• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What worlds do you NOT want to see in a future game? w/explination

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The Main feature of The Headless Horseman is that its always a chase and appears out of nowhere. So I always loved the idea of him being more aggresive and [FONT=&]it be cooler if he can chase you down through multiple worlds, in the process of getting his head back or he some time of issue with Sora.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&]I imagine this would be an enemy Sora would have to face alone, and with worlds being open, it'd be a nice way to tie them together with him ALWAYS attacking you at certain intervals no matter what world you're on and the HH would probably drag Sora to a Pocket dimension/world of Sleepy Hollow.[/FONT][FONT=&]

[/FONT]

It would be cool if after you reach a certain part of the game, Chip and Dale notify you that there's a strange disturbance in older worlds. You go there and find the disturbance (the map doesn't show you where it is, so you have to explore to find it). It's a portal that sucks only Sora in and the Headless Horseman thinks Sora has his head. They fight and Sora escapes. The Horseman appears in every Disney world and gets harder and harder. He has a portal in the last world of the game (that appears after you beat the game) and he is the hardest here. After you beat him, you get a Headless Horseman keyblade.

Neo_

Awards
Ursula was in Destiny Islands, Beast was in Hollow Bastion, Pinocchio was in Traverse Town...?
Good point, especially on Ursula... that one definitely struck me as oddest. Pinocchio and Beast traveling outside of their worlds didn't seem as weird, as Traverse Town/Bastion resemble their homes; sure the ocean does for Ursula, but having her at the Islands really threw me for a loop.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
It would be interesting if Hades were to do something outside of Olympus. Him appearing in Halloween Town, for example, where the holiday leaders are similarly "immortal."

Going off the discussion of Halloween Town before, they don't necessarily need Oogie there to create a storyline. The Heartless and/or original villains can fill that role just fine. Besides, actually fighting the Disney villains/characters is becoming a rarity anyway going by KH3. :frown:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It would be interesting if Hades were to do something outside of Olympus. Him appearing in Halloween Town, for example, where the holiday leaders are similarly "immortal."

Going off the discussion of Halloween Town before, they don't necessarily need Oogie there to create a storyline. The Heartless and/or original villains can fill that role just fine. Besides, actually fighting the Disney villains/characters is becoming a rarity anyway going by KH3. :frown:

Which is why I would prefer them to visit worlds with Disney villains that we can actually fight. Ursula, Jafar, Dr. Facilier, King Candy, Oogie Boogie... I will take any actual Disney bosses. That's why worlds that will have no Disney boss, like Kingdom of Corona are ones I would prefer not return (unless Mother Gothel is resurrected).

The Dark Mamba

Awards
I'm pretty open when it comes to new worlds but no obvious bullsh#t like Chicken Little or Home On the Range. Tbh, I really don't ever wanna see Robin Hood or Black Claudron even though they've had a decent amount of fan demand.

From Pixar, Rataoullie wouldn't make sense to use at this point and wouldn't be fun anyways. UP, not really a whole lot there. Wouldn't mind seeing the characters though. No to Good Dinosaur too.

For returning worlds
Olympus
100 Acre Wood
Monstro/Prankster's Paradise
Land of Dragons (unless it's an original story)
Enchanted Dominion
Dwarf Woodlands
Country of the Musketeers

All the other worlds either have some story that could be used or visually would be so great to see in the new graphics style. Even something like Beast's Castle can easily be retconned to where KH2's mid credits takes place after a potential KH3 visit which would be based more on the movie. Keep in mind that there'll always be "side games" in the series which would be the best spot to see some returning worlds again.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Now how did I miss this thread? Worlds I don't wanna see? Hmm. Worlds like Home on the Range go without saying. I haven't even seen that movie and I already know I don't want it.

Star Wars: I don't count these as Disney properties and Star Wars has so much lore that dwarfs KH's lore it would be a utter mess. Not to mention given how protective properties are the last thing I want is to play through any of the Star Wars films, even my favorite ones. I like Star Wars but I want it and KH to remain separated. That being said, if they use it in KH4 it is by no means a deal breaker and I'd adjust to it.

Marvel: Same thing as Star Wars. I like Marvel more and some cases it could work better then Star Wars...but again just look at all the restrictions they'd be hit with.

Fox properties: No thank you.

Most Pixar worlds: With the exceptions of a Bugs Life, Incredibles, and the worlds already used, most of the Pixar worlds are grounded in normal settings which just wouldn't make for compelling worlds to explore for me. That doesn't mean I don't want Pixar elements. I think they handled Remy perfectly in Twilight Town. Have Wall-E and Eve as Radiant Garden bots for Ansem's group. Have the Inside Out emotions in other characters heads when faced with a hilarious situation. Have a fish tank in Twilight Town and Nemo and Dory are in it. Stuff like that, but I don't need worlds based on their movies.

Midgar: Unpopular choice here. I'm slowly opening up to Final Fantasy worlds being options for future KH games to explore. I prefer Disney worlds but FF worlds would not be the worst thing. But please don't do Midgar. I have many reasons. the main reason is I'm sick of FF7 everywhere, they already dominate most of the FF quota in Kingdom Hearts, and combined with the big FF7 remake Midgar is already getting a entire game all to itself. Use Kingdom Hearts to expose the lesser Final Fantasy games that will likely not get remakes anytime soon if ever. Give me worlds from FF9, FF8, FF6, and FF5 (the best FF game) like if you are going to make Final Fantasy worlds use them on worlds that don't get seen often. Stop being a commercial for FF7, and give some life to your other ones.

Disney live action remakes: This would be one of the few things to really turn me off to playing a Kingdom Hearts 4. Never. Put. Them. In.

horto12485

Awards
Here are some...

Marvel and Star Wars: We don't want a Marvel/Star Wars Worlds cause you know it'll be too much to handle i rather see Star Wars and Marvel being handled as References/Cameos (AKA Easter Eggs)

Prankster's Paradise/Monstro: I don't want to return to Pinocchio

Atlantica: No no more Little Mermaid Controls

Olympus: There's no more Hercules stuff to handle we defeated Hades and the Titans and Hercules's Home is Safe.

San Fransokyo: Well with the TV Show being a Sequel to the Movie there's not that much else to cover.

Finding Nemo: Well it be too hard for Sora as a Fish to carry a Keyblade as a Fish if he went there.

Disney Live Action Remakes: I just don't want to see that in Future Games cause it'll ruin the Series

Beast's Castle: Well Beast and his Servants are human Again so there's nothing else left to see.

disney233

Awards
See, I'm not opposed to live-action worlds if they AREN'T from existing properties. That being said, a Live-action Aladdin, Little Mermaid, Dumbo, all of that is a no. ESPECIALLY Maleficent. However, worlds like Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Haunted Mansion, Oz the Great and Powerful, The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, Narnia? I would DEFINITELY want them in. Especially the last 3. Into the Woods & Mary Poppins is...a very iffy subject right there.

As for the topic of Star Wars & Marvel, I wouldn't...entirely be opposed to it. It's a meh for me. The only thing I want from Marvel though that COULD fit for Kingdom Hearts is the use of Dr. Strange.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards

There was a pretty awesome canon sequel to The Nightmare Before Christmas called Oogie's Revenge on the PS2 made by Capcom. It had a great story and reprisals of the music from the movie used for boss fights. Point being that Oogie is just a bag of bugs and they could easily find another way to revive him and make a similar story to OR by having Oogie set his sights on becoming the Seven Holidays King and trying to stop him. Plus if they could get Capcom to sign off on it, Jack could get the Soul Stealer, his weapon of choice that was a goo made by Finklestein that could transform into various weapons. >.>

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Atlantica: No no more Little Mermaid Controls
Caribbean did swimming controls a lot better, IMO. I found myself wishing for Atlantica's return so we could get a "proper" version of the world now.

I'm a glass-half-full kind of guy: if something in a game sucks, my gut reaction is not "don't do that ever again" but rather "how can they do that better the next time?"

legacier

Awards
I do not want to see Arendelle ever again, but with the sequel out and the franchise still being popular, I'm afraid we will. It was far and away the most lazily implemented Disney world in KHIII, and possibly the whole series. All the player does is watch the story happen from afar, and that musical number... just no. Even Sora could see how out of place that was. The world had potential, but I wouldn't bet on them getting it right the second time. Better to just leave it out.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I agree with the notion of no live action, only really applying to the remakes of animated properties. That said there arent too many successful or well known live action Disney movies I know of.

A "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" world could be fun, though becauseof rights reason I doubt we'd ever get it.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Caribbean did swimming controls a lot better, IMO. I found myself wishing for Atlantica's return so we could get a "proper" version of the world now.

I'm a glass-half-full kind of guy: if something in a game sucks, my gut reaction is not "don't do that ever again" but rather "how can they do that better the next time?"
I very much like this approach of trying to do it better as oppose to just writing it off. There are so many good ideas out there that were executed badly but if done right and retried it can be better. I didn't like Port Royal in KH2 much but KH3 made me actually enjoy the Pirates world.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I feel the same about Pride Lands. The world in KH2 isn't the greatest thing ever, but I'd like to see them do a new, better version of the world in the future.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I previously made this on the Worlds you want thread and earlier on this thread, but now that the Thread has been brought back, I think it's the perfect time to express which worlds that have appeared in previous titles I don't want to see come back and the films/properties I don't want as worlds in a future game.

From all the Disney worlds we've gotten to explore in the KH series, the ONLY ones I see are completely done in terms of story and are unlikely to come back in future KH installments are:
  • Wonderland (Alice in Wonderland)
  • Deep Jungle (Tarzan) - Disney lost the rights to use Tarzan
  • Olympus/Olympus Coliseum (Hercules) - After KH3's story for the world I say we're completely done with the story of Hercules. I just don't think their is anything else they can do storywise, aside from the Tournaments, cause the Titans are officially destroyed and Hades coming up with a plan to take over Olympus and destroy Hercules is becoming tedious.
    Halloween Town (Nightmare Before Christmas) - As said above.
  • Atlantica (Little Mermaid)
  • Beast's Castle (Beauty and the Beast) - Beast turns into a Human, nuff said.
  • The Land of Dragons (Mulan) - I don't want to see them adapt the sequel just to see Mushu act as a malicious prick.
  • Timeless River
  • Space Paranoids (Tron) - Tron assumed the functions of the MCP
  • Castle of Dreams (Cinderella) - Finished the story back in BBS
  • Dwarf Woodlands (Snow White) - Same as Cinderella
  • Enchanted Dominion (Sleeping Beauty) - Same as Cinderella and Snow White
  • La Cité des Cloches (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
  • The Grid (Tron: Legacy)
  • Country of the Musketeers (Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers)
  • Prankster's Paradise (Pinocchio) - I still would like to see them use the 358/Days storyline in a future KH game and have Honest John and Gideon make their debut, but given that Pinocchio is already a real boy and the world was restructured for DDD, I think it's officially done. :confused:
  • Kingdom of Corona (Tangled) - While we do have the television series that is set after the film, it's going to be difficult just creating the original characters introduced from the show in the same style as the original film, plus the show was done at Disney Television Animation instead of Walt Disney Animation Studios
  • Monstropolis (Monster's Inc.) - I don't know what they can do with the world now that Randall won't cause anymore problems.
  • San Fransokyo (Big Hero 6) - Same as Tangled
As for the Disney worlds, I expect to see return and those that could go either way:

Expected:
  • Agrabah (Aladdin) - While the world has been overused a lot, There is still the plot of Aladdin and the King of Thieves that they need to go over
  • 100 Acre Wood (Winnie the Pooh) - Despite the divisiveness that this world had with MOST KH fans and the negativity that KH3's version of the world haI, I say it's one of the worlds I expect to see come back.
  • Arendelle (Frozen) - Plot of Frozen II
  • Toy Box (Toy Story)
Going either way:
  • Neverland (Peter Pan)
  • Pride Lands (The Lion King) - Not against the world but frankly I rather would like to just explore a different animal-based Disney world (e.g. Jungle Book, Bambi, Dumbo, Zootopia)
  • The Caribbean (Pirates of the Caribbean) - While many think the world is done, I'd be surprised if the world comes back and adapts the events of the 5th film. Plus time flows differently in the Disney worlds so we shall see.
  • Deep Space/Hawaii (Lilo & Stitch) - I said this before in past posts, but I doubt the movie is 100% done, sure it only covered the events of Stitch escaping the Galactic Federation in BBS, but I don't think the events of the Lilo & Stitch movie and franchise happened sometime between BBS and the original KH game perhaps Stitch could've crashed into Radiant Garden or some other original world where he learned about Ohana, Friendship, and the difference of right and wrong. I still would like to see Stitch and his homeworld appear in a future KH game along with collecting the different experiments across the worlds and the first official appearance of Agent Pleakely, plus it could tie in with Stitch's connections with Terra, Aqua and Ventus. On top of that, outside of gameplay and Jiminy's Journal, Stitch has never been referred to as "Stitch" or hinted to have ever visited Lilo's world prior to KH2. So all of that can easily be retconned as it's not really a part of the story along with the fact time flows differently in the Disney worlds, plus none of the characters that reside in Radiant Garden (mainly Leon) never call him Stitch.
  • Symphony of Sorcery (Fantasia) - There is still stuff that they can use for the world, I especially would like to see them use elements of Fantasia 2000, it just comes down to where it fits in the game as a game.

Now for the films/properties I don't want or wouldn't work out in future KH games:

• Animated films like Chicken Little, Home on the Range, The Black Cauldron, Bolt, Fox and the Hound, Oliver and Company, and The Aristocats becoming worlds. I just think these animated films are best kept out in KH given the former two films were panned by Critics and the last four films will be difficult to see them implemented as worlds given they are grounded and set in a normal setting, so I see them as characters residing in an original world like Radiant Garden or Twilight Town (Oliver and Company, and The Aristocats) or as Summons (e.g. Bolt).
  • Star Wars - I don't want to be a sourpuss, but I really don't want Star Wars to be shoehorned or ever be involved in the KH series. As SweetYetSalty said it himself, Star Wars has a lot of lore that blows KH's lore out of the water, on top of that having Star Wars as a world would feel out of place, because their are Many, Many different planets that inhabit the Star Wars Universe and frankly I don't want to just take a gamble to just have all the Star Wars planets in one world. Plus, Lucasfilm might put restrictions on a Star Wars based world, and It would break "the world order rule" by having the Star Wars characters including the antagonists become aware of the existence of other worlds. I just don't want either The Confederacy Systems, the Galactic Empire or The First Order to become recurring antagonists to go after Sora and the gang and conquer the worlds, just leave that to Xehanort, Organization XIII, Xigbaer, The Foretellers and Maleficent and Pete.
  • Marvel - Same as Star Wars, I just don't want them to be shoehorned into Kingdom Hearts, have Thanos become aware of other worlds, and having restrictions from the folks at Marvel
  • the Disney Channel Live-action sitcoms - No. Thank you. I just can't envision the Disney Channel sitcoms EVER appearing in Kingdom Hearts game.
  • Enchanted - I love the film, but In my opinion I think this is one of the few live-action hybrid Disney films that I see the MOST difficult to be implemented into Kingdom Hearts, given that it's set in NYC and other than Giselle learning to adapt to her surroundings in the real world compared to when she lived in Andalasia, their isn't really to much happening other than the conflicts being Prince Edward trying to bring Giselle back, and Nathaniel trying to poison Giselle with a poison apple by orders of Narissa only to fail. Even Queen Narissa doesn't become a huge conflict until the climax of the film, after Nathaniel fails to poison Giselle.
  • 20th Century Fox Properties - Same as Marvel and Star Wars, I don't want ANY Fox properties to be shoehorned into Kingdom Hearts (except for maybe Blue Sky Studios).
  • Pixar - I think as what SweetYetSalty said, other than Toy Story, Monster's Inc., Incredibles, Coco, Brave, Onward and maybe A Bug's Life that are or will soon become worlds in a future KH game, their are some Pixar movies that I can't envision them as actual worlds in future games of the series such as Cars, Finding Nemo, Inside Out, Wall-E, and Up. I could see the latter two films have their characters in an original world (e.g. Twilight Town, Radiant Garden) much like how Remy (Little Chef) was Scrooge McDuck's chef in Twilight Town and the Inside Out emotions residing in Sora, Kairi, Namine, or Xion's head.
  • Live-action remake worlds - Other than the 2010 Alice in Wonderland film and Maleficent, I don't want them to immediately add in the Live-action remake worlds of animated films. Unless if Nomura and his team come up with some realm where these Live-action remakes worlds can be accessed I don't want them to be immediately added in to the KH series.
I do not want to see Arendelle ever again, but with the sequel out and the franchise still being popular, I'm afraid we will. It was far and away the most lazily implemented Disney world in KHIII, and possibly the whole series. All the player does is watch the story happen from afar, and that musical number... just no. Even Sora could see how out of place that was. The world had potential, but I wouldn't bet on them getting it right the second time. Better to just leave it out.
To each their own but honestly, I feel in my unpopular opinion that Kingdom of Corona was more frustrating than Arendelle as Sora and the gang were also out of place in in the world especially during the 2nd and 3rd. I already made a lot of complaints on Kingdom of Corona, before which you can view here, here and here, but literally, Sora, Donald and Goofy stood out like a "sore thumb" in the world especially during the 2nd and last acts of the world.
But literally long story short my problems with Corona:
  1. The world's felt “forced” and linear, even more FORCED than Arendelle and The Caribbean compared to the original movie such (e.g. How Eugene/Flynn got knocked unconscious, Him escaping from the Guards with Maximus help (minus the Pub Thugs) and Revealing his real name at the end of the world to SDG).
  2. Sora just wouldn’t shut up when he tried to call out Rapunzel and attracted attention of the antagonists even if he showed concerned for Rapunzel's well being. The First time attracted Gothel’s attention, the second time attracted Marluxia’s attention
  3. Sora and the gang never question Rapunzel's long hair along with witnessing Rapunzel’s magic powers through her hair.
  4. Sora and the gang remaining blissfully unaware about Mother Gothel true colors after their first and ONLY time encountering her even when she coldly dismissed them and said they were “useless and of no help” until Marluxia reveals her real colors to them through context. Wanna hear the worse part, they, especially Goofy (who is supposed to be the intelligent one of the trio) didn’t grow suspicious of Gothel after her “useless and of no help” comment.
  5. Gothel and Rapunzel saw/Encounter Marluxia ONCE none of them ever bring up his name nor mention his name again for the remainder of the world which made Marluxia's role in Corona forced and shoehorned when compared to Xaldin's role as Antagonist in Beast's Castle in KH2. At least with Monstropolis, Toy Box and San Fransokyo the inhabitants do acknowledged the Organization XIII member instead of brushing them off like it was nothing, particularly the former when Randall had a "teamup" with Vanitas.
  6. When Flynn goes out to rescue Rapunzel, the rest of it (Gothel stabbing Flynn/Eugene, Eugene cutting Rapunzel's hair causing Gothel aged to dust, Rapunzel healing Flynn/Eugene) just had Sora Donald and Goofy being just "There" in the background not knowing what's happening ever since Flynn went of to the tower to rescue Rapunzel. Oh sure, they saw Gothel's cloak before it was immediately turned into the Grim Guardianess Heartless by Marluxia and witness Flynn/Eugene dying until Rapunzel revived him with the Healing incantation but they weren't acknowledged by the cast until after Eugene was Healed.

Last edited:

disney233

Awards
I getting some serious deja vu on this list and the Tangled rant. Not a bad thing, just I think I've seen it before a few times.

That being said, if Nomura has the absolute gall to actually add worlds based off of shows from Disney Channel, then it's a pretty good excuse to use the Tangled series & Gargoyles. And though it's a childish world, I'd honestly say Sofia the First had some pretty good lore that could warrant a Disney world. If not a Disney character that could be integrated into the Kingdom Hearts series. The introduction to Vor, who's supposedly the cataclysm of 9 major Disney villains, one of them, of course, is Maleficent, is something I'd honestly like to see in this series. Especially in regards to Vor interacting with Maleficent.

And...Bill Cipher I guess would be nice, but I think the creator of him said he doesn't like Kingdom Hearts and doesn't want his characters in. I'm not sure about all of this but, yeah, I kinda doubt the inclusion of Bill.

Back