• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What was your game store conversation like?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sorasblade

i called gamestop and the guy was like all out of air as if he ran like 20 miles or something. because i asked if he had the limited edition guide and all he said was no tommorow, i was like okay.

then he just hung up.

Sharikaaria

guy: hello this is ebgames (yadayadayada) how may i help you?
me: hi, i was wondering when kingdom hearts 2 will be up for sale
guy: the 29th
me: isn't the release the 28th?
guy: uhhh.... hold on *talks to the guy next to him*
me:....
guy: i think it's the 29th
me: ok thanks

they really never seem to have any idea what they're talking about

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
They tell me the 28th, I go in this afternoon. Guess what? You guessed, they didn't have them yet. They're supposed to get them 2:00P.M. Tomorrow. I'm officially pissed. Tomorrow, I have to go back to school in less than an hour right after I leave. Then, i'm not back until 6P.M. that gives me, maybe 45 minutes, max, of playing KH2 before I leave, and maybe another 30 minutes after, when i'm so tired from the school day and trip to the science fair, that I probably won't play it. Luckily, I get back at 3:00P.M. at my second day of science fair, the 30th. Basically said, I won't be able to get to the title part when it says "Kingdom Hearts 2" or to really play it to a good point. So, i'm mostly pissed off because I'll have KH2 in my house, but I won't be able to play it for 2 more days. T_T

Maybe I should work at Gamestop, it's a okay wage, and I know my way around video games. At least i'll be able to know what I'm doing instead of these guys who just sit around and either be bored, hyper, or talk about their favorite shooter games. That, and i'll make sure not to rush them if I can avoid it. They really seem to push the "Buy all of our games, and GIT-OUTTA-HERE-YE-FILTHLY-PENILESS-CHUMP!"...Well, that's a little exaggerated, but you get my point. <<;

kthundercat

First, I want to say that I have been calling my GameStop periodically for a few weeks now trying to get info on when everything is being released there. Every time that I call there they tell me that I will (would) be able to pick up my LE guide the day before the game is released. (Today) I called them again today to see if I would also be able to pick up the game and here is how it went.......

Chick:Hello this is GameStop how can I help you?

Me:I know that I can pick up the guide today but I was also wondering if I would be able to pick up the game....?

Chick:You won't be able to pick up either until tomorrow.

Me:But for the past two weeks people there have been telling me that I could pick up the guide tomorrow...... *really wanting to scream now*

Chick:I'm sorry but we can't release the guide until we release the game.

Me: You do have the LE guide there right?

Chick:Yeah, but they are all reserved.

Me: Doesn't matter, I reserved one. But now I'm wondering if I'll be able to choose what cover I get with it.....?

Chick: You won't know until you open it, and I hear that there are four different covers for it.

*Like this broad thinks I don't know*

Then we said good bye and i screamed.....

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Does anyone fear that they won't be able to get the LE guide, like I do, because they don't have it reserved. It'd better not be sold out be the time I get there tomorrow! It'll probably be 5-7 pm before I can pick it up. With my luck, It'll be sold out by then...

Henskie

I'm Batman
HIM- Thank you for EB games where you can now get more for your dvd and video game trade-ins.

ME- Hi are you selling the Kingodom Hearts II game today?

Him- Sorry it doesnt come out till tomorrow but it will be on the shelves first thing in the morning

Me- ok.....thanks *click*

kthundercat

You should be worried, as far as I know they've already been sold out because so many people have pre-ordered them that they only ordered how ever many people had a pre-order. Sorry dude but unless you have a credit card and can order online then you're outta luck.

Prince_Diamond

my coversation was with gamestop.

Him: Thank you for calling Gamestop where you can buy and sell used games, this is (him) speaking, how can I help you?

Me: Hi, I would like to know when you are going to start selling kingdom hearts 2?

Him: Wednesday man.

Me: Hey, if i reserved a copy of the game when can I pick it up?

Him: Tomorrow (wednesday).

Me: Alrighty then, thank you.

Him: Bye.

It wasn't a very pleasant conversation... especially the second or third time I called... he got mad... lol... he'll live. Oh... and today gamestop called so i could go pick it up tomorrow. ^_^!

Deadlock

Website
www.myspace.com
KH Vandread said:
Does anyone fear that they won't be able to get the LE guide, like I do, because they don't have it reserved. It'd better not be sold out be the time I get there tomorrow! It'll probably be 5-7 pm before I can pick it up. With my luck, It'll be sold out by then...
That's why I already pre-bought it online(although Amazon SUCKS and I won't actually HAVE it until April 2nd..). Just go to a book store (Barnes & Noble, Borders) if you can't get it anywhere else. (Or you could just buy it online! :D )

KingdomSealer

earlier today,
Guy: Thank you for calling Gamecrazy on (street name) where you can preorder (name of game) how can i help you?
Me: Yeah i was wondering if you got you copies of KH in yet?
Guy: Yes we have.
Me: Ok so i reserved it, is it possible to pick it up today?
Guy: Yes you can, oh can you hold on a sec?
Me: Sure, *waits a few seconds*
Guy: Oh sorry we havent gotten the game in yet, just the stratagy guide.
Me: Oh, ok well thanks.
that made me feel depressed to a high level. one second i was on top of the world, the next, i was down in the dirt.

just a few minutes ago:
Manny: Thank you for calling Gamecrazy on (street name) where you can preorder (name of game) this is Manny speaking how may i help you?
Me: Yeah i was wondering when do you get your copies of KH2 in?
Manny: I'm not sure, we should get them in tomorrow.
Me: Ok so when do you guys open?
Manny: At 10'o clock.
Me: Ok thanks.

MilkMan20206

(Calling...)

Him: Hi this is EB Games where you can trade in games for Kingdom Hearts 2

Me: Hi is Kingdom Hearts 2 in toda- (Cut me off)

Him: No. It will be here tomorrow.

Me: Oh

(Click...)

After that I basically sat around waiting for tomorrow.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I live in Texas and not many people in my town are into KHII, but that doesn't mean there aren't others. I'll keep my hopes up though!

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
Me: Im here to pick up a game...

Him: KHII?

Me: Yup.

Him: Got your receipt?

Me: Yup.

Him: Beautiful. What's your name?

Me: (my name)

Him: Beautiful. What strategy guide do you want?

Me: The Limited Edition one.

Him: Beautiful. Plus you get 20% discount.

Me: Cool. *gives money and gets game and guide*

Him: Anything else?

Me: Thats all for now. I'll come back another day to pre-order Advent Children and FFXII.

Him: Beatuiful.

-----

Yeah, I think he loves that word.

E

Eclipse

i'm not surprised, the release date is the 28th, but they don't get it until/not allowed to sell till the 29th. These tricky little stores XD

i expected this, so i wasn't pissed when he told me come back tomorrow

Me: *dialing*
EBGames: Hello this is EBgames where we have *blah blah shut up*
Me: uh yes i have a question
EBGames: yes?
Me: I pre-ordered a game here--kingdom hearts 2?
EBGames: Uh huh?
Me: I was wondering whether you are getting it today, or should I come by tomorrow
EBGames: Uh we will be getting our shipment tomorrow I think
Me: Do you know about what time I should go to pick it up?
EBGames: Um i'd say around noon
Me: Oh ok! thank you.
EBGames: No problem! Thank you for calling EBGames
Me: Oh wait i have one more question.
EBGames: *beep*
Me: T_T

i was gonna ask about the LE guide T_T

Zearth

Ashy to Classy
*I know the guy*

Me: Yo David. So...how bout that KH2?
David:......oh srry dude we get them tommorow. I know I said today but now its tommorow.
Me........Da ****? You ****in kidding me!! Imma beat yo ass!! *beats the crap out of him, and finds a copy of kh2 in his pocket*
Me....Hmm? Whats this sucka?! Thought you didn't have any?!
David: Oh shit....please don't tell the manager! We really do have them, but we don't want you guys to sleep in front of the store!! Oh gawd please don't bust a 1-87 in my ass!!!
Me: I'll be takin' this chump! And I better have my MGS 3 tommorow....
David: *crying*

I then walked out the store like a G....drivin' off in ma Cadillac on twenties....WITH DA WHEELS DAT SPIN!!

Deinstar

Gunblade Master
here's how mine went

guy: thank you for choosing ebgames blah blah blah
me: i preordered kingdom hearts 2 do you know when it will be there
guy: it'll be here tomorrow morning right before we open
guy: did you preorder? because if you didn't then your pretty much out of luck
me: yeah i preordered i knew that was going to happen
me: ok thanks bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back