• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Willis was talking about.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambrosia

I haven't done this in so long and I'd really love to give it a try again. Unfortunately this place seems so dead. Regardless, I'd like to make an open challenge to any and all opponent(s). The only requirements I ask of are that it be a power battle and that anyone participating is able to give it a decent amount time and attention. If there's any of you left that is. Anything else is open to suggestion. I'll post the character I'll be using if I manage to find an opponent.

Ambrosia

It doesn't matter to me really, whatever you're comfortable with. I'm going to assume from reading another thread you're looking for mid-tier?

Chromatic

Become
Awards
Correct. I prefer to battle in the middle range of character powers. I'm not up for a battle with such powers that can break worlds and bend reality in extremity.

Ambrosia

Alright, that's fine with me. I'm using a work in progress anyway so it works. I'll need a day or two before I post it, and that allows a bit of time to see if anyone else is interested in participating too. We can begin after that unless you have anything else to suggest.

Ambrosia

Alright, here is a rough start of this character. I hope you don't see him as too powerful for this conflict as I've attempted to leave enough explanation of his abilities to find plenty of limits and flaws. May make a few edits, but nothing significant I assure you.

Name: Gabriel Valthierus
Aliases: The Cleanser, The Purifier, Eviscerator
Race: Weapon created by The Church of Alexander (Unknown)
Birthplace: Eastern Continent Alexander; one of two continents within Ambrose, responsible for the creation of the holy and unholy weapons.
Faction: The Church of Alexander

Depiction:
Height - 6'10"
Weight - 235 lbs.
From just about any perspective, or at least those knowledgable in what defines a 'holy man', Gabriel is perceived as a large, muscular being of deep allegiance to god. This is relected in every aspect of his appearance. Short, blonde, jagged hair of the head and a brisk grace of dark facial hair. His muscular build is quite often veiled with the robes of his church, a long and dark robe emblemed with the crosses of his church. In work and battle however, he discards the robe in respect. This reveals his build and the medium bulk of armor that encase his arms, as well as a large image of the cross engraved into his chest. The vows of his church are permanently etched into his back. There is nothing else significant about his appearance other than his thin black pants and black, light-weight boots.

Armor
Garment
The armor that encases the arms of Gabriel are of the purest, brightest white imaginable. This is said because when revealed they glisten a white light as if freshly wetted and cast out in sunlight. While they hold the appearance of mildly bulky armor, they are made of countless, small threads created by the church in the holiest of waters. These threads bind together almost by an instinct and as thread hold very little value in weight and feel less like armor and more like robe sleeves to Gabriel. The composition of Garment is uncorruptable by methods foreign to the church, and even they are unsure of a proper destruction ability. That stated, they are removable and altered at will by Gabriel. See: Punishment

Armament:
Counted Blessings
Gabriel's main form of attack. He holsters two longs blades that resemble giant knives moreso than swords due to their slanted curve. These two are purposely for quick work and are disposable, as the amount of blades at his disposal are without limit. They are usually seem to be crafted out of thin air, or emitting from his body. Dawned on their small handle is the cross of the church, and a symbol of their power. Blessed by the waters of the church and forged in holy flame, what is pierced by these blades are purified and destroyed completely without limit. This extends to beings, souls and manifests, and even those of greater power than Gabriel, as they are foreign to the church.

Skills/Techniques:
Gabriel holds only a few powers outside the extensions of his armor and armaments. His battle prowess mostly stems from manipulating them into techniques of his own. Some abilities rely on the power of the church and what is foreign to the church, so it is thought that something belonging to Gabriel can be used a method of protection, but this is not true. All properties are useless to anyone other than Gabriel. His techniques and powers are listed here:

Prohibition: A form of holy spell, it is a limiting field. The spell can be directed by will. It emblems where directed the cross of the church and extinguishes all powers of the unholy. If there is no allegiance it only weakens abilities, an example would be hindering flames to small embers.

Seraphim: Allows Gabriel to create seven images of himself, they are exact clones of Gabriel at full power. The purpose of this ability is to multiply his power, the possibilities of his abilities are expanded when there are seven of him. The images can be absorbed as an energy source. Each image cannot multiply and multiplication is limited to only seven.

Punishment: Gabriel's signature technique. The threads of Garment are manipulated and divide to create a whole new weapon. A near infinite number of indestructible threads that can slice through anything foreign to the church. The threads can bind to create.

Cleanse: A technique where a large amount of energy drawn from Garment's limitless supply is focused through a narrow pathway as an energy 'bomb', only multiplied by the tunnel.

``
Preface: The prowess of his abilities originate from the holy magic of the church, and the deadly capabilities of the magic of the church spawn from strict code of exclusion. These elements have eliminated any reliance other than the vows and devotion to the church. While there are some known to have powers able to tap in or disrupt the source of magics, any efforts would be futile with the magic of the holy lands. This is a result of the great sacrifices made by said land. The cross and vows eternally marked to his skin are the only peek into Gabriel's history of sacrifice and oath. It is the oath that has cursed him, as well as blessed him with power that is uncorruptable, no matter how great or godly another being may be. The Church of Alexander, it's vows, and the oath they made with the origins of creation, are something far greater than their appearance. The depths of this history will soon be grasped.

History: --

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back