• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What worlds do you NOT want to see in a future game? w/explination

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

GrandWebster

-
- Princess and the frog: I haven't watched it and I'm not interested in it. I know a lot of you were passionate about its possible inclusion in KH3, so I guess it has potential at least.

If you haven't seen it, its unfair to say you wouldn't want it or be negative about it? LMAO

With the New Seven Hearts, It has a most likely inclusion than you think.

Plus with the Lack of Disney Villains nowadays. you're telling me this doesn't scream Kingdom Hearts
https://gifer.com/en/8IP9

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'm still a little skeptical family connections will play a large-ish (or at least larger) role in the next saga, but if Nomura decided to go there with Sora, films like TLM, TLK, Coco, Mulan, TP&TF, Frozen, Lilo & Stitch, Aladdin and the King of Thieves all immediately come to mind as films focused on familial bonds. So does Treasure Planet (well, at least it focuses to a degree on Jim's broken bond with a father who left his family and how Silver fills that void), although sometimes I wonder if that film actually has a chance of ever appearing in KH even though I would love it to. Didn't it almost appear in 3D? In a way, I'm glad it didn't appear then because I want Jim Hawkins to be a party member for sure. There are some others that could be related to the family theme in one way or another, ofc (Bambi taking on his father's role as prince of the forest, TJB with Mowgli having to leave his friends to return to his own kind, etc.). It's a shame that Tarzan can never appear in KH again. :/

I think at most it is going to be a larger than present role. With so many Disney movies touching that theme rather nicely, or in Lilo and Nani's case beautifully, them shining a bit more of a spot light on it would be cool.
I think Treasure Planet could also be cool for that seeing, it shows a familial bond between to unrelated people, kind of like how I think TAVE should theoretically be looked at, but that might just be my interpretation of that Trio's relationship with their Master.

As for TLM, I agree that it would have to be set in the prologue of TLM2 (if they use the sequel at all), just for the fact it hasn't been 10-15 years for Melody to grow up. I don't really like TLM2, so I love your idea of a plot involving Ariel missing her family and adjusting to life on land***. Although it wouldn't bother me if Melody appeared as a baby in a crib only, lol. I'd love if there was a 50/50 water:land world for it like they were able to pull off successfully with The Caribbean in KH3.

EDIT:***I just imagined something Cinderella-esque with SDG being as small as Sebastian and trying not to die in the kitchen for one segment of the world, ha.

I think it being a 50/50 land and sea world could be awesome, but would only be doable before Ariel becomes a mother, seeing the wall around her castle was only built after they took Melody to meet her grandfather. This would also allow Sqaure and Disney to avoid using stuff from the sequel, which according to someone else here is something they're trying to avoid for some reason.

While that is a humorous idea, I'd question the mechanics of how they got so small. I still wander why Ven entered the Enchanted domain and became mouse sized.

No offense intended, but I don't think it's a good idea to do a Wall-E world

Pixar doesn’t want KH shoehorning itself into the plots of the original films. This would be especially true for Wall-E since it is one of their most critically acclaimed films. Wall-E, however, doesn’t really have anywhere to go if they follow a sequel approach because the humans are just recolonizing the Earth. They could have Wall-E and EVe traveling together and encounter SDG in an original world

While I love Wall-E, I don't think it's a good idea to do a storyline (be it an original one and especially a retelling of the movie), because the ending because the humans are just recolonizing the Earth.

I think the only way I could see characters from Wall-E (Wall-E, EVE) appear in the KH series without having SDG go to the film's world and do an original storyline is perhaps they can be characters residing in an original world like how Little Chef (Remy) is in Twilight Town in Scrooge McDuck's Bistrot Restaurant in KH3. But then again it's going to be VERY difficult on how they would implement these characters when compared to Remy as he was brought to Twilght Town from his original homeworld by Scrooge so that he can continue expanding his culinary Horizons and be Scrooge's Chef at his Bistrot.

I actually also don't want a Wall-E world, seeing like you mentioned I don't see how they'd want to fit Sora and co. into the storyline an Original story doesn't work because either you'd lose the setting that's interesting or the characters we care about. At most I think Wall-E or rather EVE should be a summon, or security droid Ansem the Wise builds based off of bluepints he found while on his revenge quest.

Again I'm not a Pixar fan, so for me personally the less Pixar included the better, but that's just me.

What that game does show is that it's actually very simple to create a storyline for anything if you're willing to put thought into it. None of the worlds that have appeared in this series are truly off-limits from appearing again. Especially since the interest of including / pimping popular films trumps all other things.

Yeah I think that's a good point. Pretty much all of the worlds still have interesting things you can do with them. I mean Tangled's and Aladdin's cartoons show kind of proved there was still a lot you could get out of those setting and characters.

I feel the only limiting factor here is, what Disney will allow and how creative Nomura and his team can be.

D

Deleted member 246005

That's actually not true. The game only had Christmas & Halloween Towns. There's a thing with Oogie kidnapping the leaders of the other holiday towns but the problem with that is A. They had to be rescued from within Christmas & Halloween. And B. They were stuffed into sacks, meaning the player would not actually see what the other leaders looked like. It was pretty obvious that Capcom was prohibited from expanding the NBC world beyond what was already established in the film.

[video=youtube;8lUntztTg5w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lUntztTg5w[/video]

Fair enough but it raises a good point tho. The Disney worlds could be used more if they were willing to do expand on the property than just rehash the source material.

GrandWebster

What that game does show is that it's actually very simple to create a storyline for anything if you're willing to put thought into it. None of the worlds that have appeared in this series are truly off-limits from appearing again. Especially since the interest of including / pimping popular films trumps all other things.

While that is somewhat true, Keep in mind that Nomura said in the Edge Magazine Interview a while ago, It doesn't matter if the Movie itself is popular, It rather depends if the game will benefit having the movie.

For Example, The Pixar movies themselves are popular on their own (except The Good Dinosaur), but all were critically well received, However Most people here would agree that a lot of them wouldn't make great expansive worlds because of them being too gimmicky or their movies completed their stories.

Yeah I think that's a good point. Pretty much all of the worlds still have interesting things you can do with them. I mean Tangled's and Aladdin's cartoons show kind of proved there was still a lot you could get out of those setting and characters.

I feel the only limiting factor here is, what Disney will allow and how creative Nomura and his team can be.

It would also note that Disney is quite picky on their movies, granted I feel like the older the movie is the more free range you can have with it, at least that's how I see it. Which is why Arendelle kind of got a lukewarm reception from players.

But Disney also looks at certain aspects of KH because they see as a business, so promoting movies that they kind of feel iffy on like Treasure Planet would be hard to kind of convince Disney with.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
In regards to returning Disney worlds I think Disney Castle still has a lot of potential. The classic minigames in KH3 made me really want that old school Disney feel to return in the future.

They could even add Disney world the amusement park

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I wouldn't mind Disney Castle returning as long as it's massively expanded. Remember in KH2 when, I think it was Goofy? That said he'll warn all the others in the castle yet i see no doors leading anywhere else lol

Askelon

I would like to see Traverse Town again, but from the point of view of a character who just barely touch world traveling like Kairi.

Neo_

Awards
So the Disney worlds I realistically see returning in KH4 and a future KH game are:
  • Agrabah
  • 100 Acre Wood
  • Deep Space/Hawaii
  • Arendelle
  • Toy Box
  • Symphony of Sorcery
I could puke going back to half these worlds again (Agrabah, Pooh and Arendelle), but this list seems so frickin' likely.

Toy Box already needs to come back for more characters/locales actually from the films, but they totally trapped themselves by making it canon to the TS universe and having it take place after so many amazing things (Sid's mutant toys, Al's Toy Barn, the airport, etc.); I guess we could always go to Pizza Planet, the daycare, trash compactor and face Lotso, but TS4 will have been out by then, but it'll come back. Nomura freakin' postponed the game so it could be a world, and it feels like they barely scratched the surface with it. Jessie and Bullseye will be there, but I doubt Andy will ever appear in a KH game.

I honestly would've rather explored all of Andy's house/neighborhood and then ended up at Pizza Planet instead of going to Galaxy Toys (which didn't even feel anything like Toy Story at all). The unfaithfulness kinda upsets after seeing the amazing job they did on Andy's room/neighborhood: blue anime doll and Verum Rex is Toy Story? Okay, Nomura. I couldn't think of one callback to the films in Galaxy Toys other than there being explorable air vents, hahaha.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
They could pull from the tv series, which had other villains.
I honestly doubt they will use elements from the Hercules television series is done by Disney Television Animation which is separate from Walt Disney Animation Studios. So honestly that's up to Disney, but realisitcally I don't think we would see Television series elements from Aladdin, Hercules and especially the Tangled and Big Hero 6 shows in any KH games, sadly.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I could puke going back to half these worlds again (Agrabah, Pooh and Arendelle), but this list seems so frickin' likely.

Toy Box already needs to come back for more characters/locales actually from the films, but they totally trapped themselves by making it canon to the TS universe and having it take place after so many amazing things (Sid's mutant toys, Al's Toy Barn, the airport, etc.); I guess we could always go to Pizza Planet, the daycare, trash compactor and face Lotso, but TS4 will have been out by then, but it'll come back. Nomura freakin' postponed the game so it could be a world, and it feels like they barely scratched the surface with it. Jessie and Bullseye will be there, but I doubt Andy will ever appear in a KH game.

I honestly would've rather explored all of Andy's house/neighborhood and then ended up at Pizza Planet instead of going to Galaxy Toys (which didn't even feel anything like Toy Story at all). The unfaithfulness kinda upsets after seeing the amazing job they did on Andy's room/neighborhood: blue anime doll and Verum Rex is Toy Story? Okay, Nomura. I couldn't think of one callback to the films in Galaxy Toys other than there being explorable air vents, hahaha.
Agree to Disagree, but from the Kingdom Hearts III worlds i'd say that Toy Box and Arendelle have the likely chances to return when compared to Corona, Monstropolis and San Fransokyo.

With Arendelle, I can't say for sure how much Disney will be restrictive this time compared to KH3's version of the world but from the Teaser trailer, the world's return does have potential and I do see Elsa andor Anna be party members for Sora for the first time.

With Toy Box, like I said before they can still introduce the other toys that were absent in KH3 such as Jessie, Bullseye, Slinky, Bo Peep, among others and have Square and Pixar come up with a new storyline.

I actually also don't want a Wall-E world, seeing like you mentioned I don't see how they'd want to fit Sora and co. into the storyline an Original story doesn't work because either you'd lose the setting that's interesting or the characters we care about. At most I think Wall-E or rather EVE should be a summon, or security droid Ansem the Wise builds based off of bluepints he found while on his revenge quest.

Actually having them as summons or be security/maintenance robots at Radiant Garden or Twilight Town does look to be the right approach to have them in.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

Well they could always pull a Space Paranoids/Grid situation with Toy Box. It was a "duplicate world" created by Young Xehanort, so maybe if you visit it again it can be based during Toy Story 1? Also, I think the reason they had to do that duplicate world/keep other toys hidden stuff was because of licensing issues with the real toys (like Mr. Potato Head/Barbie/Ken). I actually would rather Toy Box not return, as I'm not sure what else can be done with the world and it was already done so well, it would be a shame for it to return and not be as great.

I would not like to see:
The Caribbean (I loved it in KH3, but I think the world's plot should end here)
Monstro/Prankster's Paradise (nothing else to do there)
Toy Box (explained above)
Kingdom of Corona (basically did all we can, unless Rapunzel grows back her hair)
Beast's Castle (nothing else to do there)
Olympus (I do want to see Hades outside of that world though, maybe he got frustrated dealing with Hercules so he goes to another world)
Princess worlds from BbS (again, nothing to do there)

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Well they could always pull a Space Paranoids/Grid situation with Toy Box. It was a "duplicate world" created by Young Xehanort, so maybe if you visit it again it can be based during Toy Story 1? Also, I think the reason they had to do that duplicate world/keep other toys hidden stuff was because of licensing issues with the real toys (like Mr. Potato Head/Barbie/Ken). I actually would rather Toy Box not return, as I'm not sure what else can be done with the world and it was already done so well, it would be a shame for it to return and not be as great.
Even if Toy Box had a somewhat similar situation in the vein of The Grid/Space Paranoids or the Sleeping worlds in Dream Drop Distance where it is a copy/versions of the same world, it's vastly different when compared to the Sleeping worlds in DDD and the Tron worlds (The Grid and Space Paranoids, although the former is a sleeping world).

The reason for the world being split in two was that Young Xehanort wanted to experiment on the growth of hearts and bonds on the Toys residing in the worlds such as Andy's Toys (Woody, Buzz, Rex, etc..) and the ones at Galaxy Toys, secondly after Sora, Donald and Goofy left the world, the version of Toy Box in which Woody and the Gang were trapped in returned to the actual version of their world and during the end credits the doorknob started to turn and returned to their non-mobile state signifying that Andy has returned.

Also keep in mind that the events of Toy Box take place in between the events of the second and third movie, so it's still possible to see the world return along with seeing some of the Toys that were absent in KH3, like Jessie, Bullseye, Slinky, among others making an appearance for the first time. So I think the world is bound to comeback very soon, so never say never.

Last edited:

Neo_

Awards
Olympus (I do want to see Hades outside of that world though, maybe he got frustrated dealing with Hercules so he goes to another world)
What is this sorcery you speak of? A non-Mickey/Maleficent character traveling outside of their world? Blasphemy!

For Toy Box, there is so much stuff outside of licensing issues that could be done; those are literally just three characters that don't even have to appear (did Andy even own Barbie?). With TS4 on the horizon, I'd say we're very bound to go back there and potentially replay the plot of that or TS3.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
For Toy Box, there is so much stuff outside of licensing issues that could be done; those are literally just three characters that don't even have to appear (did Andy even own Barbie?). With TS4 on the horizon, I'd say we're very bound to go back there and potentially replay the plot of that or TS3.

Exactly, although with Pixar's restrictions on having an original storyline and not a retelling of their movies, realistically I see another original storyline set between the events of the 2nd or 3rd movie once again or after the events of third movie.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
What is this sorcery you speak of? A non-Mickey/Maleficent character traveling outside of their world? Blasphemy!

I feel like in KH, they will never go beyond Toy Story 3 (or even let the film's events happen). The ties between the toys and Andy is iconic and easy fodder for KH to use. It would be interesting to see a teenaged or almost teenage Andy and how the toys react to being forgotten (at least in the early stages of it).

Ursula was in Destiny Islands, Beast was in Hollow Bastion, Pinocchio was in Traverse Town...? I think it would be pretty funny for Hades to go to another world because he realized he just couldn't beat Hercules. It would also make my dream come true of having a Disney villain fight in another villain's world.

GrandWebster

I haven't seen people talking about their opinions on The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.

I feel like this is a spooky classic that should gets some representation, I mean it features the only Disney Antagonist that actually kills the main character, I mean my god!

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Speaking about villains, I don't think it'll be a flesh-out world, but my god Sleepy hollow would

The Headless Horseman can arrive in Halloween Town as the new villain. Or maybe Hades can summon him from the Underworld?

GrandWebster

The Headless Horseman can arrive in Halloween Town as the new villain. Or maybe Hades can summon him from the Underworld?

The Main feature of The Headless Horseman is that its always a chase and appears out of nowhere. So I always loved the idea of him being more aggresive and it be cooler if he can chase you down through multiple worlds, in the process of getting his head back or he some time of issue with Sora.

I imagine this would be an enemy Sora would have to face alone, and with worlds being open, it'd be a nice way to tie them together with him ALWAYS attacking you at certain intervals no matter what world you're on and the HH would probably drag Sora to a Pocket dimension/world of Sleepy Hollow.

Last edited:

kaseykockroach

Awards
I’d only accept an Emperor’s New Groove world if I get to pull the lever during a Yzma boss battle.

Back