• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would have happened if Ven`s heart was active?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
So after BBS Ven`s heart was fractured and it went to sleep inside Sora to heal. In KH1 Sora stabs himself with the dark Keyblade, and creates his nobody Roxas. Ven`s heart is transferred to this Nobody, making Roxas look like Ven. Because Sora time as a Heartless was so short, Roxas does not have any memories from his past life.
So even when Ven`s heart was asleep, it was still able to shape the appearance of the body(since hearts shape our appearance) . The question is what would have happened if Ven`s heart was active inside Roxas? Would Roxas have all Ven´s memories? Would that have any affect at all, or would Ven`s heart simply return to his original body?

Emperor

Ven's heart awakens inside of Roxas after Xion's demise - he's the reason Roxas can dual wield. I don't think Ven's awakening gave Roxas his memories, and if it did, Roxas paid no attention to it.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Maybe? We know some of Kairi's memories bled into Sora's as seen in Deep Jungle with the slideshow. However I'm sure Roxas would have still grown his own heart regardless of Ven's interference, and still be separate from him.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I don't think so, and this is why:

When Kairi's heart was in Sora, it stirred but only when triggered and even then Kairi's entire personhood didn't come to the forefront.

Likewise, Ven, Roxas, and Xion have all been active in Sora at various times but Sora didn't get all of Roxas's memories until Roxas willed it long after they forged in 3D.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i didn't think ven's heart went to roxas? i had assumed he was able to wield the keyblade thanks to sora and ventus being part of him, however, growing his own heart (and absorbing xion's) gave him the ability to dual wield? isn't the reason sora can dual wield due to his heart and ven's?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
i didn't think ven's heart went to roxas? i had assumed he was able to wield the keyblade thanks to sora and ventus being part of him, however, growing his own heart (and absorbing xion's) gave him the ability to dual wield? isn't the reason sora can dual wield due to his heart and ven's?
Ven's heart was in Roxas's body, that's why Roxas looks like Ven.

Roxas's first Keyblade is Sora's, and his second is Ven's. Roxas gained it when Xion's death triggered Ven's heart to stir in him. Roxas may have grown his own heart, but neither of his Keyblades are because of it.

Anagram

Banned
The question is what would have happened if Ven`s heart was active inside Roxas? Would Roxas have all Ven´s memories? Would that have any affect at all, or would Ven`s heart simply return to his original body?

I'm thinkin Roxas would've either became just a second body for Ventus or the heart would've left leaving behind a much more Sora-like nobody in appearance but still with memory loss and eventual personality.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
If it was active at the time of Sora turning the Keyblade on himself, it likely would have left his body and Sora would've created three Nobodies lol.

Anagram

Banned
If it was active at the time of Sora turning the Keyblade on himself, it likely would have left his body and Sora would've created three Nobodies lol.

KH3 plot twist; he already did~
lol I shouldn't joke, that'd be the kinda crap Nomura would try

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Roxas would probably have even more weird dreams than he normally does. Depending on the activity level there is probably point where Ven's heart might try to overtake the body in order to either just have a new body, or force it's way out. This of course will cause Roxas like his somebody Sora, to need a long sleep to survive this internal chaos.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
So after BBS Ven`s heart was fractured and it went to sleep inside Sora to heal. In KH1 Sora stabs himself with the dark Keyblade, and creates his nobody Roxas. Ven`s heart is transferred to this Nobody, making Roxas look like Ven. Because Sora time as a Heartless was so short, Roxas does not have any memories from his past life.
So even when Ven`s heart was asleep, it was still able to shape the appearance of the body(since hearts shape our appearance) . The question is what would have happened if Ven`s heart was active inside Roxas? Would Roxas have all Ven´s memories? Would that have any affect at all, or would Ven`s heart simply return to his original body?

If Ven's heart would have been active and healthy, it would probably have behaved much like Kairi's heart did during KH 1.

Ven's heart didn't get "transferred" to the Nobody though, it stayed with the Nobody as in remaining inside Sora's body which was eventually inhabited by the newborn Roxas, as it was the only one of the hearts inside Sora to not be released.

Ven's heart awakens inside of Roxas after Xion's demise - he's the reason Roxas can dual wield. I don't think Ven's awakening gave Roxas his memories, and if it did, Roxas paid no attention to it.

That is only speculation.
The only thing that was definitely confirmed is that Roxas accidentally accessed Ven's heart and unlocked Ven's Keyblade, it is never stated that Ven's heart was actually awakened or otherwise made active.
The first confirmed instance of Ven's heart being truly stirred is in DDD when Young Xehanort confronts Sora in the Notre Dame cathedral. The very first truly active action of Ven's heart is during the ending of Sora's story in DDD when he allows Sora to borrow his armor.

I don't think so, and this is why:

When Kairi's heart was in Sora, it stirred but only when triggered and even then Kairi's entire personhood didn't come to the forefront.

Likewise, Ven, Roxas, and Xion have all been active in Sora at various times but Sora didn't get all of Roxas's memories until Roxas willed it long after they forged in 3D.

This I'd say is the most logical interpretation, although Ven's heart would probably have acted much more like Kairi's heart rather than the newly grown ones of Roxas and Xion. Unlike those two, Ventus also does not originate from Sora and his situation would be therefore also more similar to Kairi's.

Ven's heart was in Roxas's body, that's why Roxas looks like Ven.

Exactly, and "Roxas'" body is in actuality Sora's original body and soul which got warped to look more like Ven because it was the only heart remaining.

Yep, then we would probably have got a second "Naminé"-like being as in a "Nobody" created by a different heart leaving Sora's body and using it as an intermediary.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Ven's heart didn't get "transferred" to the Nobody though, it stayed with the Nobody as in remaining inside Sora's body which was eventually inhabited by the newborn Roxas, as it was the only one of the hearts inside Sora tonot be released.

Oh shoot, I always forget about this. It is actually Sora`s body walking around, with the appearance of Ventus. For a few years I had thought that a separate body had been made, but this is not the case. This blew my mind when I realized a few years ago.

Hmm, and of course like other have said, the similar state in which Kairi was in KH1 could really well represent the outcome. Dang it, how I did not think of that.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Oh shoot, I always forget about this. It is actually Sora`s body walking around, with the appearance of Ventus. For a few years I had thought that a separate body had been made, but this is not the case. This blew my mind when I realized a few years ago.

Hmm, and of course like other have said, the similar state in which Kairi was in KH1 could really well represent the outcome. Dang it, how I did not think of that.

If you want to be 100% nitpicky about it, yes, it is Sora's old/original body that gets hauled around by Roxas, shaped to look like Ventus (except the eyebrows, as these remain brown).
The games themselves do not really help with the issue though as after Kairi restored Sora back from being a Heartless, Sora clearly had a physical vessel/body as well as Roxas did at the same time.
Whatever that "vessel" is/was (some fans coined the term PPS = Projected Physical Shell), it certainly functioned apparently just the same as Sora's old body and reacted to things (like i.e. getting kicked by Larxene) just like any normal body would.

It is simply unknown by all available means what exactly this new vessel of Sora is/was, it might indeed be a new, separate body or something else.
For the issue with Ven's heart though it is imperative to keep in mind that Sora is the one with a new physical vessel (whatever it is) after Kairi restores him, his old body is Roxas and that's where Ven's heart is.

That's the case for the time of KH 1, yes.
Now if one wants to theorize and contemplate "what ifs" a bit more, maybe one should look at the fact that while Kairi's heart entered Sora during the events of KH 1 itself, Ven's heart had been there since Sora was four years old, meaning for ten years. If it had been always active and healthy, Sora would probably have had contact with it much earlier during his childhood.
Of course, strictly spoken if Ven's heart truly had been active and healthy it probably would still be in its own body and not inside Sora at all.
After all, the fact that the heart was so badly wounded was the driving point behind the whole issue in the first place.
Sora felt the pain through the already forged connection between them and on Riku's suggestion called out which eventually led Ven's heart there.
Kairi's heart sought Sora out because he was the nearest heart in the vicinity at the crucial moment as it was in danger and seeked protection, Ven's heart however was proactively contacted by kid-Sora across world-borders and provided a resting place.

Anagram

Banned

To be honest that would've been a far simpler route that I think would've been better to take. Fun thought, if you think about it, a separate body was made but for Sora rather than Roxas. lol

If you want to be 100% nitpicky about it, yes, it is Sora's old/original body that gets hauled around by Roxas, shaped to look like Ventus (except the eyebrows, as these remain brown).
The games themselves do not really help with the issue though as after Kairi restored Sora back from being a Heartless, Sora clearly had a physical vessel/body as well as Roxas did at the same time.
Whatever that "vessel" is/was (some fans coined the term PPS = Projected Physical Shell), it certainly functioned apparently just the same as Sora's old body and reacted to things (like i.e. getting kicked by Larxene) just like any normal body would.

It is simply unknown by all available means what exactly this new vessel of Sora is/was, it might indeed be a new, separate body or something else.
For the issue with Ven's heart though it is imperative to keep in mind that Sora is the one with a new physical vessel (whatever it is) after Kairi restores him, his old body is Roxas and that's where Ven's heart is.
Personally I've always preferred the notion that Sora's heartless form was changed into a human one. However I guess that's still the same thing in a way. The heartless body is the projected/released darkness "made real".

If I remember my old KHI days right the projected shell bit was spurred on by Riku's final mix scene wasn't it?

Sorakh212

Awards
The problem with your question is that you're dealing with too many hypotheticals and gray areas. I think it would have been interesting to see Ven's heart react inside Roxas, but obviously that never happened. The closest thing that did was when Xigbar saw Ven when fighting Xion and even that's a bit of a stretch/longshot. Ven is basically comatose for lack of a better word and it takes some kind of dive to the heart, like Riku does with Sora in DDD, and even then so you have to fight or conquer the darkness inside. Vens case is unique in the sense that his heart is fractured and resting in Sora. It will be interesting to see how they remedy that whole situation in KH3 though that's for sure and having Roxas meet Ven would be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back