• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would Kingdom Hearts 3D Be About?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperFreakyz

I think it mite be about Riku's point of view in the series. I don't know much about Kingdom Hearts 3D, so I'm just spit ballin' here

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Sora and Riku's Mark of Mastery Exam i think. But it will not take place in the past, Nomura says that Sora and Riku in old cloths was just a tech demo.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ this
its bout the MM exam

tho that could be just how the story starts out.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Sora and Riku's Mark of Mastery Exam i think.

From Re:coded's secret ending, maybe.
But I don't see the whole exam being a game.

But it will not take place in the past, Nomura says that Sora and Riku in old cloths was just a tech demo.

Nomura only said it takes place after Re:coded.
Nothing was said that the old clothes were just a tech demo, even though that's a definite possibility.

^ this
its bout the MM exam

tho that could be just how the story starts out.

Still, not confirmed, but possible.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I wonder why they didn't just use KH2 models for the tech demo. Seems like it wouldn't make much of a difference development wise.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Mark of Mastery Exam. Hopefully, what part of Xehanort(Terra) is left in Riku. Other things that I can't come with at the moment

Radar

Bronze Member
Nomura said something like how it isn't exactly sora's story..(anyone remember that line?) So that puts alot of emphasis on Riku.

Sempied

Nomura said something like how it isn't exactly sora's story..(anyone remember that line?) So that puts alot of emphasis on Riku.
He also said that the "Sora" in this game won't be the exact Sora were familiar with

Possibly revealing what part of Terra is really in Riku? As with the data inside Sora, with the MM Exam?

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I wonder why they didn't just use KH2 models for the tech demo. Seems like it wouldn't make much of a difference development wise.
Nomura said they made the tech demo explicitly to not reveal story information. If they were in their KH2 models that would have revealed that it took place after KH2.

He also said that the "Sora" in this game won't be the exact Sora were familiar with
That's not really what he said. What he said was more akin to "Except it isn't Sora that you are familiar with this time" which means that basically, the game will focus on a different character more. Not that Sora wouldn't be Sora.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nomura said they made the tech demo explicitly to not reveal story information. If they were in their KH2 models that would have revealed that it took place after KH2.

Orrrr that they have new outfits they want to keep secret :D :D :D

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I'm getting my hopes up for this game to be honest. (which could be a bad thing?) I just love the ideas that Nomura hinted towards.

venitus

if sora and riku are taking the mm exam i wonder if they will get armor too?

venitus

if they are taking the MM exam do u think they will get armor?

Grey

^ Possibly. I think it'd be totally awesome, but for one, that would render Gummi Ships useless for Sora, and two, it's not as if Terra, Ven, and Aqua received that armor for becoming Masters--they had that armor already. That armor could have just been customary for a Keyblade wielder since there was no alternative (besides Corridors of Darkness) back in Birth by Sleep's time.

Again, I think it'd be really, really sweet if Sora and Riku obtained armor, but I don't think it's necessary.

venitus

^ Possibly. I think it'd be totally awesome, but for one, that would render Gummi Ships useless for Sora, and two, it's not as if Terra, Ven, and Aqua received that armor for becoming Masters--they had that armor already. That armor could have just been customary for a Keyblade wielder since there was no alternative (besides Corridors of Darkness) back in Birth by Sleep's time.

Again, I think it'd be really, really sweet if Sora and Riku obtained armor, but I don't think it's necessary.

true. it sucks tho that they didnt show the master in his armor in the american version. that would have been an epic battle if him and terra had both had their armor on

Faris

Perfect Harmony
In reconnect when Yen Sid says that Xehanort might not be alone, do you think that hints at a Vanitas return? Or a new evil person?

Relix

A traveler
Awards
What if Yen Sid somehow makes it so Riku and Sora don't remember who the other is and they are forced to fend for themselves in the many worlds Yen Sid sends them and since they don't know each other there is a big trust factor that is played. Everyone seemed to be throwing ideas around, I just thought I'd throw a random one in there too.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
Yeah, considering Re:coded's secret ending, it's likely the Mark of Mastery Exam. Though I have a feeling that Yen Sid's will be different from Eraqus' (I'm sure they could make the MoM exam last a whole game, but they didn't for BBS because that wasn't the main focus of the game). I do expect a whole bunch of other stuff, seeing as Nomura said KH3D would shatter our perceptions of the KH series. Story-wise, It'll be a real head spinner, I'm sure.

If MX is not alone, then there are a few options for who he's working with. Vanitas isn't one since he rejoined with Ventus' Heart, which is now inside Sora's. Braig is a viable choice, though how he would return would be an interesting conundrum. The last and most plausible choice is the man underneath the Mysterious Figure's Hood. Let's face it, we all wanna know who he is, and him showing up in KH3D as MX's new partner will be the soonest and most interesting way of unveiling his identity. That's my opinion, anywho.

Sora and Riku netting their own Armor would certainly be awesome, but there are a few things that might hinder that possibility. At least right now, while such a thing is likely being spitballed in concept over at SE (Nomura may be thinking about this, too. You never know). First off, what would Sora's Keyblade Ride look like, and which Keyblade would morph into it? I can't really think of what the Kingdom Key would look like as one, and that's the one Keyblade Sora has in every game he shows up in. Oathkeeper is another possibility, but seeing as Kairi probably wants her Lucky Charm back, not a permanent one. Also, if Sora gets Armor and a Keyblade Ride, what will Donald and Goofy do? Follow behind him in a Gummi Ship (Let's face it, there probably isn't enough room on a Keyblade Ride for all three of them...)? That would just look awkward (Though I'm sure it would be funny as hell, whipping them around on the World Map for visual kicks). These things require a lot of thought...It's a possibility, but there's a bunch of things that must be taken into consideration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back