• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What world are you most looking to play in?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What revealed world are you most looking to play in?

• Hercules

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Toy Story

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Monsters Inc

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Tangled

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Frozen

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Big Hero 6

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Pirates of the Caribbean

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Twilight Town

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Scala Ad Caelum

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other (Winnie the Pooh, Keyblade Graveyard, etc.). If selected please state which one.

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LostArtist

Awards
Oh yeah, I don’t doubt that this is the world that is Nomura’s favourite. Just wish we could have seen some actual gameplay. I would love a real world and not a funnel to the final boss like I’m fearing D:

Lmaooo let's hope it's more like DDD's final world

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I can't get hyped for those worlds because of a few reasons.

With Twilight Town they have revamped the areas so they are more lively and full of people and things. Looking back at KH2's Twilight Town and it's amazing how barren it was for a city. This time we have restaurants, shrubs, trees, and people everywhere, which is lovely, but they aren't expanding the world "outwards". They aren't showing off any new areas (and Nomura said there likely won't be new areas for original worlds) or giving any reasons to believe there's more to the world than what was in previous games.

For Scala ad Caelum, I can't judge any excitement I have off of a single glimpse of the world. I have no idea of the scope of the world, how explorable it will be, what kind of people are there, the enemies, things to do etc, whereas I can get the idea from the Disney worlds. It's a nice looking world, it's very fresh, but I can't be quite hyped for it in the same way I can't be fully hyped for Corona. There's just not enough there for me to realise how it all works and connects and giving me reasons as to why I should be excited for it.

When you put it like that, Scala ad Caelum doesn't sound that interesting anymore, jk. But I am excited to see the new Disney Worlds and play in them too. It's been so long getting to have a adventure with Sora, Donald, and Goofy again. As for Twilight Town, I'll always be excited for it, no matter what it looks like. Mainly because it's the place Roxas is associated with and I'm so bias lol. Plus it has Scrooge and Remy right? Two of my favorite Disney and Pixar characters.

Neo_

Awards
Toy Story, with Monsters in a close second.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
After reading Chaser's reasons as to why he's excited for the worlds included, I feel as though I got to step my enthusiasm game up, so I may as well elaborate as to why Big Hero 6 will end up being my favourite Disney world to visit.

For starters, it's a world based on a superhero property. That's just inherently cool, especially for Kingdom Hearts. Nomura can really flex his creative muscles and have a lot of set pieces take inspiration from superhero movies. People always wondered how Marvel may feel with Kingdom Hearts? well, this is arguably the closest we're going to get with that through Big Hero 6. The Disney property may just be loosely inspired by the Marvel comics series of the same name, but that doesn't mean that we cannot have some really cool setpieces. Also, the Big Hero 6 gang in general just look like really cool characters, and Sora visiting a version of Japan is just so meta.

Secondly, it seems to be the last Disney world visited. The last Disney worlds for each numbered Kingdom Hearts game is often the most lore related Disney world included. Neverland had Riku as an antagonist and also involved Wendy being mistaken as a Princess of Heart. Tron's second visit involved the MCP infecting Hollow Bastion with Heartless, and Tron restoring Hollow Bastion to Radiant Garden, so it stands to reason that Big Hero 6 will arguably have the most lore related element out of all the Disney worlds chosen. A lot of people are hoping that Dark Baymax gets restored, and he ends up joining Sora, because I do not see Hiro keeping two Baymax's in San Fransokyo, and killing off Tadashi's Baymax just would not sit right with Big Hero 6 fans.

Finally, I feel that this world is going to have "that boss battle". You know, the boss battle that is extremely difficult, but so rewarding once you complete it. My money is on Replica Riku, they can re-create that boss battle of Riku-Ansem from Kingdom Hearts. And I cannot forget to mention how beautiful the world looks at night. Speaking of beautiful, I mentioned earlier about memorable setpieces? well, this is the Disney world that can best integrate scrapped gameplay elements from Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Final Fantasy Versus XIII was always planned to be this fantasy based on reality. Well, Big Hero 6 created a fantasy out of technology and science, so put two and two together, and you can see how Big Hero 6 is surprisingly complimentary to what Nomura planned for Versus XIII.

Shinji Hashimoto said that Big Hero 6 is his favourite Disney world. People have been complaining that San Fransokyo seems to be the blandest world out of all the confirmed Disney properties so far in terms of environmental enjoyment, but I trust Hashimoto's judgement. I think there'll be some genuinely cool moments exclusive to San Fransokyo.

khmickey

I have to agree with Chaser, it's incredibly hard to choose just one or even a couple of worlds above the rest - I'm probably least looking forward to "Frozen" because I'm not sure what they can do with a snowy desert there to make it feel varied... But all the other worlds look amazing.

I hope there is another world to come because it definitely feels as if we're missing some sort of environment but I can't put my finger on what...

If I HAD to choose one, I'd probably go with Scala Ed Caelum (or Cable Town) because IMO it's the most original out of all the worlds in terms of it's build and everything - it just looks like a fantasy city and like there'll be a lot to explore, which I love!

I do hope Big Hero 6 and Monsters have more NPCs than shown in trailers because otherwise they might come across as empty but their aesthetic has me encouraged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back