• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would ruin the game for you?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sonickenshin

Awards
Yeah, fandom is one.

If any of the main voice actors are a drag to listen to, then that'd sour my experience. It won't RUIN it, but it'll feel like a drag. And BBS and 3D I was definitely feel that drag. And Osment still doesn't sound as good as he did in KHII and that Toy Story cutscenes are a drag too, so not a good sign for me.

But in terms of gameplay, if they add some random, required gimmick on anything that's more distracting than fun, then that's going to not be cool either. Or any sort of...game breaking glitches.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
B-But I'm fandom.

Not THAT part of the fandom, we all know what I mean lol
Fudge is the cure if something ruins KH3 for me. I'll think of her and her adoration for Mansex and my heart will be filled with light and darkness, perfectly balanced, as all things should be....................................... I'll stop. You got me xD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That is curious. What do you think he might be ornery about by its inclusion? See you in Shibu Shinjuku~

I’m mostly joking, but it is curious that XV had the Tokyo Metropolitan Governmenr Building, KH3 has the NTT DoCoMo Yoyogi Building...I have more to say but I can’t. I’d never do that to you, Rydgea.

Last edited:

Laurel

Awards
Ruins a bit of a harsh word, but I guess I would be disappointed if the conclusion was unsatisfying. We've waited so long for the conclusion of this saga and spent so many hours playing through these games, if it ended poorly like we still have unresolved plot threads, characters never getting saved like the Wayfinder trio, more convoluted things that won't be looked into until the next game, etc. Not everything has to be cleared up, but there has to be enough resolution to please the fans and make us say 'yes, the wait and time spent was worth it'

the red monster

Awards
Not giving roxas or ventus enough screen time since they look kinda late game.
won't ruin but will just disappoint me

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Riku dying is the only thing that would outright ruin it. I wouldn't like a SoKai heavy ending either, but it wouldn't break the game for me; I've prepared myself for that happening eventually. *shrug* Other character deaths (Isa, Namine, Aqua, Terra, etc.) would make me sad, but not ruin it for me as long as Sora and Riku are at the end of everything.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm surprised so many think Riku could kick the bucket. If anything the chances of that happening are slim since he is a fan favorite.

Then again he does resemble Noctis.......

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Honestly the only thing riku could do is explore the world on his own and help people who struggle like how he did

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Riku dying is the only thing that would outright ruin it. I wouldn't like a SoKai heavy ending either, but it wouldn't break the game for me; I've prepared myself for that happening eventually. *shrug* Other character deaths (Isa, Namine, Aqua, Terra, etc.) would make me sad, but not ruin it for me as long as Sora and Riku are at the end of everything.

Yeah. I was actually going to say SoKai myself, but it wouldn't ruin the game for me. I liked it when I was 11. At 27? Not so much. I'm expecting it, so I can't be upset by it.

Sora and Riku surviving to the end is all that matters. And maybe more moments between the two because they still haven't really been in the same place at once so they can interact more.

I'm surprised so many think Riku could kick the bucket. If anything the chances of that happening are slim since he is a fan favorite.

Then again he does resemble Noctis.......

I think the concern is born from the fact that Riku has had a very solid character arc. He has reached a level of self-actualization that leaves very little room for anymore character development. He's overcome all that he needed to overcome that personally affected him, and now he will be helping overs overcome their struggles. Characters like that tend to get death flags over their head.

I don't think any of us really believe Riku will die, but the fear is there when a game promises to turn everything on its head.

Honestly the only thing riku could do is explore the world on his own and help people who struggle like how he did

I could see that happening.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I'd be disappointed if the final boss is fought either alone or with a guest party member I don't give a hoot about...unless it's Kairi, I wouldn't mind fighting alongside her, that'd be lovely in fact. Otherwise, if I'm gonna have Donald and Goofy with me on the quest, then I better finish it with them!

Of course, this has nothing to do with the game being questionably 'ruined', as that's indeed a bit melodramatic.

robotman

Yeah, I totally get the concern about Riku dying, especially because the fans have talked a lot about characters not actually dying, so Nomura might want to kill of a main character for shock value and Riku is pretty much the perfect candidate.

I don't think that it'll happen, I think that he'll just end up going off alone somewhere, hence why we saw that scene of Sora and Kairi together at Destiny Island, that looked like an end game scene and it's very weird that Riku isn't with them as they're a trio.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Not THAT part of the fandom, we all know what I mean lol
Fudge is the cure if something ruins KH3 for me. I'll think of her and her adoration for Mansex and my heart will be filled with light and darkness, perfectly balanced, as all things should be....................................... I'll stop. You got me xD
lol I know~
If something happens, I'll always be here to fill you.

Wait that sounds dirty.

Cam

Well I wouldnt say it would ruin the game for me but I would hate the SoxKai thing, I really dont like romance so it would definitely be a sour point for me but I can easily skip it, that and anything bad happening to my mans Lea

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
This may sound silly but the game would be ruined for me if they don't have an epic multistage boss behind a door saying "once you enter you cannot return, do you wish to continue". I need the finale to be EPIC. I want to feel like I felt when I first played the final bosses in KH1 & KH2, I kept thinking it was over but then it just continued on and on, it was a great feeling and surprise because most games don't have multistage bosses like that, well at least most games I play don't lol.

So what would ruin it for you?

You must not play Final Fantasy games.

For me, the only things that would ruin the game for me is if the combat isn't satisfying and if the stories from all the games don't come together well. And it looks like they're delivering on both fronts... And many more.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
another sephiroth post-game fight... c'mon! I wanna see someone other than sephiroth as a bonus boss!

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I'm not sure anything could "ruin" the game per say, but I can think of some things that would heavily disappoint me.

> Xehanort turning out to not be the "true" villain. I swear to god if it turns out that the Master of Masters is actually the series' antagonist somehow, I will just groan.
> The final boss not being a large-scale multi-phase battle like KH1 and KH2.
> No SoKai scene. I don't need an over the top kissy scene or anything, but the connection between the two has been an important element of the story since the beginning and both KH1 and 2 had scenes that featured the cave drawing (KH2's was in the credits) so I would really like it if KH3 finally made the whole "sharing a paopu" thing come full circle after all this time.
> If the conclusion of this game doesn't feel satisfying. I know it's not the final game in the series and there will inevitably be some things not answered or left a mystery so that future games can explore those things. But if the current story, the conflict with Xehanort and all events adjacent to it, that we've been dealing with since the franchise began is not properly resolved and it feels lackluster, that's going to be a major letdown.
> Any sort of "It was all a dream" or "Time to reset the universe" type of ending.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
For me, it would be a weak, half baked ending. I'm in this for the story. Everything else to me is just fluff. I'm praying I didn't just wait 16 years for a series to have an unsatisfactory ending. The ending needs to be suspenseful, yet fulfilling. Endings are hard to nail. I just hope Nomura + story writers/planners got this down.

Zul

Awards
Ruin

1. Xehanort's master plan having been just part of someone else's master plan.
  2. Xehanort turning good.
  3. SRK vs evil/nort/darkling TAV.
  4. Any of SRK dying. Riku, being a master, can do things in LoD rather than needed to be directly in the plot of KH4 or dying.
  5. Kairi being KH2'd...or KH1'd.......or KH-Anything'd...yeah, she's been awful up to this point. If she got kidnapped I'd have to just sit there and facepalm for a solid minute before continuing.
  6. Xehanort not getting a proper sendoff, this is his last game, make it count.

Not "ruin" but more "ugh".
  1. Only Sora being playable, SE has employed tech to smoothly transition character control for 10+ years now, use it.
  2. Stupid dialogue like "Sora, Donald, Goofy!" x100.
  3. Team-Rocket Maleficent.
  4. Not enough interaction, especially villain-interaction. Ansem and Xemnas need to chit-chat, MX and Vanitas need to chit-chat, ANYTHING other than the stupid Dark Portal in when only SDG in the room--->Exposition-->Dark portal out.

Megavoltage

Awards
Any sort of "It was all a dream" or "Time to reset the universe" type of ending.
I'm super worried about this. If the universe gets reset that means we'll have to relive KH1 yet again. Wasn't CoM and Recoded enough? And if the universe gets reset I bet RAX and TAV will go back to sleeping/suffering and they'll need Sora to save them. The status quo is... eternal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back