• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What worlds do you NOT want to see in a future game? w/explination

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Phantom

New worlds
- Cars
- FOX properties
- Disney Channel films/TV shows

Returning worlds
- Olympus (I feel they have done everything they can with this world)
- Halloween Town (see above)
- Atlantica
- Monstro
- Arendelle (if Disney is going to be as restrictive with it as in KH3)

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
S'cuse me? The King of Thieves has a turtle island and a version of Jasmine that can fight. That's perfect material for a Kingdom Hearts IV world. Treat it like Olympus from Kingdom Hearts III and make it a tutorial world if necessary.

S'cuse you? Nomura apparently hates women remember? lol Maybe if I'm not there long I'd change my mind, but wasn't the whole point of the movie coping with parental issues? So unless they're gonna render Sora's mom or dad how could they make the actual plot relevant? Even if it is just skimmed over like some of the KH3 worlds were?

disney233

Awards
S'cuse you? Nomura apparently hates women remember? lol Maybe if I'm not there long I'd change my mind, but wasn't the whole point of the movie coping with parental issues? So unless they're gonna render Sora's mom or dad how could they make the actual plot relevant? Even if it is just skimmed over like some of the KH3 worlds were?

It's useless, but they probably wouldn't have to throw in the topic of Sora's parents. I mean...Riku, Kairi, Terra, Aqua, (lol Donald and Goofy) they're basically the only parent figures Sora had during this adventure. I'm...not sure if this means anything but something on the line of those, or maybe someone in the party like Goofy (CAUSE Y'KNOW THE MAN HAS A SON, YET NOMURA NEVER ADDED HIM IN YET) could have some sort of feeling of relation or remembrance. Keep in mind, if Max WAS implemented into Kingdom Hearts, then Goofy would be the uh...what's the dad's name, Aladdin's dad of the story.

D

Deleted member 246005

Marvel would be easier than Star Wars because they are more flexible. They have been reimagined countless times so creating the KH version would be easy.

That could also help the disney worlds as you can add a marvel character upon the disney world a la Zack on Olympus Colliseum. So they would generate new plot potential by being there.

dianted

Awards
The Jungle Book would be boring, Olympus/Hundred Acre Woods/Pirates have run out of relevancy and/or interesting material to use, Treasure Planet would not be fun (in my opinion), a Star Wars world would be horrendous, Marvel would only work (and I'd only be interested in it) if it was set in New York w/ Spider-Man or in Asgard w/ Thor, and most of Pixar's movies wouldn't work either with a few golden exceptions. A lot of other previously used Disney worlds have also run out of material to continue to adapt, as well.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
None, I welcome it all. Give me Star Wars, give me Marvel, give me Aladdin 3, Cars 2, Angelina Maleficent, I'll even accept a Home Improvement world! Do a KH spin-ff with all FF or other S-E worlds just for the novelty of it. Make Mushroom Kingdom Hearts a real game. Embrace the crazy!

Askelon

Please no more 100 Acre Wood. I don't even understand why it is back in KH3 if all you do is a farming simulator.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Definitely no Marvel or Star Wars. That would feel very out of place.

Creatively speaking, not anymore. The Xehanort saga is over and the possibilities of alternate realities can open up opportunities to explore Marvel and Star Wars.

Legally though, it can be a bit of a hassle. Lucasarts licenses Star Wars exclusively to EA, whilst Marvel Games is the gaming division dedicated to representing Marvel. Add to the fact that Marvel Games is collaborating with Square Enix Europe for the Avengers games made by Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal, and you can see that adding Marvel to Kingdom Hearts may not be in Square Enix's or Disney's best interest.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Ima defend a potential Cars world. Storywise it'd be kinda awkward but it could work as a mini game world. It'd function like Disney Town with all stuff you can do in Radiator Springs(racing, tractor tipping etc.). I know people are turned off by a Car-form Sora but I enjoy a bit of radical diversity. If it's just a mini-game world then combat wouldn't be a problem.

Not saying it's one of my top priorities for KH4 but I'm just saying how it could potentially work.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Ima defend a potential Cars world. Storywise it'd be kinda awkward but it could work as a mini game world. It'd function like Disney Town with all stuff you can do in Radiator Springs(racing, tractor tipping etc.). I know people are turned off by a Car-form Sora but I enjoy a bit of radical diversity. If it's just a mini-game world then combat wouldn't be a problem.

Not saying it's one of my top priorities for KH4 but I'm just saying how it could potentially work.

Cars 2 was action oriented. They straight up kill off henchcars in that film.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Hmm, what cars would Sora, Donald, and Goofy be?

I could see Goofy as a truck to match his shield defense but I'm at a loss for Sora and Donald, lol.

Scorseselover

I don’t want Brave in. At least I don’t want that in before Incredibles, Coco or Wall E as the next Pixar world. I thought Brave was kinda underwhelming in Pixar standards, I would be really mad if they picked that over these Pixar worlds. Hell, I’d rather it be Cars before Brave.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Hmm, what cars would Sora, Donald, and Goofy be?

I could see Goofy as a truck to match his shield defense but I'm at a loss for Sora and Donald, lol.

I'm picturing Sora as some kind of sports car due to the "sporty" nature of his outfits. Donald could be whatever vehicle Guido was in those movies.

Tbh, picturing the Car forms is a lil' horrifying which is why a Cars world probably won't happen.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I'm glad some of you aren't game devs. No imagination with which to easily spin some of these films into fun locales. They could- should all be enjoyable in theory.

The only ones I don't want are the ones we've seen over and over again. Rather, just remove any monotony. Same worlds are fine as long as the locations/maps explored are different and there's enough originality to the story to thematically make sense within the context of the game(s).

What was great about Olympus this time was that it even referenced events in KHII, further making that plot relevant while giving us all new areas and bosses and #philgate. :{

WhinyAcademic

Awards
* Olympus. It’s been done in almost every game, and while technically there’s still some elements they didn’t adapt like the centaur and the Cyclops, honestly, they’ve covered everything they could. As of III the entire plot of the movie has finally been covered. Herc regaining his strength in II, the attack on Olympus in III, young Herc in BBS. It just feels done. Tate Donovan and James Woods’ voices sound older than ever, so I think III was a good way for the film’s presence in the series to ride into the sunset.

* The Caribbean. III did a pretty good job with it, but the story is really kinda done. The 4th and 5th films aren’t very well regarded (though neither is AWE by the look of it) either, and I can’t say I want them adapted myself. End it the way the films tried to end it at AWE. Maybe include some DLC missions having one-off adventures at sea with Jack, Gibbs, and Barbossa (which in many ways was what the latter films were).

* Pinocchio. I feel like, again, the story is done. We adapted the film for 3D and got the last part in passing in the credits of I. We can keep the characters around but I don’t think anything merits a return to the world.

Other worlds whose story is done:

* The Land of Dragons (to hell with the sequel)
* Corona (I guess they could do the show but..)

Movies I don’t really want adapted:

* Brave - never cared for the movie.
* Chicken Little - I have some nostalgia for it but it was a terrible film.
* Cars - You could win me over with a Lightning summon, that’d probably be cool, but nah, let it lie.

Neo_

Awards
* Pinocchio. I feel like, again, the story is done. We adapted the film for 3D and got the last part in passing in the credits of I. We can keep the characters around but I don’t think anything merits a return to the world.
I agree with this, but at the same time it makes me sad we'll never get to see the scrapped Honest John and Gideon or the town (as minute as that may be).

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I agree with this, but at the same time it makes me sad we'll never get to see the scrapped Honest John and Gideon or the town (as minute as that may be).

I'm not even sure what those two villains (and possibly the coachman) would have done if they appeared in 358 2 Days. It would have made more sense for them to be used in DDD since Pinocchio was still a puppet in that period of time.

Back