• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What was behind the door?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralkale

ok so this may have been talked about already, but at the end of KHI, after Ansem is defeated, the door to kingdom hearts opens, revealing an intense, pure light that "destroys" ansem. then, the light dissipates and the door is simply left open. sora and the gang rush to close it, and upon looking inside, they see scores of heartless and what looks like the entire realm of darkness on the other side.

now... help me understand what exactly we are seeing during this scene, because i have been struggling with this for a long time... my only theory is that what we are seeing is the door representing a path to where to find kingdom hearts within the realm of darkness, since, as we know, the true kingdom hearts was swallowed by darkness after the keyblade war. aside from that, i have no clue. any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: What was behind the door? (spoilers)

I assume KH only affected Ansem seeing he was a heartless and Sora, Donald, and Goofy were not. Of course that begs the question why it doesn't affect the heartless already there.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

The Kingdom Hearts behind Xehanort's door was a fake, created by the destruction of the worlds and summoned by the princesses. It is destroyed when they seal the door, so we never get to see exactly what or where it was behind the door. The door itself is showing you the Realm of Darkness, but specifically where is unknown.

We know the realms are like a staircase. stacked on top of each other. The door to darkness was probably at the top of the border of the dark realm, if it truly existed between both.

You are correct though, the true Kingdom Hearts is sleeping deep within the darkness but according to 3D we've yet to actually see it properly.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

You are correct though, the true Kingdom Hearts is sleeping deep within the darkness but according to 3D we've yet to actually see it properly.

Considering what both Yen Sid and Xehanort say in DDD, it is not even confirmed that the true Kingdom Hearts even can be seen "properly" as they both indicate that it is invisible:

Yen Sid said:
Long ago, in the age of fairy tales, the World was filled with light--a gift, many believed, from an unseen power known as "Kingdom Hearts."

Master Xehanort said:
In ancient times, people believed that light was a gift from an unseen land by the name of Kingdom Hearts.

So for all the fans that say they want to see the true KH already it is questionable if that his even possible.

Ralkale

The Kingdom Hearts behind Xehanort's door was a fake, created by the destruction of the worlds and summoned by the princesses.

well that's an interesting thought then... i hadn't considered that ansem may have created a fake kingdom hearts, same as xemnas in KHII... if that is true, that shed's some light, indeed... i'll accept it :)

Ralkale

Considering what both Yen Sid and Xehanort say in DDD, it is not even confirmed that the true Kingdom Hearts even can be seen "properly" as they both indicate that it is invisible

you make a good point. one that i will be sure to remember as the series progresses. but i am not so much interested at the moment about what kingdom hearts looks like, rather what we are actually seeing behind the door at the end of the first KH

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

well that's an interesting thought then... i hadn't considered that ansem may have created a fake kingdom hearts, same as xemnas in KHII... if that is true, that shed's some light, indeed... i'll accept it :)

Yep, them's the facts! Should you or anyone else need further elaboration, here it is from the game's glossary:

Kingdom HeartsAccording to legend, the source of all true light is known as "Kingdom Hearts."
We know Xehanort has created two Kingdom Hearts now, both artificially, by amassing enough hearts. One was made from the hearts of worlds, and the other from the hearts of people.
The Kingdom Hearts made from the hearts of worlds had a door that led to the realm of darkness; its depths were never fully charted.
The Kingdom Hearts made from the hearts of people was believed to have the power to recomplete someone whose heart had been lost.

Veritas7340

I agree with what Tinny says; it sounds plausible.

It is kind of misleading though that the fake Kingdom Hearts in KH1 is buried underneath darkness just like the true Kingdom Hearts is.

For me anyway, this discussion begs the question what kind of Kingdom Hearts did Xehanort summon in BBS?

Ralkale

you make a good point as well veritas! that is quite curious... assuming Kingdom Hearts doesnt have a true form, as stated by tinny, then its plausible that what we see is just another fake kingdom hearts... regardless though, how he managed to conjure it is a mystery all its own.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Whatever it is MX revealed in bbs, since all he really did was part clouds we dont know if he really summoned anything, it can be taken as false as well as the other "kingdom hearts" we've seen in the series so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back