• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What video games did you grow up with?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

JacquelineDeane

Way back in the cretaceous period (lol) when I was a child, our main system was the Nintendo 64. We got a Gamecube later on. And you know what? We still own those two systems, and I'm like, 30 years old now. But they hold too many fond memories on them so we won't sell them to anyone.

I played over 100 + games growing up, and there is simply too much to list. But my favorite one was Banjo Kazooie for the Nintendo 64.

I used to have a Nintendo 3DS and on it my favorite games was the Pokemon franchise. X, Y, and Pokemon Sun.

Sad to say, I did not grow up with the Kingdom Hearts series. I displayed lack of interest in it when I was a child (my how that has changed!). Also, I didn't own a Playstation growing up.

And also, I did not know about The World Ends With You. I only recently found out about it a week ago, and ever since then I have been watching every TWEWY video that I could get my hands on. I adore the music in the game, I immediately took to Neku and Joshua (if they were real I'd ask if we could be friends!). I just love that game now. I don't know what I was missing!

About Sho you guys...I know it is really popular to cosplay him, but I actually don't like him because I think he is a big fat jerk. He was so mean to me in the game! Also, I hated math in school! Take that, Sho! It was so annoying seeing Sho speak in math. Ugh. What is wrong with him!?

What games did you guys grow up with?

Soldier

Awards
Way back in the cretaceous period (lol) when I was a child, our main system was the Nintendo 64. We got a Gamecube later on. And you know what? We still own those two systems, and I'm like, 30 years old now. But they hold too many fond memories on them so we won't sell them to anyone.

I played over 100 + games growing up, and there is simply too much to list. But my favorite one was Banjo Kazooie for the Nintendo 64.

I used to have a Nintendo 3DS and on it my favorite games was the Pokemon franchise. X, Y, and Pokemon Sun.

Sad to say, I did not grow up with the Kingdom Hearts series. I displayed lack of interest in it when I was a child (my how that has changed!). Also, I didn't own a Playstation growing up.

And also, I did not know about The World Ends With You. I only recently found out about it a week ago, and ever since then I have been watching every TWEWY video that I could get my hands on. I adore the music in the game, I immediately took to Neku and Joshua (if they were real I'd ask if we could be friends!). I just love that game now. I don't know what I was missing!

About Sho you guys...I know it is really popular to cosplay him, but I actually don't like him because I think he is a big fat jerk. He was so mean to me in the game! Also, I hated math in school! Take that, Sho! It was so annoying seeing Sho speak in math. Ugh. What is wrong with him!?

What games did you guys grow up with?
I know that sentimental feeling towards your first console all too well, I still have the PS2 that launched me into gaming. Oh, the games i had on there!

One of the first games i ever recieved on there was the original kingdom hearts, and me and my sister frequently played it trying to get to the second set of worlds, only to be thwarted due to our lack of RPG knowledge and clayton's cursed shotgun shells. So it took a LONG time till we got passed that point and finished the game when i was around 10 years old. Sometime later we did get KH 2 and got much further in that, but once again demyx halted our progress.

I also had a wide variety of movie licensed games, my favorite being Ice age 2: The meltdown, while most of them were pretty horrible, they filled the genre niches in my early gaming collection that i lacked from the standout titles.

Another series i also used to play religiously was the original spyro: Year of the dragon for ps1. If i remember correctly, that was the first game i ever beat, but at a great cost of many MANY hours. You see, we didn't have a ps1 memory card, so whenever we played the game, we couldn't save. So that meant if we wanted to beat it or get to a certain level, we had to burn through the game on a Friday night/Saturday morning and HOPE that we get to that point. It was frustrating, but soon i'll be able to revisit this series with the alleged remasters for ps4.

One last game series that i loved was the Tak series. It was a short lived standalone game franchise made by THQ for Nickelodeon. However, when they made the god-awful tv show, it killed the franchise. I still have the original trilogy in its entirety, and have beaten all 3 of them, but the last one is frustrating, highly recommend multiplayer for that one.

Pokie

Psone : Croc :legend of the Gobbos, Spyro- 1-3, Rayman, Crash Bandicoot 1-3, Disney's Hercules, Klonoa, Mickey's Wild Adventure, Pandemonium, Tekken 1-3, Final Fantasy VII- IX.

PS2 : Kingdom Hearts, Crash Bandicoot 4, Beyond Good and Evil, Soul Calibur 2, Jak and Daxter

Also grew up with Sonic the Hedgehog on a older sibling's Sega console.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Ugh, my mind is melting thinking about my old catalog. Here's roughly the stuff I had/played growing up, give or take a few.

Game Gear (my first video game system)

• Sonic Titles (2, Chaos)
  • Power Rangers titles
  • Disney titles (Legend of Illusion, The Jungle Book, The Lion King)
  • Star Trek: The Advanced Holodeck Tutorial

PS1 (2nd)
  • 2Xtreme
  • 40 Winks (incomplete)
  • Casper
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Disney's Hercules
  • Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX
  • Legend of Dragoon (incomplete)
  • Star Ocean: The Second Story (incomplete)
  • SF/Darkstalkers (Pocket Fighter, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo)

Gameboy Color (3rd)

• Pokemon Yellow (literally got the system to play this game)

PS2 (4th)

• The Bouncer
  • Final Fantasy X, X-2 (still have not beaten the sequel)
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil

Gameboy Advance (5th)
  • Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
  • Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

Nintendo DS
  • Spiderman 2 (incomplete)

Never owned these, but I feel like GoldenEye (N64) and GTA: Vice City (PS2) were everyone's games since I'd played them with the neighbors all the time, all of us shooting eachother or looting cars. 'merica

Ironically, I've returned to some of the "dead" hardware to flesh out a fuller library of games I never got to play before I graduated high school. Particularly, rather than chasing down the then current PS3 games, I revisited the (heavily discounted) PS2 library for games like Beyond Good and Evil, Dirge of Cerberus, KH: Re:CoM, the Onimusa series, Soul Caliber, XIII, etc.

ok sunny

Awards
I grew up with the Playstation 2 and my Gameboy Advanced/DS Lite! Those were the easy days of gaming. I also had a Wii, but I had many more memories from playing my other consoles/devices. I'll list my favorite games on each device below.

PS2 games:

-Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom (my first ever PS2 game)
-KH 1 & 2 (of course)
-Any of the Crash Bandicoot games
-Tak and the Power of Juju (never owned the game, but always rented it)

Gameboy Advanced:
-All the Pokemon games
-Super Mario World
-The Lion King 1/2
(Never owned CoM on the gameboy, but i always saw my friends play it)

DS Lite:
-Still all the Pokemon games
-358/2 Days
-ROCKET SLIME (!!!!!!!) among other Dragon Quest games

Now-a-days I play a lot of Virtual Console on my 3DS and I dabble in PC gaming. I played Skyrim and Fallout 4 for the first time over the summer and loved them, but I was recommended to play FO: New Vegas, instead.
I'm also waiting for KH3, but I need to buy my own PS4 since the one I used to have is a family console and I can't play that at college:(

D3cca

I grew up playing the Original Xbox, Xbox 360, PS2, DS, 3DS, Wii, and Computer games. the individual games I grew up playing were Star Wars Battlefront, Pokemon, Minecraft, Terraria, Fur Fighters, Racing games, and Rock Band. I had a fun childhood, even though I'm technically still considered a teen.

Awards
Website
the-blue-wraith.tumblr.com
I grew up with my PS2, PSP & PS3. Playstation has a special place in my heart and I really had a good time in playing video games, because I was a loner back then so I seek comfort in video games. I grew up with Kingdom Hearts, Tekken, Tomb Raider, Assassin's Creed, Infamous, Mass Effect. Especially on the PS2, I had a great childhood on that era.

Foxycian

Awards
hmm i have soo many i'll just list few specially the one i liked
final fantasy X
final fantasy X-2 (my first ever final fantasy game and probably my favourite)
Kingdom hearts (i played all but kh1 and 2 are what i grew up with)
Gregory horror show (soo underrated yet soo good)
Sonic heroes (again i played a lot of sonic games and still do but this one is my first and favourite)
Digimon rumble arena 2
Gundam (i played many Gundam games when i was growing and still do^^ currently playing Gundam versus)

Awards
I mean my first video game was Nintendo 64

So:

Nintendo 64: Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, Mario Kart, Mario Party 1, 2 and 3

PS2: Kingdom Hearts I & II, and pretty much all of the Dragon Ball games lol

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I remember that the first "new" consoles, and the only ones I had for a very long time, were my GameBoy Advance SP and my PS2. My favorite games on the SP were my dynasty warriors game, Gauntlet (which btw is just an amazing old-fashioned beat 'em up), Pokemon Fire Red, Ruby, and Emerald, a Beyblade game that I used to own (that I didn't beat until I was 14 lol), Chain of Memories, and Sonic Advance 3.

As for my PS2, I remember enjoying Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly (I know, but it was my only Spyro game, and I enjoyed the music), Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom (which is straight-up one of the best platformers I've ever played), Ratchet and Clank, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger (which is one of my big inspirations for going into music), Kingdom Hearts I, II, and Re:CoM, Star Wars the Force Unleashed, Mortal Kombat Armegeddo, some Gran Turismo game, Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, and Shrek 2.

ImVentus

Awards
I was introduced first to the Nintendo 64 & Gamecube and played a few games over at friends. First time included a Tom & Jerry KO game, Super Mario 64, Tarzan, Spyro, Toy Story 2 to name a few.

I remember playing once a GameBoy with Donkey Kong, was really fun.

I got to play a bit of KH1 at a game store back in 2002 but never really got my hands on the first copy.

My 1st owned console was the Playstation 2. Games at launch included Prince Of Persia, Scooby Doo 100 nights of fright & SXX.
However by the time KH2 released early at my location I never turned off the console XD. KH2 became an instant favourite that I would never stop playing. I would be that kid that sat glued to the floor with amazement on the screen.

For my PS2 games my favourites included Kingdom Hearts 2, Sly Cooper, Sonic Heroes, The Legend Of Spyro & Shrek 2.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
My first video game system was a Super Nintendo and Super Mario world was my first video game I ever played followed by Donkey Kong country. I grew up playing exclusively Nintendo games until I discovered the magic of the PlayStation 2 when I was 14, that's how I discovered kingdom hearts.
I'd like to think Nintendo shaped who I am as a person and I learned many life lessons from Zelda and Mario.
Good times.

Babbin

Awards
My Anvarol success story and first video game system was a Super Nintendo and Super Mario world was my first video game I ever played followed by Donkey Kong country. I grew up playing exclusively Nintendo games until I discovered the magic of the PlayStation 2 when I was 14, that's how I discovered kingdom hearts.
I'd like to think Nintendo shaped who I am as a person and I learned many life lessons from Zelda and Mario.
Good times.
I grew up primarily with Blizzard games. My first game ever was Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness. I've been playing Blizzard games ever since. I also lived Heroes of Might and Magic franchise. I even play HoMM3 to this day.

Last edited:

Phantom

My first console was PS2. I grew up with Jak & Daxter, Kingdom Hearts, Ratchet & Clank and Sly Cooper series (Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy and Kingdom Hearts were my first games), and I still enjoy those series a lot. I also had Ape Escape 3 and some Disney games, like Monsters, Inc. and Donald Duck: Quack Attack.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Most Memorable games I owned

N64
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Snap

GameCube
Pokemon Collosseum and Pokemon Xd Gale of Darkness
Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 Battle
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Riders
Mario Party 4 and 5
Mario Kart Double Dash
Super Smash Bros Melee
Super Mario Sunshine
Luigi‘s mansion
Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life
Super Monkey ball 1 and 2
Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Paper Mario Thousand Year Door

Bought the Kingdom Hearts Series 1.5 and then 2.5 for PS3,
Also remembered I used to play the Naruto series, Little Big Planet, Ratchet and Clank and one of the Dynasty warrior games quite a bit on PS3.

Kimmy1980

Awards
Original Nintendo all the way (have the box). Didn't get into playing games until the early 90's (yeah I am showing my age here folks!) with Super Mario brothers and Tetris. Didn't play KH until 2004 on the PS2, and then after that fell in love with FFX. Love both the stories. Sadly the latest system that I have that still works is the XBOX 360 where I attacked a large portion of the LEGO games. Also own a Wii. Also own a PSP and Nintendo DS (but only for KH games).

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
When I was really young, we only had Sega games. We had several Disney games, like TLM, Aladdin, TLK, Pocahontas, TJB. The games we (my sister and I) played the most though were Tetris and Mrs. Pac Man. Around the time I was in middle school, I got a PS2 and Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts were my first games. Then I slowly got all the Final Fantasy's over time (IX, VIII, and XII are the ones I most associate with that time), along with Chain of Memories on GBA*, KH2, the Jak & Daxter series, the Crash Bandicoot series, and Psychonauts. Oh, and the first two HP games on PS1 and PS2. There's Dual Hearts, too--that feels like such a forgotten game, that I wonder if anyone here's ever played it.

* That reminds me, I did have a Gameboy and GBA before CoM came along because of the Pokemon craze (I have around 6-8 Pokemon games for those handhelds, and gosh are those things boring). I was only casually into Pokemon, more for the cards than anything else, but at least I had the system I needed for CoM because of it. :p

Awards
I grew up with a gamer of an older brother, and my very first two consoles were his PS2 and a Game Boy Advance SP that he gave me! So Nintendo and Sony were my first forays into gaming.

The games I remember playing the most growing up were the Tobey Maguire Spider-Man movie games, the Jak And Daxter Trilogy, Crash Bandicoot: Wrath Of Cortex, The Lord Of The Rings games and Kingdom Hearts, of course!

As the years went by, I got into Pokemon and Smash Bros. and Assassin's Creed and the like, and it's been quite the experience! Gaming truly is a wonderful hobby!

OOH! And who could forget the Lego Star Wars games that first came out? Awesome stuff!

Back