• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

what were your fist impressions of birth by sleep

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digidude111

we have to admit there is a critic in all of us. i'm sure there have probably been threads like this before but i'll share anyway. what were ur first impressions of bbs when it was first announced? my opinions have changed since then, but when i first saw MX i almost threw up. here they just started to evolve the mysterious xehanort into a psycho evil character and turned him into a pedo old man. (after playing the game i realized that MX was much more epicer than AX Ansem SOD and Xemnas ever were.) i also was made they made ventus look like roxas because i missed the times when roxas didn't have to have a heart and could just be identified as sora's nobodies. (i actually began to like ven anyway) and finally the presentation. when the first trailer came out there was nothing in the game that particularly interested me. (thank god the beta version of the game wasn't the final or i probably wouldn have gotten it.) the worlds also seemed pretty bland at that stage. (don't look at me funny it was when we only knew of keyblade graveyard and the disney princess worlds.) all in all though i was satisfied with bbs but i would like to hear your opinions. What were YOUR first impressions of bbs?

αsiя

space coke
A fun hack and slash that rekindled my love for Kingdom Hearts (lost again though.)

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Well, I first came back into the KH series when BBS was released in Japan, and I thought it was going to be the best game ever and when I got it I would play it every day. Now after a month that I got it, it has been two days since I last played it. I barely play it anymore.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
My first impressions were marginally customary, and by that- I mean I had a climatic nerdgasm. I remember the first day I saw the Birth By Sleep trailer. It gave me two questions: Why does this old man dressed indentical to AnsemSod? Why is there a Roxas look a like here?

*sighs* Hard to believe it's been over three years now.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
My fist left an impression of a few fingers on the cover- Oh wait first inpressions.
I first started playing with Terra, and maybe it was because over the 5 years I had spent waiting for this game I had built up such a hype for it in my mind that when I first began I wasn't really taken by it, in fact I was kinda disapointed. Fast forward a few worlds and I got used to the different style of the game, was having fun with the commands and was really enjoying the story and characters. Over all I loved it, though sad to say I haven't really played it that much since I 100%'d it

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I hadn't played a KH game in such a long time, combined with the CGI opening, combined with my hype made it pretty great.

I had to stop playing prematurely but I couldn't wait to pick it up again, I played all three in a test before going with Terra for my first run.

Pratiko

Awards
First impressions...?

>Choose Aqua as first character
>Critical Mode
>Go to Cinderella's World
>Have 39º fever
>No save points anywhere close (didn't know about the one in the direct outside of the castle)
>Rage.

Pretty much that.

geisttgih

My first impressions were that the game had great production values, and was definitely offering up a full-fledged, innovative, and just plain FUN Kingdom Hearts experience. I feel without hesitation that it has the best battle system of any of the games, and it challenged me in a way that none of the games have (except KH1 when I was... 11?) Great level of difficulty, but perhaps too much emphasis on what I call "wave dashing", which is essentially having to mash dash/roll/cartwheel in later fights almost constantly. Awesome emphasis on blocking throughout the game though.

I do feel that the game's system of three stories, while conveying the story in an interesting way, made the game mechanics complex. I don't like the fact that, were someone to not happen to gather all the Xehanort Reports in their first playthroughs, they wouldn't get any notice about a Final Episode even existing, and be left with an incredibly unresolved ending. I also find their requirements for unlocking "Blank Points", while fair, are a bit too complex as well, to the point where I have seen numerous threads and Yahoo Answers topics seeking explanation for the system and for various scenarios of completion.

Multifridgeman

Very first impression from the secret ending was that it was actually KH3, Ven was Roxas/Sora's dad, the masked guy was Riku, the old, bald guy was a completely new villain altogether and (knowing Final Fantasy) Aqua was a guy. No jokes.
When I first played it, I took Nomura's advice and decided to play it through the TVA order (it worked, it was epic o.o). Terra's slow, but powerful moves gave me an insight on how the game played, and I loved it. Simple, straightforward X-mashing ground and air combos, mixed with a few strategically timed commands. Making battle look as fluent and connected as possible was my goal, and it kept me playing until the early hours! The number of collectibles that you actually WANT to collect is amazing. about 120 commands, isn't it? The addition of D-links from summons was a giant step forward. I was reluctant to use any summons in KH1/2, but D-links are fast, fun and effective. Shotlocks seemed like each character's own limit break to me, so they were instantly awesome. One thing that is awesome, yet annoying, are the command styles. Yes, they look cool and take the place of drive forms, but they are sometimes annoying to activate. If you are whacking an enemy senseless with your keyblade, then use one fire spell to finish it off, boom! Firestorm. I think i stand for all the schmoes with 4gb memory cards when I say that the lengthy waiting time for command styles is a complete turn-off when you're in the heat of battle. This comes into effect horribly in the mirage arena. I can understand not being able to pause in the online games, but offline games should be able to pause. On top of that, Enemies aren't affected by the command style's loading time, meaning they're free to crowd around you and spam attacks until your invincibility runs out. This is not so good when you're up against 6 bruisers or worse, any Iron Imprisoner.
Other than that, I thought the game was perfect. The most addicting game I have ever played.

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
My first impression of the game was, "OMG ZACK IS IN BIRTH BY SLEEP!?" When I found out later on that "Zack" was actually Terra since they look alike and all.

And then Nomura decided to do add in some LULZ and actually put Zack Fair into the game.

So then my mind went....*brain explosion*

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
My first impression of the game was, "OMG ZACK IS IN BIRTH BY SLEEP!?" When I found out later on that "Zack" was actually Terra since they look alike and all.

And then Nomura decided to do add in some LULZ and actually put Zack Fair into the game.

So then my mind went....*brain explosion*

SO DID MINE

My first impression was, huhhh this looks weird (secret ending: birth by sleep)

Then it was something like... the new character and the plot of Days sucked ass, I'm almost scared to hope this won't fuck up my beloved series any more :s

Then it was: ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
if you count the secret ending that I thought was KH III I thought it looked awsome but it didn't look like KH. much more adult kinda. Then there was the FM+ trailer that rocked and made me write a bunch of theories that sucked. It took a while to discover the first trailer that was not cgi

Sadie808

terranort005.png

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Ah, I remember the first time I saw the secret ending. I was like 10 or 11, lol

"wtf is going on"
"oh my god why do they have kingdom key?"
"who's that old guy?? xehanort's grandfather i bet!"
"OHMYGOD it's getting intense"
"OH MY GOD IS THAT RIKU no wait it's blue hair... it's a she??"
"i think that was riku's mom"
"omfg wtf is going on??"
"IT'S ROXAS OH MY GOD HE'S FROZEN AND DEAD NOOOOOOO"
"shut up mom go away"
"what's old guy doing OH MY GOD IT'S THAT HEART SHAPED MOON"
"oh hi guy with helmet i just noticed you lol"
"OH MY GOD IT'S ZACK HOLY SHIT I WANT THIS GAME wait why is he here lol"

State

Awards
My first impressions were when I saw KH2FM's secret ending:
The story would resolve around three individuals that would need to defeat two supervillains. They defeated the threat, but, the blonde one died due to too much exposure to cold temperatures (that was before reading the theory that he was still alive because he moved his eyes when he was frozen), the blue-haired chick also died and the big guy became Xehanort.

01habbo

My first impression was that BBS had rekindled my love for the series, by providing a really awesome battle system, which made you challenge yourself and actually think about what to do instead of just smacking them with a keyblade.

Crystal

Silver Member
My first impression on BBS is from the secret ending of KH2 FM+
I thought Aqua is Riku xD. Ventus is Roxas, and i thought he is dead which killed by Xehanort.
Who is the mask guy ? xD
And Terra is so handsome xDDD

Stars

リク
My first impression on BBS was when I watch the secret ending, me too, thought Aqua is Riku and finally realize Aqua is a woman though it was pretty obvious xD
And I thought it was a continue story of KH2 but it was not as i think Ventus is Roxas.
The mask guy caught me most interests and the old guy.
Lastly, I thought Terra is Xemnas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back