• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What WAS the Keyblade Graveyard before the keyblade war (bad theory warning)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Hello,
(please do note, that this theory was concocted in my head during the night, as I was mulling things over, some things that are better left unsaid).
So.... what was the keyblade graveyard pre-keyblade war?
Obviously it had to be something at some point, even for an original world. Looking over the original worlds in the games, they either reference an era (Traverse Town mimics Victorian architecture) is a hotspot for final fantasy and original characters (Twilight Town and Radiant Garden) or represent an arena or challenge mode (mirage arena in BBS and datascape in coded). It is true that the Keyblade Graveyard is one of the most important locales in the series for a multitude of reasons, with many clashes occurring in the wastes, but was it always like this? If the keyblade war didn't occur, what did this world really offer to any lifeform aside from ground to stand on? Which leads me to my (admittedly) trash theory, here me out.

One of the things that biologists learn about (and environment focused fields for that matter) is desertification, where land that once hosted life has now grown barren. For example, the Sahara Desert used to be a fertile grassland, until an influx of herbivorous domestic species came in and effectively reduced the plant life significantly. With this in mind, would it be that farfetched to assume that something was here before it became a wasteland. So what could it have been? What Disney movie primarily uses a mesa/desert like backdrop filled with canyons and cliffs, where the only thing for miles is a cactus and a tumbleweed! where...
It's Home on the Range,
You all remember Home on the Range right? the movie with Rosanne Barr as a cow trying to bring down a bandit? the movie that earned only 14 million dollars for Disney? right?
Yeah.... I didn't either. Honestly this wouldn't even work as a sick joke on Nomura's part. World slots are a precious commodity as it is, so why waste one on a box office bomb. Who out there on this planet would even wish for this to be a reality in which we live in, where cows interact with Sora and the gang? Even if it would put Jennifer Tilly in Kingdom Hearts to add another star to the long list of stellar performances I doubt it would be worth the risk.
But if I had to choose this being canon over Arendelle appearing in another game.... maybe it wouldn't be so bad?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The silver lining to a Home on the Range world would be getting Cowboy Sora.
But having it as the origin of the Keyblades Graveyard works as well, lol

Soldier

Awards
Honestly expected this to get more flak, but I could honestly see this being canon at this point. If a film isn't successful, why not represent it in the darkest way possible.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
If a film isn't successful, why not represent it in the darkest way possible.

That's messed up, man.

Call me crazy, I don't hate HotR. And it was a goofy movie campy film. Extremely hokey. But not all of them need to be life-changing. Sure it has the loopy Roseanne Barr, but Dame Judi Dench cancels her out.

I say run with your theory until you can't, because who knows if HotR will have another chance to live on in the hearts of KH fans.

Soldier

Awards
That's messed up, man.

Call me crazy, I don't hate HotR. And it was a goofy movie campy film. Extremely hokey. But not all of them need to be life-changing. Sure it has the loopy Roseanne Barr, but Dame Judi Dench cancels her out.

I say run with your theory until you can't, because who knows if HotR will have another chance to live on in the hearts of KH fans.
Alright then, as of today (October 2nd, 2020) the theory that the keyblade graveyard was originally a world based on Home of the Range is debatably canon now. Unless Nomura does something to change this (which is VERY unlikely), then this argument stands. The keyblade graveyard was fought on the land where the Rosanne Barr cow lived, think about that one people.

Back