• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What worlds do you NOT want to see in a future game? w/explination

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I agree with the notion of no live action, only really applying to the remakes of animated properties. That said there arent too many successful or well known live action Disney movies I know of.
There are a couple of live-action Disney films I could see being implemented in future KH games besides just Pirates of the Caribbean and Tron, but I think they have to be films that are on the Fantasy, Adventure or Sci-Fi genre like Pirates and Tron, instead of being live-action films that are grounded in normal settings (e.g. Newsies, Prom, High School Musical, Old Yeller, Herbie, etc.) such as the following films:
  • Mary Poppins (the original 1964 film or Mary Poppins Returns)
  • 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
  • Oz, the Great and Powerful
  • The Sorcerer's Apprentice (2010 film)
  • The Nutcracker and the Four Realms
Mary Poppins (depending if they used the original 1964 film or Mary Poppins Returns) could be an interesting addition to the KH franchise and while it's unlikely we may get Cherry Tree Lane as a world, I could see Mary Poppins be a character residing in Twilight Town or Radiant Garden and perhaps some of the animated segments like the Chalk from the original film and the Pottery vase (Royal Doulton Hall) that Sora and the Gang will go in with Mary make for fun mini-games in place of the ones we got in KH3 and the minigames from 100 Acre Wood.

20,000 Leagues and Oz are also interesting additions for live-action worlds to be implemented for the KH series as the former does have a following and is well-known classic Sci-Fi adventure film that would work extremely well, plus a boss fight against a Giant squid.

For Oz, the Great and Powerful, while it has received divisive reception, it was one of Disney's most recent successful live-action films outside of the Pirates films and the environment and locations of Oz could make for some interesting level designs even the Dark Forest screams KH level:

As for Sorcerer's Apprentice and Nutcracker, unfortunately given that these films performed badly at the Box office, it seems like those films might not be worlds, unless if Nomura and the developers are a fan of these films and want to have them implemented as worlds.

Also, we got the upcoming Jungle Cruise movie, while it's too early to tell how audience will think of this world, I'd be surprised to see this be implemented for the next KH game before KHIV or in KHIV, much like how Tron: Legacy which came out in 2010 while Dream Drop Distance was still in development eventually became a word 2 years after the film came out and Big Hero 6 got included in Kingdom Hearts III just a year after its movie came out in 2014.

I also think the live-action Alice in Wonderland and Maleficent could be the Only live-action remake worlds to be implemented in the KH series.

Noivern

Awards
You know, I find it so funny how everyone is so terribly against Marvel properties being used as a world because I assume It comes from the mindset of using the cinematic universe or even adapting the entire comic world of 616 into Kingdom Hearts, when there is nothing suggesting that would be the case.. lol.

Personally I could see and enjoy a stand alone world based on Spider-Man (preferably Miles, but Peter is ok too).

As for what I DON'T want to see having a comeback, Halloween Town (replaying the franchise really changed my thoughts on it and it became my most disliked world, only really enjoying the songs and the transformation for SDG.), the live action worlds and Tron.

As for what I personally want? Moana, Princess and the Frog and Brave.

IMO, I know some people may be hurt by this but I think it's not really our place to be so butthurt about the Disney side of games because (I'm assuming) most of us are grown ups and, while we still get to enjoy and have opinions on movies aimed for kids, newer movies just aren't part of our childhood and that's a big key difference when it comes down to Kingdom Hearts.

It's not just about being a game about the magic of Disney being handled with the same fantasy of a Square Enix JRPG, but about the nostalgia we all had from seeing all of the worlds and characters that made our childhood special being portrayed in those games. And so I would like for newer games to feature movies from the newer generations as those are the movies kids nowadays are growing up with. I want them to be able to experience Kingdom Hearts going forward with the same magic I got to feel as a kid myself.

(And before someone says that kids still watch older cartoons and can grown attached to them: you are absolutely correct! but it's just not something they'll grown around compared to Wreck It Ralph or Frozen. My young nephews didn't recognize the world's from KH2 when they watched me play it, but we're absolutely enchanted in seeing the ones from 3, for example.)

disney233

Awards
You know, I find it so funny how everyone is so terribly against Marvel properties being used as a world because I assume It comes from the mindset of using the cinematic universe or even adapting the entire comic world of 616 into Kingdom Hearts, when there is nothing suggesting that would be the case.. lol.

Personally I could see and enjoy a stand alone world based on Spider-Man (preferably Miles, but Peter is ok too).

I understand the point you came across, and I kinda get the feeling that that's how it's going to be in the upcoming games, in regards to the newer movies. I myself personally don't see the really old films getting a chance anymore. Worlds based around Robin Hood or The Great Mouse Detective or the aforementioned Jungle Book. I kinda have doubts that it'll show up at this point. There are MANY worlds that can work, based upon Modern Disney & Pixar. And though people are completely against it, Fox kinda gives the opportunity to introduce Anastasia to the series.

Now, onto the highlighted point, I think the reason why people aren't so keen on Marvel because it wouldn't fit. I guess it would seem strange to see Donald and Goofy fight with characters like the Hulk or Spider-Man. Plus it would be I guess...strange and almost laughable for Donald and Goofy to be fighting Thanos or Loki.

In hindsight, Donald & Goofy fighting alongside the avengers isn't as out of place as Donald & Goofy fighting alongside Jack Sparrow. So, if the Avengers evidently make it into the series, I'd be neutral on it. Now Dr. Strange however, I'd welcome with open arms.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

Well I feel like the best way to incorporate Marvel would be to create a KH original incarnation drawing upon the movies and comics like any of the good Marvel cartoons of years past did. You'd have to simplify it and avoid the cosmology.

But an issue I have is how would you go about it? It's almost impossible to do without letting fans down, seeing it's a universe/world of protagonists. If Spider-Man is the party member and the Avengers feature then the X-Men fans would feel slighted and vise versa.

Also I feel like if they included Marvel they'd have an extra layer of bureaucracy they'd have to deal with like with Pixar. The good thing about a Marvel world would be that there's a lot to mine and you could keep returning to it.

IMO, I know some people may be hurt by this but I think it's not really our place to be so butthurt about the Disney side of games because (I'm assuming) most of us are grown ups and, while we still get to enjoy and have opinions on movies aimed for kids, newer movies just aren't part of our childhood and that's a big key difference when it comes down to Kingdom Hearts.

I honestly feel like building upon the more recent Disney Movies makes sense, with a lot of them having a more action, fantasy or adventure take on them they'd fit in better than a lot of the older movies.

Still I feel like keeping it balanced would be a smart way to go about it. I'd keep the new games for the bigger installments and use some of the older movies for "side games".

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Well I feel like the best way to incorporate Marvel would be to create a KH original incarnation drawing upon the movies and comics like any of the good Marvel cartoons of years past did. You'd have to simplify it and avoid the cosmology.

But an issue I have is how would you go about it? It's almost impossible to do without letting fans down, seeing it's a universe/world of protagonists. If Spider-Man is the party member and the Avengers feature then the X-Men fans would feel slighted and vise versa.

Also I feel like if they included Marvel they'd have an extra layer of bureaucracy they'd have to deal with like with Pixar. The good thing about a Marvel world would be that there's a lot to mine and you could keep returning to it.
Honestly, my main issues on having Marvel and Star Wars in Kingdom Hearts is not shoehorning them but also having the characters (especially the Star Wars characters) knowing about the existence of worlds outside of their own, because in most of the KH games, the majority of the Disney characters residing in their worlds, with some exceptions (Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Maleficent, the Summons, Stitch, etc.) don't know about the existence of worlds. I just don't want to have The Galactic Empire/First Order, or Thanos and the Children of Thanos to become another recurring villain to know about the existence of other worlds and conquer them, just leave that to Xehanort, Organization XIII, Xigbar and Maleficent and Pete.

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Honestly, my main issues on having Marvel and Star Wars in Kingdom Hearts is not shoehorning them but also having the characters (especially the Star Wars characters) knowing about the existence of worlds outside of their own, because in most of the KH games, the majority of the Disney characters residing in their worlds, with some exceptions (Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Maleficent, the Summons, Stitch, etc.) don't know about the existence of worlds. I just don't want to have The Galactic Empire/First Order, or Thanos and the First Order to become another recurring villain to know about the existence of other worlds and conquer them, just leave that to Xehanort, Organization XIII, Xigbar and Maleficent and Pete.
Well the inclusion of those properties would require a better definition of what worlds in KH are. Seeing the Other Sky/Ocean between Worlds has also been called interspace I feel they'd just have to confirm that each world is it's own Dimension/universe.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Well the inclusion of those properties would require a better definition of what worlds in KH are. Seeing the Other Sky/Ocean between Worlds has also been called interspace I feel they'd just have to confirm that each world is it's own Dimension/universe.
Exactly, but worlds in the KH universe are divided into several categories: The Realm of Light (Where most of the main worlds (original and Disney) reside in the KH series), Realms Between (Twilight Town, Mysterious Tower, Traverse Town), Sleeping Worlds (Worlds that were not restored by Sora after defeating Ansem, Seeker of Darkness in the first KH), Sub worlds (100 Acre Wood, Space Paranoids), and the Datascape/Data worlds (Worlds from Jiminy's Journal in Coded and those from Union X). I don't know how Marvel and especially Star Wars fit in, as the latter is it's own Galaxy and has thousands of Planets from Star Wars Legends and Canon continuity, it will be outrageous just having them in The Realm of Light as the other worlds.

The same can be said for the live-action remake of the animated films (e.g. Aladdin, Maleficent, Alice in Wonderland, Lion King etc.) IF they appear cause I can't envision the live-action remake living in the Realm of Light as the animated counterparts.

Still I feel like keeping it balanced would be a smart way to go about it. I'd keep the new games for the bigger installments and use some of the older movies for "side games".
I think if we're going by the Disney worlds for the next KH game they could be thematically reminiscent to the Disney worlds we got in Dream Drop Distance where it focuses on some of the lesser known and/or slightly recent Disney films and ones you were expecting to appear in KH3 and in previous titles but didn't end up in the actual game. The next KH game (before KHIV) will mainly consist of Wreck-It Ralph, Coco, Treasure Planet, Brave, Jungle Book (1967), Atlantis, Dumbo (1941), the live-action Alice in Wonderland and maybe the upcoming Jungle Cruise.

For KHIV, I see it just consisting of the more recent films released by Disney (e.g. Moana, Raya and the Last Dragon, Zootopia, Incredibles (set after the 2nd film), Onward) with some returning favorites (e.g. Agrabah, 100 Acre Wood, Toy Box, Arendelle)

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Exactly, but worlds in the KH universe are divided into several categories: The Realm of Light (Where most of the main worlds (original and Disney) reside in the KH series), Realms Between (Twilight Town, Mysterious Tower, Traverse Town), Sleeping Worlds (Worlds that were not restored by Sora after defeating Ansem, Seeker of Darkness in the first KH), Sub worlds (100 Acre Wood, Space Paranoids), and the Datascape/Data worlds (Worlds from Jiminy's Journal in Coded and those from Union X). I don't know how Marvel and especially Star Wars fit in, as the latter is it's own Galaxy and has thousands of Planets from Star Wars Legends and Canon continuity, it will be outrageous just having them in The Realm of Light as the other worlds.
Yeah, there's a lot of places in KH that worlds can fall into. Some of which could theoretically house worlds that otherwise don't fit.

Technically each World would have a whole Galaxy, which the solar system of Olympus in KH3 kinda supprts this theory.

That said none of them are as fleshed out or developed as Star War's or Marvel's.

The same can be said for the live-action remake of the animated films (e.g. Aladdin, Maleficent, Alice in Wonderland, Lion King etc.) IF they appear cause I can't envision the live-action remake living in the Realm of Light as the animated counterparts.
Yeah, I can't imagine parallel worlds being a thing in the realm of light, but i wouldn't rule out the possibility. Still with the datascape and Castle Oblivion's memory worlds we've had our share of alternative worlds in the realm of light... technically at least.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
worlds like Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Haunted Mansion, Oz the Great and Powerful, The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, Narnia? I would DEFINITELY want them in.
I wouldn't get your hopes up on Narnia cause while Disney did do the film adaptations of The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe and Prince Caspian, the rights to the series of books are owned by the C.S. Lewis Estate (including his family) so that requires secondary rights permission from them.

Same can be said for James and the Giant Peach, The BFG and A Wrinkle in Time, those films are based on books that are owned by the author's estate and family so I wouldn't expect those to become worlds anytime soon, especially the former two given that Roald Dahl's family (including his widow) are very protective of his work being adapted and changed, plus the film rights to James and The BFG aren't owned by Disney in some European Markets.

I also think Enchanted is the MOST difficult to be implemented into Kingdom Hearts, given that it's set in NYC (which seems to be a seeting used frequent in a lot of Disney movies) and other than Giselle learning to adapt to her surroundings in the real world compared to when she lived in Andalasia, their isn't really too much conflict happening other than the conflicts being Prince Edward trying to bring Giselle back to Andalasia, and Nathaniel trying to poison Giselle with a poison apple by orders of Narissa only to fail. Even Queen Narissa doesn't become a huge conflict until the climax of the film, after Nathaniel fails to poison Giselle.

2 quid is good

Awards
Contrary to a lot of people here, I would outright severely dislike a Ralph world, it's fine in ux, nobody cares about UX, but please don't bring it over to the main games. I don't have any valid reasons at all for this except that I really dislike the characters in the film, even though I thought the premise was interesting. Personally I think much better films are more deserving of the treatment Ralph is getting. I've seen people's justifications for a Ralph World but it still doesn't click for me, at this point I'm just a hater. You can try to change my mind but I'd tell you to save your breath, it's pure personal biases that motivate this post XD

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Contrary to a lot of people here, I would outright severely dislike a Ralph world, it's fine in ux, nobody cares about UX, but please don't bring it over to the main games. I don't have any valid reasons at all for this except that I really dislike the characters in the film, even though I thought the premise was interesting. Personally I think much better films are more deserving of the treatment Ralph is getting. I've seen people's justifications for a Ralph World but it still doesn't click for me, at this point I'm just a hater. You can try to change my mind but I'd tell you to save your breath, it's pure personal biases that motivate this post XD
Well I think I know who your favorite Link Summon in KH3 was after reading this, lol.

In all seriousness I get having a world you just don't want to see in KH regardless the situation. I can respect that.

2 quid is good

Awards
Well I think I know who your favorite Link Summon in KH3 was after reading this, lol.

In all seriousness I get having a world you just don't want to see in KH regardless the situation. I can respect that.
I'm out here blindly hating, I have no reasons whatsoever XD

I'm sorry if anyone thought I was above this =P

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm not going to specifically name any worlds at the moment, but rather I will say that I do not want worlds that will NOT enhance the storyline of that specific game. For example: As much as I love Mulan, Land of Dragons was wasted in KH2 because it didn't serve any purpose whatsoever to the overall plot.

I think that the KH team needs to select worlds based on how they can help storytelling for the main plot, rather than just filling in Disney nostalgia or what's popular.

Now, I think naming worlds that you do not want would be solely based on whether you like those films or not. I mean, I didn't want The Caribbean in KH3 because I don't like the Pirates films at all, yet The Caribbean ended up being one of my favourite worlds in KH3. I also loved Monsters Inc. but was hesitant for it to be a world because I didn't think it could do anything worthwhile, and then I really loved the integration of the world with the main plot. So I could name worlds that I don't want solely based on their films, like Wonderland, Olympus, The Caribbean, Tron, but if they use the world really well, it will change my opinion.

Basically, I'm down for any Disney world once it's used and done well. Sure, I will be biased for movies that I love over ones I don't (like wanting Atlantica over The Caribbean), but at this point I'm all about using the worlds right.

A bigger issue over not wanting worlds based on films you don't like should actually be using worlds that Disney will allow the villain to fight/be the boss of the world. If I had to choose between an Inside Out (film I love) world with a giant heartless boss fight and a Wonderland Red Queen boss fight (do not like Alice in Wonderland), I would prefer the Red Queen boss fight even though I don't like the Wonderland films. I think the KH team should focus on picking worlds that thematically fit the main plot AND Disney will allow their villains to fight in those worlds.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Honestly, because of this upcoming film Raya and the Last Dragon

I think Mulan is officially done.
Not to mention that this, Pride Lands and Space Paranoids haven't been making ANY appearances since Kingdom Hearts II.

But I think the main reason I don't want Land of Dragons to return is just how Mushu acted like a Malicious Jerk in the sequel. Can you imagine just having the world following the plot of the sequel and just have it be Sora, Donald and Goofy trying to stop Mushu for trying to break up Mulan and Shang's relationship, I bet, Sora would be disgusted with Mushu's actions.

I'm not going to specifically name any worlds at the moment, but rather I will say that I do not want worlds that will NOT enhance the storyline of that specific game. For example: As much as I love Mulan, Land of Dragons was wasted in KH2 because it didn't serve any purpose whatsoever to the overall plot.

I think that the KH team needs to select worlds based on how they can help storytelling for the main plot, rather than just filling in Disney nostalgia or what's popular.
You took the words out of my mouth, I mean even the same can be said about Tangled, while I enjoyed the movie, I find Kingdom of Corona to be wasted in KH3 mostly during the world's 2nd 3rd act in my unpopular opinion due to how Sora, Donald and Goofy stood out like a "sore thumb", removing mentioning of the golden flower and changing Flynn/Eugene's character. Lastly regardless if the world brought up the "New Seven Hearts" (as Rapunzel is one of them) and Marluxia thematically fit the world, neither Rapunzel and Mother Gothel respectively never brought up his name again for the remainder after their first encounter of him. At least Xaldin was handled much better in Beast's Castle than Marluxia. lol

Also it seems that when it comes to the Disney worlds they choose in the KH game it all comes down to:
  • Which worlds do Nomura and the development team want in the game.
  • The themes the Disney or Pixar film have in common to the theme of the specific KH game (e.g. Friendship, Trust, Connections, Promises, etc.)
  • The gameplay value, variety and environment that the world can offer.
  • Disney giving Requests and suggestions to which Films they want to see added in the game to Nomura and the team (e.g. Big Hero 6 in KH3)
  • Which Disney worlds they want to reuse again for the game (be it for the story, the themes that the world based on the film has with the KH game in general, Sora's growth, variety etc..).
I mean personally I thought that Kingdom Hearts II was the last time we saw Olympus/Olympus Coliseum given that Sora, Donald and Goofy are now heroes as their constellations appeared in the night sky and afterward's it came back to KH3 but with Mt. Olympus and Thebes explorable and I love it's expansion.

Plus some worlds were very questionable and were just added either for Fan demand (e.g. Hallowen Town) or were just put in regardlees if that film didn't shared the themes with that specific KH game like The Hunchback of Notre Dame world from DDD felt more like a KH1 or KH2 world, mainly the latter given that half of the worlds in KH2 consisted of films from the Disney Renaissance (e.g. Lion King, Mulan, etc.) and some of the worlds like Beast's Castle, Land of Dragons and Pride Lands where just worlds added in the game because their worlds were destroyed by the Heartless in the first game and the latter two worlds had Simba and Mushu who first started out as summons for Sora in KH1, not because those films share the same themes to KH2.

For Monster's Inc., while I'm happy it's now a world, I think this should have been a world released earlier in the KH series like Dream Drop Distance or BBS, mainly the former instead of KH3 cause I was expecting a Pixar world to appear even before KH3.

Basically, I'm down for any Disney world once it's used and done well. Sure, I will be biased for movies that I love over ones I don't (like wanting Atlantica over The Caribbean), but at this point I'm all about using the worlds right.

A bigger issue over not wanting worlds based on films you don't like should actually be using worlds that Disney will allow the villain to fight/be the boss of the world. If I had to choose between an Inside Out (film I love) world with a giant heartless boss fight and a Wonderland Red Queen boss fight (do not like Alice in Wonderland), I would prefer the Red Queen boss fight even though I don't like the Wonderland films. I think the KH team should focus on picking worlds that thematically fit the main plot AND Disney will allow their villains to fight in those worlds.
To be fair, Inside Out didn't had a "villain" just a conflict (Joy trying to make Riley feel "Happy" and preventing Sadness from doing her job, and Anger unknowingly hindering Joy and Sadness from reaching headquarters).

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
To be fair, Inside Out didn't had a "villain" just a conflict (Joy trying to make Riley feel "Happy" and preventing Sadness from doing her job, and Anger unknowingly hindering Joy and Sadness from reaching headquarters).
Prior to the reveal of Monsters Inc., I was thinking an Inside Out world would take place in Ven's mind & feature his version of the 5 emotions (who would all conveniently be identical to Riley's) A lingering memory of Vanitas would serve as the world's boss, kidnapping the 4 negative emotions to fuel his powers & trigger Vanitas' will taking over Ven's body again.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Not to mention that this, Pride Lands and Space Paranoids haven't been making ANY appearances since Kingdom Hearts II.

But I think the main reason I don't want Land of Dragons to return is just how Mushu acted like a Malicious Jerk in the sequel. Can you imagine just having the world following the plot of the sequel and just have it be Sora, Donald and Goofy trying to stop Mushu for trying to break up Mulan and Shang's relationship, I bet, Sora would be disgusted with Mushu's actions.
Look on the bright side, maybe they can give us a Mushu boss fight. Who wouldn't want to smack around a Eddie Murphy red dragon with a Keyblade, right?

disney233

Awards
Look on the bright side, maybe they can give us a Mushu boss fight. Who wouldn't want to smack around a Eddie Murphy red dragon with a Keyblade, right?
If they didn't slap Iago's ass a 2nd time for betraying them, then I doubt they'd give us the chance to slap Mushu's ass.

Back