• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What was the Point of Vanitas?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zulkir

There was a scene in which MX stated "those who's hearts are stained with darkness are not worthy of wielding the keyblade"

he was actually saying in japanese "chi-blade" which actually means "X-blade"

I think he made Vanitas to remove the darkness in Ven's heart so he could acquire the X-blade.

But for some reason, Vanitas had it...so I don't know, the trailer may have been mistranslated.

~Avant~

ok its nice that you can say that, but WHY was he an important tool? How did his existance in anyway further Master Xehanorts schemes?

Or is the rumor about Vanitas/Ventus being necessary to summon the xBlade true?

ShootingStar

kinda makes you feel bad for ven, doesn't it?

Right? D:
Poor kid.

Wait is Ven special or something to be able to summon the X-blade. Or can anyone do it.

I'm not entirely sure? It seems to hint that Ven's special somehow, though, because of the way some things say... But then, it's a pretty literal translation. Personally I'm inclined to think he's special somehow.
It seems like Ven was MX's apprentice first, too? I'm not really sure. I want to the see cutscene in the beginning, though, because they say that MX and Ven exchange "devious looks?"

Z

Zulkir

ok its nice that you can say that, but WHY was he an important tool? How did his existance in anyway further Master Xehanorts schemes?

Or is the rumor about Vanitas/Ventus being necessary to summon the xBlade true?

Xehanort used him(vanitas) as a target to send Terra against, and convinced him to use darkness to fight Vanitas.

Vanitas also served as a assistant to MX, an apprentice that would not be bothered by using darkness.

He also had the perk of unleashing unversed, to get TAV out of the land of departure and expose them to darkness.

And yes, I need more translated cutscenes, but I believe Ven/Vanitas split was needed to Acquire the X-blade.

Right? D:
Poor kid.

Ven: can't wake up, fragmented heart

Terra: Heart merged with Xehanort

Aqua: Stuck, wandering the realm of darkness alone for TWELVE YEARS, I would go insane for not having any human contact for 12 years.

Welcome to KHI

ShootingStar

Flashback. Neo Shadows are seen

Ventus "Ah...Ahhh..Stop it master! It's impossible for my own power!"

MX "No, You're just being sealed. The wave that resonates with the darkness deep within your heart...now it's the time to let it go! Change your fears to rage! And without the release of your emotion of darkness deep within your heart, you'll be gone and erased from this world! Now...It's time to get twisted by the darkness...And then let me hold the Key(X)blade!"

Ventus "Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!"

Ventus got attacked by the Neo Shadows.

MX then walks to Ventus

MX "Even up the end you did not use your power of darkness. What a useless disciple. At the very least, I'll extract the darkness deep within your heart."

MX then uses his keyblade and aims at Ventus's heart and extracts a part of his heart out.

And a dark aura is formed and borns out a whole, another entity.

Ventus then passes out.

MX "A hollow that is orginally born out of Ventus. With that, from now on, You shall be referred as Vanitas"

Vanitas "Yes, Master."

---

Ventus "Ughh....arghhh"

Vanitas "Then just create a reason to fight."

Ventus "What?"

Vanitas "You will come as well. The place that is suitable for the birth of the Key(X)blade - The Grave of the Keyblade. With there you'll see the last of Terra and Aqua. Will you be able to quietly see it through..."

Ventus "WAIT!"

Vanitas disappears into darkness.

Ventus "Terra, Aqua...I'll end it all"

A portal is created from Ventus, thus...

LOST MEMORY keyblade gained and Xehanort Report 9 as well.

Up to the Graveyard

A plan lands, Terra is seen, along with Aqua walking in.

Aqua "Master...has been killed."

Terra was surprised...but soon he felt as if he is guilty of it.

Terra "Yeah...I know. I ended up lending a hand to Xehanort. Master...plans to eliminate Ven. Therefore to protect Ven, I fight. But...this was all Xehanort's plan. He's aiming for the darkness deep within me. The master who was worrying about me and got chased by you, was indeed not mistaken at all. At the end, I'll finish this off myself."

Aqua is sad

Aqua "Hatred and rage...borns darkness. If you ended up falling into darkness and ended up fighting with it, you're just falling deeper into Xehanort's plans. If that's the case, you can't be fighting according to Master's wish, Terra."

Ventus then walks in

Ventus "Xehanort wishes for me and Vanitas to fight, so that he can create the Key(X)blade. Master says that Key(X)blade cannot be created at all cost, and tries to eliminate me."

Aqua "Key(X)blade..."

Ventus "I do not know what actually is a Key(X)blade. But my heart fears the creation of the Key(X)blade."

Terra "Don't worry, we won't let you be in fear"

Ventus "I...will end up fighting with Vanitas. If that happens, that's why I..."

Terra "We are friends that are connected through bonds. I won't let that happen."

Aqua comforts Ventus as well

Ventus "As a friend, I have a a request....Please...eliminate me"

Both Aqua and Terra are shocked. Then come both MX and Vanitas.

MX "Look. This was once the power belonged to the master with one heart., the remains of the Key. The place where both the light and the darkness expanded the land, the battle of the Keyblades. The aftermath of the Keyblade War.

Many Keyblade users have sacrificed themselves, perished just for the one key they seek. And now it's the moment I own the key. The Key(X)blade."

All of them turned into their armor forms. REFER TO KH2 FM+ SECRET ENDING for the whole cutscene from there on.

Aqua "Ven!"

DESTINY ISLANDS

The portal opens, Ventus got reflected out of it

Ventus "Wait ! Terra!"

He tries to run through the portal but it got closed after.

While Ventus tries to go into his armor form. A voice is heard

??? "Where are you going?"

It's Vanitas

Ventus "I have nothing on you"

Vanitas "Even if you don't, I do...as a material you've grown far enough. Now it's the moment we shall be combined, and become the Key(X)blade."

Ventus "I won't. I know this. As long as I don't fight with you, The Key(X)blade won't be born, isn't it? Therefore I won't fight."

Vanitas "Even as a mere shell you speak so much."

And Ventus felt a headache...

LAND OF DEPARTURE

Ventus arrives at Land of Departure.

Ventus then goes up to the castle gate, he's afraid, but he keeps walking, and stops. Eraqus appears

Eraqus "Ventus! You're alone? Aren't you with Aqua...."

He then grabs on Ventus

Eraqus "But you're back. It's still too early for you to journey around. You'll still need to train on this ground..."

Ventus "And close me up?"

Eraqus "What?"

Ventus "And with that you're trying to keep me closed to this place!?"

Eraqus "What have you heard?"

Ventus "I become the Key(X)blade. AND WHAT IS THE KEY(X)BLADE!?"

Eraqus "I see that Xehanort has not given up"

--- Flashback

Eraqus "Wait Xehanort. You're stepping on the forbidden boundary here. Why do you seek on the Key(X)blade? All the worlds will be englufed by the darkness and returns to nothing!"

MX "Somehow the story of Key(X)blade and the Legend of the Keyblade War tells that once upon a time, the world has been covered by it's darkness, with there, born a new light. And that is only a part of the story...With the destruction after comes with a creation, what lies after the War of the Keyblade, We are once again question, with what the legend says, are we really the compatible ones with the light or not, is what I would like to make sure of. With the completion of the Key(X)blade, the key to the door to the Keyblade War shall be created."

Eraqus "Are you just doing this for the sake of your own interest? Are you saying that you're trying to test the world? I won't let the world be once again covered into darkness!"

MX "If that's the case, it's exactly what will be created, from the depths of the darkness. Think about it. Aren't we all, from the start born from the darkness, to the world of light?"

Eraqus"That's just a sophism!"

MX turns and walks away

Eraqus "If you don't understand after all this...I'll have to use force to stop you"

Eraqus charges on MX but MX effortlessly stops Eraqus with two aura strikes.

Eraqus "that...power...Have you fallen into the darkness! Xehanort!"

MX "You need not concern."

---

Eraqus "Xehanort...For the mistake that I am not being able to stop you of that time, I'll make it up now!"

Eraqus prepares his stance

Ventus "Master, what are you..."

Eraqus "Key(X)blade is not something that should exist. With now we know of Xehanort's true intention, I need to seal this up immedietely! Sorry Ven, but you are not allowed to exist!"

Eraqus then attacks Ven

Ventus stands up, and suddenly, a flash brights through...He remembered something about MX kicking him away when he's still lying on the floor, Destiny Island, talking to the old man and many more.

Kneeling down, Ventus feels like something is knocking his head hard and struggle.

MX "That's right, you're losing yourself."

Ventus "Uhh...Arghh"

MX "But it's not lost forever! It's gaining something in return of losing something. Now it's the time to gain back everything, and grabbing on something anew! Taking back the darkness that you lost! The complete light and the complete darkness clashed itself exactly and born on something new. The Final Key, the Keyblade (Japanese X Blade)"

Ventus "UHARGHH!"

Ventus "Key...blade?"

MX "The one we hold is not a keyblade. Key can be read as a Kai (X), but in originally we read it as Key. The ultimate ---- death, is what it means"

MX opens a darkness portal

Ventus "I become the Keyblade?"

(From now on, the keyblade shall be written as Key(X)blade but read as keyblade for easier reading)

MX "That's right. Eraqus knows this too. Who you really are"

Ventus "Master...?"

MX "Think carefully, Why you aren't being allowed to go on a journey? Eraqes fears this, fears that you know the truth, your real identity...That's why he, planted something, to look after on you"

The darkness portal strikes on Ventus

Ventus "That's right. He only do not allow me to go to the outside world."

He stands up

MX "Go! Listen to what Eraqus has to tell you of his truth, and you'll be able to remember what you have to do!"

Mickey and Ventus gets blown away and got sucked up to the portal

A bunch of quotes from here: Xenoserphia's Birth By Sleep Playjournal *MASSIVE SPOILERS* - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Message Board for PSP - GameFAQs

Sorry it's so long. ._.

Also I'm new. Hi! =D

True Reflection

Vanitas was there in the beginning, to be a stronger version of ven, one who would embrace the darkness. However, when ven woke up, (having connected to sora's heart) he was there to make ven stronger, and himself (by using the unversed-every time they were defeated, emotions came back to him.. dont understand) Therefore, when they became whole again, somehow the xblade was formed. Two conflicting pieces of heart make the xblade.

Tada, in a nut shell that IS what happened, possibly.

TerravsVentus

Well it explains how Sora can wield the Kingdom Key

b/c of Ventus' heart inside of him

Half the X-blade's power inside of him

Kingdom Key is called the keyblade`s Truest form ( not true form)

And the keyblade that mickey wielded during Until the end of KH2 was probably the other half of the X-blade.

Remember Mickey said they needed both to open/close the door to Kingdom Hearts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back