semi-nod to an early mini-boss in ff9) are also just as precious as characters imo and I have a feeling they are going to keep things like that alive.
They just want us to be surprised is all. It's way more fun to just be wandering around a world and suddenly! Rinoa or something.

That's my theory on why they haven't shown any of them yet.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Probably Kairi not getting development that has nothing to do with her relationship to Sora. I’m confident we will get that in KH3. I’m just worried that it won’t be done properly.

Riku dying.

Skuld’s CG model not appearing in this game at all. Nomura, GIVE. ME. THE. DANDELIONS.

If Shinjuku is somehow represented in KH3 (because why even draw it on the cover?), that Nomura lets his salt come through here, too. I am begging on my hands and knees for this not to happen. /rant

And again we don’t know anything about the status of FF characters in KH3. You are always so reactionary before anything even happens.
you might be right on kairi stuff as for riku i could see him leave and help other people who might stuggle like how he did before as for the ff characthers nothing been said yet they arent in the game but the only thing that will that disapoint me is sora get a power when he open the door

mytomxxx

Would not ruin, but even if it for a good reason, if they delay the game like 6 months, 1 year, I would be so upset =/

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I will say I'd prefer to unlock new keychains AFTER beating a level, not on arrival. Earning stuff is more fun and exciting. Won't ruin, but will be a blemish.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
The one thing that would absolutely ruin it for me is if Xehanort was actually oh so totally a good guy all along and this whooole tiiime his villainous acts were because he's been trying to stop some great evil from coming.

mytomxxx

The one thing that would absolutely ruin it for me is if Xehanort was actually oh so totally a good guy all along and this whooole tiiime his villainous acts were because he's been trying to stop some great evil from coming.

HAHA I can tottaly see this happening.

Now I'm kinda worried that it might happen.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think they would have to erase the narrative by saying it was all Sora’s dream or something. Beyond that, I chugged Nomura’s Kool-Aid a long time ago and now I’m just along for the ride.

mytomxxx

So yeah, if she is completely utterly ignored the entire game i will be kind of upset. I understand that the focus of 3D was to showcase Sora and Riku's friendship (at the expense of making Sora look ridiculous and have Kairi...poof), but now that that's HOPEFULLY fully established we can go into KH3 and actually have all three of them interacting together for a change.

I agree with you that if SoKai don't happen in this game I'll be mad haha, so much games teasing this to not happen grr.

But I'm pretty sure she will appear more in this game. Nomura said about her cutscenes with Axel/Lea showing up trough the game as a meanwhile.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Ruin is pretty dramatic, so I guess this game would have to not deliver on what it promises: the resolution of all those who are hurting. If we leave any one of our heroes in distress for a future installment. I can't see it happening, but if it does, it's not going to sit well with me. Any conceptual secret endings aside, KHIII should feel like a proper ending before we get a new beginning.

And Kairi. She needs to be written well this time around. It's kind of her last chance. I'm not waiting until KHIV.

If Shinjuku is somehow represented in KH3 (because why even draw it on the cover?), that Nomura lets his salt come through here, too.

That is curious. What do you think he might be ornery about by its inclusion? See you in Shibu Shinjuku~

WhinyAcademic

Awards
I don’t know that it would ruin the game for me, but I’d certainly be disappointed if certain supporting characters were left out of the game - well, namely, the Toy Story cast besides those we’ve seen. I’m not expecting the Potato Heads to put in an appearance, since they didn’t even appear in Toy Story 3’s video game (though they appeared in 2). Licensing issues and all or whatever.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Oh that's easy: interaction with the fandom
B-But I'm fandom...
sad-eyes-gif-9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back