• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What was the first thing you ever drew and were proud of?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandymint

Awards
I quite recently just came across a picture of a drawing I did now four years ago, and it was the first time I drew something entirely freehand and felt actually proud of myself. Especially since I hadn't drawn anything in maybe ten years.

Behold the majesty.

(kidding)

f73825eb0e.jpg

So what about you guys?

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Hmm... I had an art phase in high school where I drew all of the time and spent 5 hours a night doing my art homework (seriously happened). I remember spending up to 25-35 hours on some of those projects, and I was really into Kingdom Hearts at the time. Needless to say, almost every single piece of art I drew at the time was Kingdom Hearts related, and the first thing that I was super proud of drawing might have been this red moon revolving around the earth with a crown in the middle that I must have shaded for 6 hours to get right =P

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Okay then. I never thought I would do this, and I hope there will be NO RAGRETS (not even a single letter) even though it IS quite embarrassing.
I'm gonna link the first and only "fanart" I e v e r made in my life. I guess it's just not meant to be for everyone. It's from 2009, so I was 14. Behold...

I think I had a reference-picture, but can't find it anymore.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Yeah, I never finished the ear because I kinda lost faith I could do it. xD Now it's...this. Lol.
Although I have to say those were good times. I met up with a friend regularly to watch all the episodes of the series. And the abridged series which is absolutely great up to this day. *nostalgia*

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I've honestly never been fully satisfied with anything I've ever drawn. I'm super critical about my works and my standards for what is good enough keep going higher much faster than my skills so it'll probably never even happen.

No wait that's actually wrong. I used to draw horrible cat comics all the time in my previous school and even tape them to the walls. Some students and teachers tried taking them off but I just kept putting them back and making new ones. Only one teacher and some of my friends knows I was the one to do it lol. I love drawing them tbh and they're high class art as you're about to see if you click the spoiler. I'm proud.

Raise your expectations, they're about to be blown away.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I've honestly never been fully satisfied with anything I've ever drawn. I'm super critical about my works and my standards for what is good enough keep going higher much faster than my skills so it'll probably never even happen.

No wait that's actually wrong. I used to draw horrible cat comics all the time in my previous school and even tape them to the walls. Some students and teachers tried taking them off but I just kept putting them back and making new ones. Only one teacher and some of my friends knows I was the one to do it lol. I love drawing them tbh and they're high class art as you're about to see if you click the spoiler. I'm proud.

Raise your expectations, they're about to be blown away.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

This is, this is.... incredible. I laughed a few solid minutes when I opened the spoiler. :D And you taiped these on walls too? Awesome.

Mine was probably some KH-related art I did during high school. I don't have it anymore, but I remember drawing a big Heartless. To know how to draw muscles I looked trough some of the later volumes of Ruroni Kenshin. There was this big puppet enemy which studied and then learned how to draw at least medicore muscles.
Other piece that I was proud was some FMA/KH thing. I drew..... *covers head out of embarrassment* my nobody sitting on a throne. I copied the throne and the sitting position(and overall body layout) from an artwork in one of the FMA artbooks.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
All of my art is where it belongs: wrapped up and shoved against a wall. I'm not bad at art...but I don't like looking at my stuff. So I'm never proud of anything. I don't even have many photos up online for that fact. I thought this was a cute thumbnail to share, though:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler: the actual charcoal skull I drew did not look as cute. :c

Pandymint

Awards
Hey now all of you did a better job than I did with my Goku. At least your lines are smoother xD

DefiantHeart

Awards
Hmm, second grade was when I first started drawing. ( Always free hand.) Never made something I could be proud of though... I guess ish cause I'd keep losing art contests. Oh wait a moment, there was this one time in high school where this guy really liked my doodles for some reason. He said he'd buy them if he had money, and since I had no value in them, I gave them to him for free... even made a third to tie the doodles together. ^_^ Wonder what happened to him, he was always unusual in art class and experimented with his art in bizarre ways... which is saying something being surrounded by creative people. ( Except me, I'm not very creative. XD) I guess chu could say I felt proud that someone found value enough in my stuff to buy it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back