• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would like you to see in next trailer for KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

.xone

Awards
Sequel to Days confirmed. 365/2 Days 2, enough ice cream to give you a stomach ache.

It's pretty much just Roxas having a hard time deciding which ice cream to get and the return of that BBS mini game.

a mini game with roxas in KH3? not bad..

Awards
He hasn't, but there was concept footage for drive forms at the fan event that was held either last year or the year before that. (The date escapes me.)
Actually he did say in an interview after E3 2015 that he was considering drive forms for KH3, mostly because he likes making new costumes or something.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
You do realize that was sarcasm, right?

Actually, think about it. Minigames are a must, too much plot non-stop becomes tiring after a while, hence in BBS for example you know we got the world with the catchiest silly music you will find yourself "lalala"-ing inevitably - Disney Town. And after a while, you might even reconsider if you really dislike the field theme or not, as an inner-player-plot-twist. I would like minigames with the original KH characters, but not like in KH2's intro... just not like that.
Well anyway, I wouldn't like to see minigames in any new trailer simply because trailer time is precious and it shouldn't be wasted on showing off fragments of minigames.

I would love to see other characters in the new trailers - Riku, Roxas, Ventus, Vanitas.. what I mean is I would like to see both Guardians of Light and Seekers of Darkness, even if just for a glimpse. I simply want to know they are there, though it's certain that they are there, for those who know the story, but a confirmation in an official trailer always is reassuring, somehow, + makes those caught up in the hype more excited, or those who follow the series for years will feel lovely nostalgia

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Can only second the bit about showing other characters.
Be it originals, FF cameos, classic Disney characters, doesn't really matter too much but they should definitely show some characters other than Sora, Donald and Goofy.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Riku!! Come on Square Enix, I have seen Sora now, I want something new. I'd also really like multiple playable characters confirmed soon, just so I can look forward to that.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Riku!! Come on Square Enix, I have seen Sora now, I want something new. I'd also really like multiple playable characters confirmed soon, just so I can look forward to that.
No, please not. I don't really like the idea of multiple characters or so..

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
This won't happen--because if it did it would be spoiling a possible plot point for Chi that hasn't even happened yet--but I want to know if whoever we play as in Chi might actually be important.

Like, I know that it's just supposed to be an undefined avatar that we're seeing the story through and nothing more, but lately I've been feeling like Nomura might somehow tie our playable character from Chi into KHIII.

It seems like something he'd do to me, actually. He's hinted again and again that anyone or anything in this series can grow a heart, or become their own person, so what better way to display that than through our random avatar that wasn't even supposed to have a certain look, gender, or personality to them?

Personally, I think there are ways he could accomplish just that (perhaps our character is secretly the Master of Masters and is therefore so powerful he or she can't even be perceived in just one way?), but we'll see:)

...Maybe, that is. This is all definitely an extreme "maybe" that'll probably never even amount to anything. (And yet I have my hopes up for such a thing regardless.)

Knowing Nomura, he's going to shoehorn the playable avatar in there somehow. He/she will probably be similar to the Warrior of Light from Dissidia: Final Fantasy. At the very least, I expect Ephemera to play a part in III's however indirectly.

I want the next trailer to show some interactions between Sora and Xehanort. They both need some good onscreen moments together.

Also, as others pointed out, gameplay and world reveals. Preferably both a new world and a returning one

I'm half expecting Sora and Young Xehanort to argue about the one thing the latter accused him of back in Dream Drop Distance with Sora telling Xehanort to stuff it because he lets people into his heart to help and preserve them while Xehanort forces himself unto other hearts to preserve himself.

Do a Frozen-World-Reveal and all them gonna be like
"YES KH BEST GAME GOTTA GET THIS WHOOOHOOO"

Ye.

But, seriously though:
A new world reveal, any world.
Show us gameplay
Maybe Kairi and Roxas?

That was a major missed opportunity in Dream Drop Distance. It was bad enough that Kairi wasn't even in the tower at all considering her promise to not get left behind again in Kingdom Hearts II, but that they barely reference her until the end is really sad. At the very least, it would have been nice to see her interacting with Roxas considering their last conversation was about her pestering him for Sora's name while he was falling off a freaking clock tower...

Actually, think about it. Minigames are a must, too much plot non-stop becomes tiring after a while, hence in BBS for example you know we got the world with the catchiest silly music you will find yourself "lalala"-ing inevitably - Disney Town. And after a while, you might even reconsider if you really dislike the field theme or not, as an inner-player-plot-twist. I would like minigames with the original KH characters, but not like in KH2's intro... just not like that.
Well anyway, I wouldn't like to see minigames in any new trailer simply because trailer time is precious and it shouldn't be wasted on showing off fragments of minigames.

I would love to see other characters in the new trailers - Riku, Roxas, Ventus, Vanitas.. what I mean is I would like to see both Guardians of Light and Seekers of Darkness, even if just for a glimpse. I simply want to know they are there, though it's certain that they are there, for those who know the story, but a confirmation in an official trailer always is reassuring, somehow, + makes those caught up in the hype more excited, or those who follow the series for years will feel lovely nostalgia

As long as they aren't as badly programmed as the PSP version of Birth by Sleep or as lyrically aggravating as Atlantica's songs in Kingdom Hearts II, I'm good for mini games. That, and you aren't required to play them all in order to get the inevitable secret ending on the higher difficulties.

Can only second the bit about showing other characters.
Be it originals, FF cameos, classic Disney characters, doesn't really matter too much but they should definitely show some characters other than Sora, Donald and Goofy.

Couldn't agree more with this. Thus far, the only characters we've seen aside from the main trio and some of the enemies (and Pegasus) were the younger incarnations of Eraqus and Xehanort.

I'm willing to bet that Riku will be playable to some extent. He's become too integral to the series not to.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Showing off San Fransokyo. I liked that when BH6 was revealed we were given a snippet of its plot (and concept art) but I want to see footage of this world.
Speaking of plot, all we have so far in terms of the main story shown is a clip of Young Xehanort and Eraqus. Give me a few clips from other scenes (that are not of them) and I'll be good.
Showing characters who are not named Sora, Donald, Goofy, Xehanort, or Eraqus. I'll take anyone.
Revealing one of two new worlds.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Since I'm getting playable Aqua in 0.2, all I want is playable Riku for KH3. That is all I want to see. Riku.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Since I'm getting playable Aqua in 0.2, all I want is playable Riku for KH3. That is all I want to see. Riku.
To be honest, I'd rather give the chance of being playable to somebody else. We already got to play Riku 3 times. (though that one at the end of KH II was only short)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
To be honest, I'd rather give the chance of being playable to somebody else. We already got to play Riku 3 times. (though that one at the end of KH II was only short)

If one wants to be even really nitpicky, probably the only original character which can be safely shoved aside/into the background for some time without taking lasting "damage" because of previous good development is Riku.
We got to know and see more about Riku than any other original character (except maybe Xehanort and Axel/Lea) so far, so if there is any character that doesn't need more focus, it's him.

---

Still, I sincerely hope this whole discussion does not get into yet another "multiple playable characters vs. Sora-only"-debate...<__<

Pestilence

Awards
I wouldn't be surprised if Sora (and maybe Aqua due to work put in 2.8) were the only major playable characters in KH3 and others would have their own DLC episodes. Due to the rising costs and time of development companies are hell bent on having a revenue stream other than the main sales and I think this is the best/most natural way of doing it. I just don't see microtransactions happening in a console KH game and ''Final Mix'' style of rerelease is more and more a relic in todays videogames.

Of course 0.2 is one of those new revenue types these days. They sell you a small slice of the game and seems that the consumers are pretty happy with the solution considering it's packaged with DDD. Ground Zeroes was a bit over the top for me when it came to the price.

Personally I'd actually be happy about less playable characters. It allows more focus when it comes to gameplay.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
But due to Riku's fairly big task in KH3 he's the only one that makes sense to get such a large role.

Also that's just what I want to see. I'm not trying to start a discussion of whether or not he or anyone else is or should be playable... it's just my desire.

If we want to discuss the subject of multiple characters and whether or not that's beneficial to the plot of KH3 we can make a thread for it. C: This thread is just for what we'd like to see.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Let's just not talk about this. Who wants to talk, can create a new thread. :D

.xone

Awards
Now I think of it SE rarely intend to show us in-game system in their complete trailers. unlike compile heart/Idea factory trailer, they always do it

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I really want characters other than SDG to be shown, too...

But here's my question to you guys: do you think that the trailers will keep up the idea of expanding on already established things little by little (like how the one E3 trailer from years back showed some of YMX and Eraqus' dialogue, then we got the scene with Sora in the library we would later realize those two had been having their conversation in, and finally this E3 we got the actual scene of young Master Xehanort and Eraqus in that library, discussing the Keyblade War), or do you think they'll start showing more random, new stuff that might not necessarily connect to the earlier stuff they've shown?

For instance, if they keep up the current theme, we could probably expect to see more from Tangled and Big Hero 6 in a few days. Do you think they'll do that? Or will they do something new entirely, and show us that kind of stuff: like characters that we haven't seen yet, plot elements, and new worlds?

Muke

whatever
Awards
Huh, good question. I seriously don't know which I would prefer.
Sure, it would be cool to see more of that one scene -- but I want new stuff, too.

I don't care either way, to be honest. :D

Venx

I would really like to see a frozen world + a bossbattle there, to see some more of the combat. Since Big Hero 6 gets a new story for KH3, I don't know what they would do with frozen. Battling a mad Elsa with her Icepowers in a bigger fight than the one we had with beast in KH2, would be pretty awesome. Release date, combat & 1 or 2 worlds are the only thing I care about in the trailers for KH3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back