• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What world would Terranort have fit in? (ULTIMANIA SPOILERS)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Perkilator

Awards
So about that Terranort coat render from the Ultimania? Well, I’m kinda sad we didn’t actually get to see it in game. So which world, in your opinion, would Terranort have worked out, assuming we could’ve seen him that way in game as a Seeker of Darkness.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If you check the journal in the game his model is there.

It was likely used for the scene where all of the Darknesses are gathered, but they programmed the hood up.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm having trouble placing Terranort in a specific world because:

A.) Nomura did a good job at linking the Norts to the worlds they were placed into;

B.) I think Terranort fits better at the role he was given in the Keyblade Graveyard; and...

C.) The fact that Ansem SoD sorta replaced Apprentice Xehanort kinda makes Terranort seem extra.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If there were any additional Disney worlds I think they would have been assigned to other members. Namely Vexen and Demyx, even if the latter was benched and the former a double agent. I agree with Ballad in that Terranort was used effectively in the Keyblade Graveyard

Perkilator

Awards
If there were any additional Disney worlds I think they would have been assigned to other members. Namely Vexen and Demyx, even if the latter was benched and the former a double agent. I agree with Ballad in that Terranort was used effectively in the Keyblade Graveyard
…Well, okay then. I think I’ve created one of the most pointless topics ever.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
…Well, okay then. I think I’ve created one of the most pointless topics ever.

No, no. lol No worries. It's just that Terranort doesn't have much of a personality besides being a brute, to be honest. So it's kinda hard. And Young Xehanort pretty much took his role about being MX's spokesperson.

SerDuncan

No, no. lol No worries. It's just that Terranort doesn't have much of a personality besides being a brute, to be honest. So it's kinda hard. And Young Xehanort pretty much took his role about being MX's spokesperson.

It's a shame we never really got to see Apprentice Terranort though. He seems like a very intriguing person, considering he was able to convince Ansem's apprentices to overthrow him, persuaded them all to become Nobodies, and so forth. Maybe if we had gotta Terranort in a world, he might have been more similar to that character than the one we see at the end of BBS, and the one in KH3.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's a shame we never really got to see Apprentice Terranort though. He seems like a very intriguing person, considering he was able to convince Ansem's apprentices to overthrow him, persuaded them all to become Nobodies, and so forth. Maybe if we had gotta Terranort in a world, he might have been more similar to that character than the one we see at the end of BBS, and the one in KH3.

Apprentice Xehanort and Terranort are not the same thing.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
But why? Terranort began as Ansem’s apprentice after loosing his memories but he is technically the same person.

Memories--that's the key thing here. Terranort is nothing but Xehanort in Terra's body. Apprentice Xehanort is what remained after Xehanort and Terra had their tug-o-war inside of that body.

It's the reason why we even have these distinctions.

NoWay

Awards
Memories--that's the key thing here. Terranort is nothing but Xehanort in Terra's body. Apprentice Xehanort is what remained after Xehanort and Terra had their tug-o-war inside of that body.

It's the reason why we even have these distinctions.

Ah okay, interesting point of view! You’re right, it seems to be important to distinguish even between these guys although they technically have the same body.

SerDuncan

Right, right. I get that they're different, but for all intents and purposes, I'm curious why we didn't get Apprentice Xehanort instead. They would both have effectively the same powers (I assume) and could have served the same function for Terra's return (I assume). That's all I meant.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Dark Baymax shares similarities with Terranort. Both an empty body of a friend being used as a vessel by a dark force (Hiro's chip/Darkubes and Xehanort respectively) so thematically he would make sense for San Fransokyo.

It would have been nice to have seen him before Keyblade Graveyard. Since Terranort and Ansem share the same actors they could have kept him a "surprise" by keeping his hood up.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Dark Baymax shares similarities with Terranort. Both an empty body of a friend being used as a vessel by a dark force (Hiro's chip/Darkubes and Xehanort respectively) so thematically he would make sense for San Fransokyo.

It would have been nice to have seen him before Keyblade Graveyard. Since Terranort and Ansem share the same actors they could have kept him a "surprise" by keeping his hood up.

Which is why I don't get why Mickey said he was the 13th member, yet, it feels like they built up Xion for this spot.

Back